• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Senior Guides // Just now (1 Viewer)

Most of the guide events are listed over in the forums. Down at the bottom is a sub forum "guide events" and then each server is listed. The are always subject to change and sometimes events will be run and not listed.

Guide Events

Guides = the most influential resident in the nursing home. They might matter to themselves and a few other people, but in the grand scheme of things a guide can't really do shit other than report you (which is exactly what a normal player can do).

Wow, I totally read this wrong. I thought he was giving a heads up in case anyone wanted to participate in a guide event.

Yeah, guides no longer pay attention to what you are doing or go looking for issues to report - they run lame contests where the prize is always an illusion and maybe a small bag.

I hung out and spoke with the new (he said he had just started) GM last weekend when i was out with a *real* group.. he chatted with the group for about 45 minutes, gave us some little items and left.. i havent met a guide in forever.. didnt even know they still had them..

I hung out and spoke with the new (he said he had just started) GM last weekend when i was out with a *real* group.. he chatted with the group for about 45 minutes, gave us some little items and left.. i havent met a guide in forever.. didnt even know they still had them..
They are very rare and sometimes don't exist on some servers. But as I linked above you can see if any are running events on your server in the future. Guides are no longer allowed to do even 1/10 of what they used to. They will not assist with any petitions or issues

I used to be a guide on Saryn basically we had to either interact by role play with players 3 times a week or run a quest event once a week.

we didn’t handle customer service issues at all. in fact one time, a player got mad at me I wouldn’t change his name and I referred him to customer service to file a ticket. He cursed me and told me if he ever saw another guide he would train them LOL.

I used to be a guide on Saryn basically we had to either interact by role play with players 3 times a week or run a quest event once a week.

we didn’t handle customer service issues at all. in fact one time, a player got mad at me I wouldn’t change his name and I referred him to customer service to file a ticket. He cursed me and told me if he ever saw another guide he would train them LOL.

I would have called his bluff on that by showing up by him periodically.

Aren't guides totally immune to any aggro from mobs?

I do recall back on Ragefire that there were some of the senior guides who'd actively screw with afk groups and people they caught training though. Once in unrest there was a monk training and he got summoned back into the pack by some guide then booted from the game.

Aren't guides totally immune to any aggro from mobs?

I do recall back on Ragefire that there were some of the senior guides who'd actively screw with afk groups and people they caught training though. Once in unrest there was a monk training and he got summoned back into the pack by some guide then booted from the game.

Yes, Guides are immune to mob aggro so training a guide doesn't work but he didn't know that LOL

I remember going to Stormhammer when it opened. That first month or so the GMs actually were giving out high end items. The problem with the events they have now, and for a long time, is they dont give out end game items IMO.

Bans - Senior Guides // Just now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back