• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - Starting back up again (1 Viewer)

tomahawkeer

RedCents
1,624¢
I just started playing again, and decided to just start fresh on a new server with a heroic SK (100). Where is the best place for me to start? I am about to buy level 2 as I used it may times in previous years, but I think it will help me a bunch getting back into the groove. Where should I be looking to level solo / molo as a 100 heroic SK before getting boxes involved?

to get back into the groove I'd start in The Grounds or Morrells castle to get back into the swing of things and work your way up through valley > sarith > shards landing.

Get yourself the Golden Pick from Blightfire quests and when you're ready you can take your boxes you want to PL back to the grounds and level them up through the same exp path.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Welcome back!

Im with Hackzimus in terms of a general line to get your feet back under ya. Should be relatively safe until you are reestablished.

Have a month on me to get your feet wet again

Ive been soloing both grounds and valley without issues, its just really slow. Currently don't have epic on this server, so ive kind of stayed away from swarming so far.

What is the Golden Pick from Blightfire?

Test because of the xp bonus then move to FV because everything is tradeable and half the server boxes. So nobody cares what you do.
Cant Transfer off of Test, not a bad place to start back up especially if you are planning on doing it solo and not with some already established friends that have been playing. But wouldn't start there and plan to transfer to FV.

to get back into the groove I'd start in The Grounds or Morrells castle to get back into the swing of things and work your way up through valley > sarith > shards landing.

Get yourself the Golden Pick from Blightfire quests and when you're ready you can take your boxes you want to PL back to the grounds and level them up through the same exp path.
I thought this got nerfed, but either way it should be pointed out this will only work on FV. On any other server you'll have to get the pick on a PLee, not your SK. You'll start here, but make sure you stop once you get the third task and don't complete it or your pick will poof. It's trivial for your SK to do the whole thing for your PLee and can be grouped while you do it.

This may have been what @hackzimus meant, but I wanted to clarify so you didn't waste time getting it on your sk.

I just started playing again, and decided to just start fresh on a new server with a heroic SK (100). Where is the best place for me to start? I am about to buy level 2 as I used it may times in previous years, but I think it will help me a bunch getting back into the groove. Where should I be looking to level solo / molo as a 100 heroic SK before getting boxes involved?
You can obtain level 2 via Red Cents. Much has been written about these magical moneys. So in a nut shell here is how it works.

You can give worthy posts a red cent that in turn earns you a little red cent. It does not take away from whatever red cents you already have. If you post something worthy then others can give you red cents.

Once you have 50 of them you can buy your level 2 in the Red Cent shop. Or you can pay other ways for level 2. And I see you are level 2 right now so you can start earning them by giving them out or making worthy/funny posts!!!

You also have to be level 2 to give them out. So each month make sure you re up your level 2. Its not hard to earn enough.

Welcome back and welcome to RG!

The solo game is tough IMO. I started there with a wiz I stopped playing over 15 years ago and then added a druid and then a SK because guilds and groups were still a challenge to find. 3 boxing without MQ was tough and then I found this site and all of EQ changed for me. I added 3 more and began doing mercs/parts from all xpacs and having a lot more fun. If you are even considering playing more than 1, I would recommend reading up on how this site helps you box and maybe start a new crew on test so you can see how the cwtn plugins work for free or anyo there automation you're attracted to. You may or may not end up keeping those toons but f2p from level 1 would be great to learn/experiment with before you do what I did by starting with one and then later on expanding to 11 LOL. Would have been easier to do it from the get-go in hindsight.

I know this does not really answer the question of where to start with one heroic toon, but others addressed that above. I thought a second opinion from experience may offer some value.

Test because of the xp bonus then move to FV because everything is tradeable and half the server boxes. So nobody cares what you do.
There are people who police the FV server. Have gotten many messages from disgruntled players telling me they reported me for using tools to play etc. Caught a suspension a couple of years ago as well. So saying that "nobody cares" is an over statement. Probably a lot more people do not care on FV vs. other servers. But still be careful how lax you are playing on FV.

Cant Transfer off of Test, not a bad place to start back up especially if you are planning on doing it solo and not with some already established friends that have been playing. But wouldn't start there and plan to transfer to FV.
I second this. Best to just start on FV. Still get XP bonus. And nice to have almost everything tradable as it's easier to equip toons without needing to raid a lot.

There are people who police the FV server. Have gotten many messages from disgruntled players telling me they reported me for using tools to play etc. Caught a suspension a couple of years ago as well. So saying that "nobody cares" is an over statement. Probably a lot more people do not care on FV vs. other servers. But still be careful how lax you are playing on FV.

I second this. Best to just start on FV. Still get XP bonus. And nice to have almost everything tradable as it's easier to equip toons without needing to raid a lot.
Doc has been playing on FV and using tools longer than I have. You should listen to him. I make it a point to.

Im on FV so just going careful and slow. not trying to get banned lol
Oh you can go as crazy fast, and extreme as you want. Just don't do things like AFK your toons for a week, or be a nuisance to other players (IE: Move to a different camp spot if someone is where you want to be. Camping named for days straight without being at the keyboard, etc). Also as a side note, you should be careful in crowded public "laggy" zones like PoK when you are running your toons from place to place too. Because that's a definite give away when someone is watching you move a group (yeah, I learned that one the hard way). 🙏

So.. I molo'd with a monk and cleric merc in Valley of Lunanyn pretty successfully. I would run from farmer to farmer, usually with singles except for when a roamer would walk into me. A SK and a healer should do even better. Around 103-104. I remember I moved to Drowned Katta and fought the elementals, and then moved to the snakes. Around 105/106 I went to Brother Island and fought the animals until 110. That was how I did it anyway. After 110, I went to Frontier Mountains and hunted the sarnak forts until I got caught up on AA when I couldnt get a ToV group. Around 22-25k AA is when the sarnak forts became really managable and I could start pulling doubles. You, as a SK... you will kill it ALL with your AoE Life Tap. Or so I am lead to believe.

Currently running slowly atm and staying inconspicuous as I can. I did manage to get to 101 and about 25% towards 102 so far. Kiss working great for just 1 toon. I will eventually add others. Thanks for the zone tips @TinyBubbles ill keep them in mind. Before I got MQ I had been in valley soloing, might just move back there again, it was pretty good xp.

Cant recommend highly enough the MQ2Eskay plugin also, $20 for a year but i found it to be way better than the Kissassist i was using (which i already thought was pretty good)
Yeah I am seeing some of these plugins now and watched a couple of videos and see that most classes have their own plugin. Can you just use those plugins instead of kiss for full groups or is kiss still the way to go. Im not at that point yet, im still tweaking my SK in kiss, but the eskay plugin looks good. Also is the $20 for just the eskay plugin or all of the cwtn plugins?

Yeah I am seeing some of these plugins now and watched a couple of videos and see that most classes have their own plugin. Can you just use those plugins instead of kiss for full groups or is kiss still the way to go. Im not at that point yet, im still tweaking my SK in kiss, but the eskay plugin looks good. Also is the $20 for just the eskay plugin or all of the cwtn plugins?
Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

each plugin is $20 per plugin per 12 months, they are by class.

you can use them included on the RG test build with your RG lvl 2, you should do that before purchasing.

there are a lot of guides and videos and commands and FAQ, definitely check them out before overwhemling yourself.

we currently have 12 of the 16 classes released

Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

each plugin is $20 per plugin per 12 months, they are by class.

you can use them included on the RG test build with your RG lvl 2, you should do that before purchasing.

there are a lot of guides and videos and commands and FAQ, definitely check them out before overwhemling yourself.

we currently have 12 of the 16 classes released
I may not know much but I know about the plugins They are amazing!

Was a no brainer for me - tweak KA or just pay $20 for the plugin and it pretty much does the lot :xd: Currently got Shaman and SK ones and i play my bard myself with 3 mercs and its just a chill experience while 3 boxing

Not to mention the support on them seems top class, if you have a question someone is always happy to help

Discussion - Starting back up again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back