• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returning to EQ? (1 Viewer)

Hooknose

RedCents
Hello, I am a returning EQ player. When I quit I was max AA/lvl used to 3 or 4 box on 2 pc's. I recently decided to try EQ again and subbed and purchased the new expansion. I am not completely sure if I will continue to play due to only having one pc and not nearly as good as I used to be and being waaaayyy behind. If I do play I will have to 2 or 3 box and I would need MQ to do that. A few questions I have before deciding to sub. Do you have to pay for any additional plugins/programs? Is there a way to try it out to see if I like it and am capable of running it, have become more ADD over the years? Is there support to help set it up if I have issues. I have a 97 rogue(have played him solo and realized I will get nowhere if I cant Box)95 Cleric, 95 Bst, wiz, mage , necro all lower levels.

Thank you in advance for any help.

We have a Discord, its very active and people helping each other left and right, and just hanging out and being goofy, there is no try out, but if you are able to self compile you could check that out, that is still free and open for all.

You do not have to purchase extra tools or programs, there are some plugins and scripts that are pay to use, but are not needed at all, it's more of a convenience thing, and if you don't get them, it won't affect the usage of mq one bit.

BE AWARE, mq does not work on truebox servers, so depending on what server you are gonna play on, it might not work for you.

Does not work on: "Truebox" servers, such as Aradune, Agnarr, Corinav, Mangler, Miragul, Mischief, or Thornblade. (other tools such as MySEQ are available)

Hello, I am a returning EQ player. When I quit I was max AA/lvl used to 3 or 4 box on 2 pc's. I recently decided to try EQ again and subbed and purchased the new expansion. I am not completely sure if I will continue to play due to only having one pc and not nearly as good as I used to be and being waaaayyy behind. If I do play I will have to 2 or 3 box and I would need MQ to do that. A few questions I have before deciding to sub. Do you have to pay for any additional plugins/programs? Is there a way to try it out to see if I like it and am capable of running it, have become more ADD over the years? Is there support to help set it up if I have issues. I have a 97 rogue(have played him solo and realized I will get nowhere if I cant Box)95 Cleric, 95 Bst, wiz, mage , necro all lower levels.

welcome to redguides

If you so wanted to you could compile MQ yourself, without subbing to anywhere - but RG offers a ton of resources, support, ways to get/distribute resources, community, and all sorts of other stuff.

RG even has "Red Cents" which allow you things like being able to purchase a lvl 2 subscription for just participating in the community.

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

There are some additional "premium" (pay for) utilities, but none of them are required.

Here are the new user videos which will help you decide if this is something you want to check out.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Although there is a lot to learn when getting into all this the most important part is what Sic linked about Red Cents. Read that while your on the toilet at least.

Sent you a month of level 2. dig in, read, watch, ask quedtions. so much info, but the team here can help break it in chunks. 110% read/watch, play around in game, re-read, rewatch, ask questions. great people here, but need to take some ownership of learning before asking.

I came back after 20+ years, I have barely touched the sides on what this site offers, both free and paid, but Ive had a blast, and people are really helpful.

Things like the CWTN class plugins are really easy to use, and have made the return easier, I found kissassist needs more work as you have to keep updating your ini.

I seem to recall someone saying you can use the plugins free on Test, that may be a route to test them out yourself. This whole community has certainly reinvigorated me.

Currently have 6 toons at 80 and 6 at 69, Im getting them to 80 too then will try a bit of mix and match within the confines of my accounts (which again, this community will no doubt be asked for opinions)

Welcome back, and good luck :)

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Welcome back! I'm a huge fan of CWTN plugins for that easy to set up plug and play factor when I don't feel like alt tabbing between toons :) I do recommend reading the forums A LOT and watching the videos that Sic linked above.

Question - Returning to EQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back