• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Returning player after 20 years. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
37¢
Returned to the game last fall after 20 years away. Inherited guild leadership on Sullon Zek, which led to enough burnout for me to walk away. Sullon Zek was a special kind of grind in and of itself. Leading a guild there dialed the stress to 11. I was spending more time on our guild boards than I was in-game, and it devolved into unpaid daycare. walked away and never looked back.

Ended up with a back injury last year that has me out of work, and some of the YouTubers I watch mentioned the game. I hadn't seriously thought about EQ for a very long time. I was surprised that when I thought back, there were more good memories than bad. Enough that I sought out the website and rolled up a free account. Poked around on FV a little bit to get my bearings again, and stumbled across the TLPs last fall. Fell in with a new guild early this Spring, and my world opened up. I went from soloing and learning next to nothing about what had changed to understanding how the game has evolved. Guild used to be a four letter word for me, now they're my online family. With last year's TLPs hitting relaxed truebox, like many of my guildies, I'm opening my horizons and playing another toon. Like it so far, and negotiating the learming curve decently.

Welcome back. I played since release and while I had a lot of fun times back then, I never wanted to "revisit" the old grinds/content that I spent months on. To each their own, but TLP's never appealed to me. That always seemed like burnout to me. Whereas being able to box multiple toons, full groups, mini raids, is the most fun in this game IMHO. Things only Live/Test, non TLP can offer.

If you have questions, need to be pointed in the right direction, just ask. Most of us are helpful. Even myself at times.

Pretty much same boat here, played long ago, intense raiding 5 or more days a week,lots of stress and depression over the game, left for rl.

Came back and it was pretty much perfect, there were mercs to help you out so no need for pu groups and "those" players who always joined the group. Then I discovered boxing. Started with one more, then 2, then 3 and down into the rabbit hole from there.

I did try the TLP right after I returned because I felt it would be more of an "experience" like I remembered from days of yor. It was and all it did was make me remember all the things I had burned out on originally. Ran back to live servers with selo on.

Just another reason this game is so widely popular - you can usually recover you old accounts when you return, you can play on test and don't have to pay, or play free on live servers, or pay on live if you want, or pay and play on TLP to stay old style.

Played EQ a while and then moved on to WoW. Started a guild just for our family and some friends and somehow, it morphed into one that raided. It was stressful since I'm a bit of a pushover. We ended up leaving WoW when my wife was close to having our 3rd child. Decided we wanted to focus on family before games and just didn't have the time for it. I totally get the stress there. It is not something I would ever want to do again.

Welcome back! Same here, a 20-year-ish beak before I rediscovered my enjoyment for the game on a random afternoon when I made a new Necro. I reached out to DPG and was able to resurrect (if you will) my then-level 50 wizard and began the solo grind. I slowly added 2 more toons to compensate and was playing all 3 manually when I discovered this site and this community. What a tremendous find as the game has never been the same since. I added 3 more and then 4 more and now have 10 total and have a blast with my guild as well. The support and comradery you will find here is unmatched. Dive in and enjoy and don't hesitate to ask questions!

Welcome back!
Welcome Home Yo GIF by Bombay Softwares

IRL - Returning player after 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back