• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Returnee! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
220¢
Hey all!

I'm returning to EQ after a bit of a hiatus.

Currently running an SK, Shaman and Bard just using alt tab. It can be a bit of a job sometimes so my guildies encouraged me to join :)

I'm completely brand new to this so please forgive me in advance if I ask any dumb questions. Do you guys usually stay on your tanks when using or is it easy enough to play a melee?

Looking forward to being part of the community!

Welcome Back!!!

Normally I only pilot my tank and control my dps / healers through commands. Make use of the new users guide, imperative!!

I'll gift you a free month so you can explore!!

Matthew Mcconaughey Chest Thump GIF by Paramount Movies

just gifted you a month as well ! welcome and hope you enjoy all the amazing information this community shares! i like to remind new folks that although MQ ia simply awesome it is against dpg policy to run it so be aware of that. and remember to be mindful/aware of others around you as some players also sometimes turn up there noses and can ruin your fun!

cheers!

Hey all!

Currently running an SK, Shaman and Bard just using alt tab. It can be a bit of a job sometimes so my guildies encouraged me to join :)

I'm completely brand new to this so please forgive me in advance if I ask any dumb questions. Do you guys usually stay on your tanks when using or is it easy enough to play a melee?

Welcome back!

Many folks will recommend driving with your tank, since your irl role is "team manager"

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Hey all!

Welcome! You'll never look at boxing the same again. I was resistant for years and now I cannot imagine playing without the wonderful tools the devs here have come up with!

Welcome back, as previously stated, by those much more knowledgeable, use your tank as your driver, it makes it much easier keeping an eye on everything else :)

Honestly, very soon you'll be filling out your group to give yourself even more versatility, and wondering why you waited so long.

Definitely drive off of the tank when you're moving around, like with progression quests.

If you're sitting at one camp mindlessly grinding XP, you can play whatever character you feel like. Sitting in TOV/COV bored out of your gourd? Swap over to your cleric and nuke the undead to heal your tank! Mods like ButtonMaster make it a breeze to swap windows and have all your group commands at your fingertips.

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Hey all!

Welcome back!
I always drive with Tank, almost never tab over to any other of the group. All managed with buttons.

Welcome to RG. Pull u pa chair and get familiar with all the amazing tools and people you will find here. You'll be adding 3 more to your crew before you know it :f5:

IRL - Returnee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back