• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Shaman 1.5 (1 Viewer)

Killertoxin

RedCents
412Ā¢
Hey all

Does anyone know if the Netherbian Swarmfiend always drops the Amulet of The Spiritist for the shaman 1.5 ? I have been doing the quest in sequence and I have kill it twice now and not loot I cant imagine im on the wrong stage. I haven't found any other information on the subject elsewhere.

last hail was in the tunnel with Wunshi Kashra then i went and killed Spiritseeker Nadox and got the ring. now on to Netherbian Swarmfiend which is where i have the issue. So I went abck and redid the hails just to be sure now im back on camp for his spawn. Ill let you all know.

I just did the SHM epics last week again on another toon. I followed everything in order over a few days and did not have a single problem getting the 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 epic quests completed. My guess is you missed a step somewhere. I have done these on 4 separate shamans now and they happen to be the most bug free quest lines I can think of in EQ.

I am assuming that I am bugged im hopin a GM can kick my toon in the pants. I have done alot of epics in the past and from time to time it gets hung up.

i have done 1.5 for a few shm
i thought i was bugged when i killed him twice and didnt get the drop
I am not sure what I did but did not petition
I rechecked all steps hails etc
killed him again, got it

it seems that there is a bug with this mob not dropping loot. Here is the sanitized communication with DBG GM.

Greetings Traveler,

I'm sorry to hear that there may be a item dropping in game. I've gone ahead and reported your concerns regarding this problem to our team. Regrettably we are unable to spawn this item or able to correct this issue. If this is bugged and the item is not dropping properly this will need to be corrected on a global scale. I don't have an ETA as to when it might be looked into, but please keep an eye on the official forums, as well as the update notes for further information as it becomes available. I also suggest submitting a bug report from in game. Bug reports can be made in game by typing the command /bug and then filling out the appropriate information.

Main Website's Forums:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php

I checked your character's flags, and they look good. Regrettably I am unable to disclose item drop information. Though checking our records I do see the item dropping for other players. I also found no kill credit by your character on this NPC, nor was I able to find your character being an eligible looter on this NPC in the last 30 days.

I just completed Shaman 1.5 last week and am very paranoid on quests you have to do in sequence. So when it came to named drops, I always let my shaman tag the enemy with a DOT first. Got burned last year doing Bard epic 1.5 when I accidently had autoloot running and my master looter took the drop from the mob you summon when flagged and it was a single turn in. Going to have to start it over from the beginning.

it seems that there is a bug with this mob not dropping loot. Here is the sanitized communication with DBG GM.

Greetings Traveler,

I'm sorry to hear that there may be a item dropping in game. I've gone ahead and reported your concerns regarding this problem to our team. Regrettably we are unable to spawn this item or able to correct this issue. If this is bugged and the item is not dropping properly this will need to be corrected on a global scale. I don't have an ETA as to when it might be looked into, but please keep an eye on the official forums, as well as the update notes for further information as it becomes available. I also suggest submitting a bug report from in game. Bug reports can be made in game by typing the command /bug and then filling out the appropriate information.

Main Website's Forums:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php

I checked your character's flags, and they look good. Regrettably I am unable to disclose item drop information. Though checking our records I do see the item dropping for other players. I also found no kill credit by your character on this NPC, nor was I able to find your character being an eligible looter on this NPC in the last 30 days.
Any update on this? Iā€™m having the same issue. Even killed the mob 100% with melee on my shaman to try and get it to drop. Also turned in the ring just nowā€¦ maybe it will drop next spawn.

Yepā€¦. No luck. Still waiting on respawn after turning in the ring. Hoping that changes something.
The ring and the amulet were to be handed in to Wunshi at the same time. I hope this works out for you. I am down to the Bloated Girplan then 1 fight and hand ins(for 2.0).....I don't like this quest and the 2nd time shall be my last(I hope).

The ring and the amulet were to be handed in to Wunshi at the same time. I hope this works out for you. I am down to the Bloated Girplan then 1 fight and hand ins(for 2.0).....I don't like this quest and the 2nd time shall be my last(I hope).
yeah my plan was turn them in together but I donā€™t think you technically have to. They have separate tiggers. Hoping it pushes the quest some.

yeah my plan was turn them in together but I donā€™t think you technically have to. They have separate tiggers. Hoping it pushes the quest some.
I take what I read on Allas with a grain of salt. Skimming through posts I came across this one, "Oh, and notice, There is no use to kill this guy before Sky or nadox, you canT loot the item. You need to be on right step." If it's true, does this pertain to you?

I take what I read on Allas with a grain of salt. Skimming through posts I came across this one, "Oh, and notice, There is no use to kill this guy before Sky or nadox, you canT loot the item. You need to be on right step." If it's true, does this pertain to you?
Problem is Iā€™m on that stepā€¦ but for some reason it doesnā€™t recognize I am. If it helps, the boss doesnā€™t drop anythingā€¦ so maybe Iā€™m not triggering the raid right or killing too fast (I slowed way down the last time and it didnā€™t work).

Last edited:
Okā€¦ I think Iā€™m an idiot. Iā€™ve been killing swarmcaller and not swarmfiendā€¦ Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s it. There are special schools for people like me.
Hahaha oh shit! The right mob usually nets better results. Glad it wasn't a game side issue holding you back. I do like pictures personally, reading is overrated :bang:

Question - Shaman 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back