• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Report not-suspended, not-banned here (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,771¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Please post here only if you were NOT suspended or banned. (If you were suspended/banned, post here.)

We're trying to narrow down the causes, so please tell us, you lucky duck. What did you do and/or not do?

As of 7:35 a.m. pst 12/10/11, none of my six accounts are banned.

Server: Prexus

No Piggyzoning since the MOTD Warnings. I have also stopped using /succor...if I'm in trouble and Exodus isn't up, my entire group more or less just dies...

Kissassist (never afk tho), afcleric, afnuke, autoenc, wait4rez

Use mq2melee heavily with mq2moveutils, mq2exchange, mq2cast

moderate warping short distances within zone.

As of this morning I am still good to go.

I have tried to aviod piggyzone and most warping since this started. I have used /succor, /fade, and even /warp for short distances to get through locked door.

The last expansion I have is Seeds of Destruction so I am usually playing content years behind everyone else. I very rarely adventure in zones that have other people in them.

Three Accounts Rathe Server switched to vanilla when the MOTD threatened last warning hadnt been using active acts since VOA launched with the exception of /sumcorpse (im a necro) warping once in a zone and gank. Switched to Vanilla when Maskoi loaded it stopped using it all together today. I've only been in the new zones working on alaran

6 accounts all good so far. Only been using kissassist and modbot
For a couple months I haven't done much warping or piggyzone rarely gate any more
Been killing in ss always at computer. Let's hope!

my accounts (3) are still ok but i mostly stopped playing from the 1st warning.

But i did have one account in just before the mass banning and was using instantmem
that account is still good as of this writing.

I learned from the last vacation and took the warnings at face value. 2 accounts still active.

Kissassist no jumps no visible hax, some light macro usage. I did notice that the last build; Ban'ei Compile 11.25.2011b had Pax loaded with 0.4 float. I manually unloaded this plugin so if it wasn't unloaded that might have flagged some. Hope that helps.

Kissassist no jumps no visible hax, some light macro usage. I did notice that the last build; Ban'ei Compile 11.25.2011b had Pax loaded with 0.4 float. I manually unloaded this plugin so if it wasn't unloaded that might have flagged some. Hope that helps.

That's very enlightening, thank you. And thank you to everyone who is reporting their findings, regardless of what happened.

I only use Maps and will sometimes target mobs far away but that's about it. I do not boot up MQ until my toons are loaded. I'm not a techy, but I'm curious if they are catching people in the loading process.

Another chime in a lot of people were blaming the fletching macro .... i used it while it was working, on one of my three accounts and he didnt get hit. i also piggyzoned and warped and mq2pax all day long pre MOTD so i still dont see a rhyme or reason to the madness

Another chime in a lot of people were blaming the fletching macro .... i used it while it was working, on one of my three accounts and he didnt get hit. i also piggyzoned and warped and mq2pax all day long pre MOTD so i still dont see a rhyme or reason to the madness

Its definitly not the fletching macro (I never used it), if I had to guess what they are catching everyone on. Its zoning. Whether its gating/fading or chain zoning.

I have 4 accounts and as of right now, they are all safe. I used the /warp /gate while in instances the first weekend they sent warnings, and once or twice after when lag caused me to falloff a cliff, they were short warps, and haven't used any of them in the last week now.

In the weeks before this, I used /warp a lot in instances, sometimes in open zones(I try and make sure no one else is in zone, or I wont use it) /gate when needed(Three of my toons can gate) sumcorpse sometimes, fade/succor when needed (I have an evac class) and I used the fletching mac.

I have never used Ghost, Piggyzone.

I'm using the maps now, Healer.mac and sometimes kissassist.
I have the following loaded still, GMCheck, Melee, Cast, MoveUtils, Warp, Pax, Eqbc, Addicts, piggyzone, exchange, rez, and I am still using the full compile.

Edit -- I also used the Combine.mac from time to time before the warning.

Last edited:
Multiple accounts (>5), running 24 hours a day afk for over a year with Ban'ei running. One inadvertent gate, no succor, no warp, no piggyzone, no speed, only a self modified pull mac based on SK Hunter, a simple healer mac, and ninja loot. No bans or suspensions. Not in a popular zone.

Still no ban/suspension here. I have been running the vanilla compile on 4 boxes all along but no active hacks/warping. Only issue I still have is repeated crashing to desktop when I use mq2melee.

It seems to be random. Sometimes during combat, sometimes while accepting a rez and I have no holy/down's created. The only constant I can rely on is that when I unload mq2melee, the crashes stop happening.

Report not-suspended, not-banned here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back