• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Some Questions from a Returning Player (1 Viewer)

RedCents
200¢
Hi All,

I played from '99 to around '03 and was able to get one of my accounts back in 2020 and did some Alt-Tab 3 boxing but life got in the way.

I've now found myself with a lot of free time lately so I've been playing around for the last few days to get used to everything again. I'd like to try out some add-ons to make multi-boxing easier but a couple of questions have come up:

1. I'm setting up a new PC and am waiting on the last part. If I setup add-ons on my current PC, would the in-game configuration/macros save when I transfer to the new PC next week?

2. What add-ons do you consider "must have" for 4-6 boxing?

3. Is ISBoxer necessary? Is there an alternative? I'm trying to keep the subscriptions down to keep my wife happy (and maybe convince her to play at some point).

4. I'd like to build up to 6 boxing. I have a couple of characters to add in the teens and 20's (Mage and SK), so I'd like to try 4 boxing for the early levels. I was thinking Enchanter, Cleric, Shaman, Wizard, but is the Cleric necessary if I have a Shaman? Is there a better than the Wizard?

Thanks for any help!

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Hiya Braldar!

Welcome back and welcome to RG!!!

1) If you copy your EQ directory and your RG directory, you can move files over to the new PC pretty easily
2) See below for automation and RG options/add ons
3) I used to use it but moved away from it and use boxhud and I've never been happier. For my vote, it's not necessary once you get a handle on your desired automation
4) First off, always play what you like bu the holy grail will be Tank --> Heal --> CC --> DPS. So you should consider a SHD/WAR/PAL first. The cleric good until level 101 or higher and then SHM shines for group heals and group play. Cleric is a must imo if you plan to raid. Wizzies doing well these days imo but I would focus your group arund caster or melee for best results. If caster, you can use you enc for adps and CC, if melee, go bard

Hope the above helps and the info below

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids Sic has created as they are your greatest source of information. I would even recommend watching them twice. Toon Movement - AutoGroup/AutoAccept/MQ2Yes - Basic Overview

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Hi All,

I played from '99 to around '03 and was able to get one of my accounts back in 2020 and did some Alt-Tab 3 boxing but life got in the way.

I've now found myself with a lot of free time lately so I've been playing around for the last few days to get used to everything again. I'd like to try out some add-ons to make multi-boxing easier but a couple of questions have come up:

1. I'm setting up a new PC and am waiting on the last part. If I setup add-ons on my current PC, would the in-game configuration/macros save when I transfer to the new PC next week?

2. What add-ons do you consider "must have" for 4-6 boxing?

3. Is ISBoxer necessary? Is there an alternative? I'm trying to keep the subscriptions down to keep my wife happy (and maybe convince her to play at some point).

4. I'd like to build up to 6 boxing. I have a couple of characters to add in the teens and 20's (Mage and SK), so I'd like to try 4 boxing for the early levels. I was thinking Enchanter, Cleric, Shaman, Wizard, but is the Cleric necessary if I have a Shaman? Is there a better than the Wizard?

Thanks for any help!
1. License would, the actual settings no, few post here on the boards about what to move, and also a tool from Ladon to move your "blob" (look at mq2autologin).

2. keyboard and mouse is handy.
2.a VV (very vanilla) comes with "the full package", IE you can do everything from automated overseers to raids with what it has. Now what i think your asking is what do you need enabled?
3. Not really, depending on what you use it for?
4. Clerics help until shaman is 101+ (modern game). After that, for group content any 2 healers is overkill. They are a healing safety blanket. Take them along until your feeling ready, then AP (or roll a alt) and put a DPS there. MQ makes leveling and adding to your team a snap.
Wizards are in a great spot right now. however, if your looking for casters, mage, wiz, necro, ench in that order (for automation groups).

Welcome aboard!

BigBangTheory_ThunderdomeWelcome.gif

My Notations. ISBoxer/Innerspace is nice if you want to show all your characters on the screen at once via PiP setup. Hot key swapping between instances is nice too. If you have a speed/gamepad it's easy to set hot keys to swap quickly between toons rather than alt-tabbing. RGMecs is a good macro program to get started which is a no cost solution for boxing and automation.

Have fun!

Thanks everyone!

I think I'm going to play around with ALT/Tab 4 boxing until the part comes in and I get the new system up and going. After that I'll play around with some mods on the site.

I've started a Enchanter, Wiz, Cleric and Shaman that I'm playing through the Mines with a tank merc and once they hit 10 I'll add in my SK as tank and should have some mods going by then.

Question - Some Questions from a Returning Player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back