• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Tell me you’re and old gamer without saying you’re an old gamer. (3 Viewers)

About to OD on Nostalgia over here.

OP listed my top 3 games of the 90's in terms of time played online. Duke Nukem (1v1's over the modem), AoE 3v3's on the Microsoft IGZ, and then EQ of course.

I was just having a conversation with one of my foster care companions... that said, we we're talking about the old Atari games and this gem came up... good times!

Jungle_Hunt_Screenshot.png

Anyone else remember how ultra frustrating it was to get that entire game entered from the book, only to find it would not run.. but the typo wasn't YOUR type.. but in the published book?? omg. Could launch a table.

First game I ever played on a Honywell mainframe running Sigma7 OS, circa 1974. (Glad to see its still around courtesy of Mobygames.) And yes when I first played it, it was on a print teletype terminal, and it ate a lot of paper.

Followed by original Adventure in Colossal caves, also on the same mainframe.
And also this... https://osric.com/wumpus/

(yes I'm old.....)

My first PC was a 286sx with a Herulese graphics card!
Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

Sometimes when I am running a high level toon through a super low level area. I smash auto attack as I run by creatures, one rounding them. All the while, the "Star Power" song loop is in my head from the original Super Mario Bros. :D

Oh yea...you know you're old if your mind immediately finishes the following with your fingers on auto...up up...down down...left right...left right...and....

nintendo videogames GIF by El Primer Mando
My son now has a baby toy game controller that just makes noise says the name of the letter you push and other silly stuff. Just for fun i tried the Konami code and it did a special something. I wasn't sure if I should be proud or disappointed. 🙃

My first chess opponent: sargon
First flight sim: chop lift
I remember logging onto a MUD vis a BBS and thinking 'wow! There are other people in this adventure too. Guess I'm going to have to type faster if i want to get ye flask'
First FPS: actually doom, but needed a RAM upgrade to play it. Also when I learned what shareware was and how to load drivers into high mem so I could have enough conventional memory to play the game with sound.

Edit:
Forgot, First adventure game: zork.

Last edited:
Funny - Tell me you’re and old gamer without saying you’re an old gamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back