• You've discovered RedGuides, an EverQuest multi-boxing and scripting community 🧙‍♀️⚙️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋

Question - Solid Plat Farming Spots?

Like the title states, I am getting back into the game with my F2P accounts getting Laurion's Song xpac and lvl 125. Trying to find a solid farm location or 2 for a batch of F2P 120 accounts with a mix of CoV and ToL gear. Mainly to buy gear upgrades, but also to snag enough to buy a krono or 2 every few months.

Edit: I scanned through some of the older threads on the topic and was hoping for some newer content locations.
 
Like the title states, I am getting back into the game with my F2P accounts getting Laurion's Song xpac and lvl 125. Trying to find a solid farm location or 2 for a batch of F2P 120 accounts with a mix of CoV and ToL gear. Mainly to buy gear upgrades, but also to snag enough to buy a krono or 2 every few months.
all of the old recommendations pretty much still apply. diamonds/bluediamonds and mobs per hour. old places like the grounds are good

please resist the sweet siren call of afk - because you will get reported
 
all of the old recommendations pretty much still apply. diamonds/bluediamonds and mobs per hour. old places like the grounds are good

please resist the sweet siren call of afk - because you will get reported
Thanks for the feedback! I will dig a little deeper on the older posts and do some extra footwork for a location.
 


 


Cheers again for dropping some direct links to threads for my research. You be Boss Hoggin the dets on my question!
 
Farming TS mats and making items that sell to vendors for more then they cost to make.
I'm not gonna name all the recipes, but almost every parchment or gem can be used in a recipe and sold for a 200-600pp profit per gem/parchment (well... profit compared to just vendoring 2s-2pp raw tradeskilll item)
 
lol please do name them i need plat
Of the 32,654 tradeskill recipes (21,209 that I have full price data for, I'm not sure exactly how old my data list is), 3,431 of them are profitable (compared to what you buy from the vendor, not compared to what those mats sell for before TSing them). Wherever you decide to farm will determine what you should be researching to find the most profitable junk ts items you have the potential to be turning into massive gains.
 
I have heard SOD zone - Korascian warrens or Field of Scale, anywhere there are lots of humanoid mobs. SOD rank 2 spell drops sell to vendors for anywhere from 80 pp to nearly 500pp. The melee tomes net you 900+pp each.
 
My favorite spot was in Old kurns tower in SOD, using my warrior with the upgraded Honed Wurmslayer, i use this weapon because any mob lower than 85 will not be able to hurt you so only the named in there can hurt you.

There is about 147 mobs if i remember right, and my level 105 warrior could wipe them all out before respawn, then he run down to the start to take care of respawn, there is vendor trash drops, tier 2 spells, some sell on the bazaar but most often its vendor trash, many trade skill items that can be sold on trader, or just outright vendor trash.

I used my old mac pocketfarm to run my warrior, and depending on drop rates and rng, it would make me anywhere from 35k to 53k an hour, this included the time it took me to use another custom mac i had to run through trader and sell the items it could, and then i manually just unloaded everything to a vedor after that mac was done, its not the most profitable i am sure, but i could let it run there a few hours and have a couple grand and be happy

I was always at the keyboard doing things, adjusting loot filters and such till i had a complete loot filter, i use advanced loot with mq2lootmanager to my manage my loot

I would not run there if i saw people in the zone, which i rarely did, but sometimes there be a group come in and spend an hour and get mutilated by the boss and swarm of mobs at the entrance.
 
Ok I took a trip down to Korascian warrens and some other SOD zones and the pickins were slim. Yes rank II spells do drop, usually 1 per named. But named are far and few in between. A couple blue diamonds and everything else sold pretty low to vendor. Not really worth it for me.
 
Ya the mob density is pretty spread out in SOD. Unless you are going to the area with the Dragons and Iksar in Field of Scale. This is one of the main reasons that I prefer VoA is because of higher mob density areas. HoT has pretty good mob density as well. Same with some of the ROF zones. Not all zones have high density, but when they do it is nice to take on like 5-15 mobs in a small area and then move to next place.
 
Ya the mob density is pretty spread out in SOD. Unless you are going to the area with the Dragons and Iksar in Field of Scale. This is one of the main reasons that I prefer VoA is because of higher mob density areas. HoT has pretty good mob density as well. Same with some of the ROF zones. Not all zones have high density, but when they do it is nice to take on like 5-15 mobs in a small area and then move to next place.
Any other insights on zones that have high mob density for a 500 range pull area, or whatever you are using to calculate mob density?

I accept my lack of knowledge on best ways to calculate mob density. Is there an expansion where the mobs seem to be higher in density compared to others?

Part of me feels like Gyrospire Beza or Zeka style zones have high density, but is the payout worth it? maybe I am missing a part of the puzzle without investing time into the input of time for certain campsites vs the payout of vendor trash + TS mats based on server needs (like things listed in /Barter)

Mainly trying to avoid getting external people involved in my farming process (like selling PL or Raid Loot) and just focused on vendor + small Bazaar sales.s
 
Gyrospire is pretty popular so you may meet others - tinkering TS mats are pretty popular items to farm. I preferred Argath in VoA because there are a lot of clumps of mobs and no faction hits and less likely to see others, but if you did see people the whole city has clumps here and there. Um... 500 range is a tough one. You could try out RoF Shards Landing - there are sections that have large concentrations of mobs, but it might be busy on the server you play on. I preferred a run and gun approach over a camp radius.

The previous threads have a lot of good recommendations. I've quit playing and each server has different zones that are busy with other people farming plat.
 
Any other insights on zones that have high mob density for a 500 range pull area, or whatever you are using to calculate mob density?

I accept my lack of knowledge on best ways to calculate mob density. Is there an expansion where the mobs seem to be higher in density compared to others?

Part of me feels like Gyrospire Beza or Zeka style zones have high density, but is the payout worth it? maybe I am missing a part of the puzzle without investing time into the input of time for certain campsites vs the payout of vendor trash + TS mats based on server needs (like things listed in /Barter)

Mainly trying to avoid getting external people involved in my farming process (like selling PL or Raid Loot) and just focused on vendor + small Bazaar sales.s
Start tracking plat per hour. Test out different areas. Try different classes.
For barter stuff I think of that more as a bonus, not as a base rate (though there are some items that are consistently in baz no matter how much you sell they always want more... Usually a sign of a tradeskill item worth making into something else).
Some automations are better than others, though custom scripts for your farming needs are always best. There are hundreds of places to farm, and sometimes the best pph possible is just waiting for a whale barter buyer wanting to buy low level mats for 10kpp each.
 
I used https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2plattracker.155/ to track my plat is why i knew what i was making pr hour, including trader and vendor sales, i reset it when i started a session, when i was done farming id use my stein to get back to pok, run my trader selling script, then when that was done, id sell all the vendor trash, books, spells, tomes, gems, and the leftover tradeskill items i didnt sell on trader, then i would check the plattracker to see how it went


Id generally keep diamonds and blue diamonds because i wanted to collect them to one day sell a full 1k stack of them which i thought would be fun.
 
At smaller zones, Hollow Shade Moor was a great zone, due to great gem drop rates, Dranik Scar and Blood fields were fair for diamonds and some rare trade skill drops, but Anguish was better. Valdeholm is a good zone for the level, There are both Gyros, while the gem drop rates are soso, and alot of trash drops, the tradeskill sellable drops make up for it. The highest level zones I like are Frontier Mountain and Sathir's Tomb, I hope this helps, and gives a choice, due to your level.
 
Depending on krono prices for your server, it can be a bit rough generating enough plat to fund accounts.

6-10 years ago, i had a troop of like 12 SKs I ran on a seperate computer while I played my main group. I posted them up in weird zones that weren't frequented very often and just let them run wild.

Some zones i rotated through:
PoEarth (liquified earth)
RSS (pyrilen flame) - this one you need to be a bit careful with cause peeps do still go here
Accursed nest (great with autoforage going too)
Thundercrest Isles
MPG - chance for lightning cores
Vxed
Kodtaz
Yxxta
The Hive
PoWater
Relic
Frostcrypt
Valdeholm
Thalassius
Steam factory and S.H.I.P
Kaesora
Korafax
Kernagir
Lichen Creep
Convorteum
Foundation
Underquarry
Fear Itself
Morrell castle/sanctum somnium
Resplendant temple
Bixie warfront
Shards landing
Erillion
Windsong

I'd do 3-5 hour sessions in the evenings while I played, wasn't uncommon for each toon to bring in 50-100k in vendor trash, but another 50-100k in tradeskill stuff I could sell on my bazaar mule. I average 1.5-2 mil pp per evening when I set them up.

Kronos at the time were 7-8mil pp, I'd make about 3-5 krono a month. Easily could have scaled this higher and did more, but I was only keeping my 2 tank accts and a bazaar mule subbed.
 
Like the title states, I am getting back into the game with my F2P accounts getting Laurion's Song xpac and lvl 125. Trying to find a solid farm location or 2 for a batch of F2P 120 accounts with a mix of CoV and ToL gear. Mainly to buy gear upgrades, but also to snag enough to buy a krono or 2 every few months.

Edit: I scanned through some of the older threads on the topic and was hoping for some newer content locations.
you should try /barter sometimes players pay alot for certain items even old world zone items you can farm for them.....also look into crafting AP iterms players are always after those
 
Question - Solid Plat Farming Spots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
Cart