• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Recent Bannings: Post here. (1 Viewer)

RSS. icekeeper i believe, when some asshat warped to the mob with his entire group and killed the mob i was ghosting and then told me that he was going to report me. bam, 3 days later get a susp, 5 days later banned. i reported him for warping (after i was banned) and yet he is still up running around, 6 boxing. Only one of my three accounts used when he reported was banned.

edit: the friend that got a suspension for task macro only got a 10-day susp. i had looked at his mq2gmcheck.ini to see if anyone had been tailing him (he didn't know he could look there), and there was a gm in dreadlands, loio, and firiona all within half an hour of when he was suspended.

Last edited:
Buddy got this Sat Dec 9, 2006:

Greetings,

I regret to inform you that your account has been suspended. This action was taken because your account was found to be involved in the use of a client hack type program that was used to give your game character abilities he would not normally have.

EULA section 9: (http://support.station.sony.com/)

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play.

Your account will remain inactive for 7 to 10 days. Unfortunately due to the severity of this infraction of our rules your account will be reviewed for banishment. If / When your account has been released any further violations of the rules will bring harsh action upon your account.

If you have questions about this action please visit http://support.station.sony.com/ and click on the “In Game Support” link. From there you will be able to log in and submit a petition.

Melanie Lara
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melanie Lara
GM-Lydrea ~~ EverQuest!

[email protected]

Try our online Knowledge Base! http://support.station.sony.com/

When replying to this message please include all previous correspondence.

the 'abilities' could be anything, but his best guess is either warping in advtaskwarp or exactspeed (although no one was in zone when it occoured)

hmm, my friend was just 'upgraded' to ban status for taskmac, they sent a second email (don't have on hand, had closed IM window he had sent it in) that said that basically said, "due to the severity of the offense we have decided to, in addition to your 7-10 day suspension, review you for bannishment" this was sent AFTER he tried logging in and got "This account is currently banned."

Old news, but thought Id share this story.

Rigamortis, a guild on Stromm server had 80% of its members suspended after a GM Buglex "discovered" the guild leader and several members "warping" to an NPC in KT. Rigamortis was well known for being a bunch of hackers, but, I guess this GM was so hell-bent on being the hero and removing us, he didnt fucking notice the mage there, doing the cothing. After a huge stink in general chat and reveiwing the accounts, they banned the MQers and released the innocents. The GM made an appearance in general a week after the incident, announcing his retirement and admitting he'd jumped the fucking gun that night.

The guild leader supposedly had well over 1500 petitions against him and relating to the guild, and that his ban was and would forever be, non-negotiable for the "ruckus he had caused" on the server. Three weeks ago, he sends me a IM and tells me they released his account after he talked to some folks at a fanfaire, and indeed he was released and now plays once again.

Funny shit, no ?

3 accounts banned /suspended. never used afk macros did use warp and piggy zone.

Greetings,

I regret to inform you that your account has been suspended. This action was taken because your account was found to be involved in the use of a client hack type program that was used to give your game character abilities he would not normally have.

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play.

Your account will remain inactive for 7 to 10 days. Unfortunately due to the severity of this infraction of our rules your account will be reviewed for banishment. If / When your account has been released any further violations of the rules will bring harsh action upon your account.

If you have questions about this action please visit http://support.station.sony.com/ and click on the “In Game Support” link. From there you will be able to log in and submit a petition.

Melanie Lara
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melanie Lara
GM-Lydrea ~~ EverQuest!

Last edited:
trxdraxon said:
Buddy got this Sat Dec 9, 2006:

Greetings,

Melanie Lara
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Melanie Lara
GM-Lydrea ~~ EverQuest!

[email protected]

Try our online Knowledge Base! http://support.station.sony.com/

When replying to this message please include all previous correspondence.

the 'abilities' could be anything, but his best guess is either warping in advtaskwarp or exactspeed (although no one was in zone when it occoured)

Got the same message on FV same day was runnig Bard ... NOT afk but running bardswap and exactspeed .. hind sight was there was a corpse near where I was running ( no one else in zone ... so am sure now it had to be her/them ... anyway have fun and mix it up is all I can say.... speed kills

Lydrea must be in her fucking period wow..

I was in pok one day and saw Lydrea I was in the middle of talking to someone in game about cheating and I was like, "O shit a GM.. shhh" and my dumb ass sent it to the wrong person. So the person I sent it to said, "so..?" so it was really weird and I wasn't sure if I'd get /petition'd

Then when I came on RedGuides and saw all these bannings from Lydrea it scares the shit out of me how close I came. All I can say is if Lydrea is in the same zone as you, /quit right away. From now on all my macros are going to have a /who lydrea all not just in the zone and if she's in /endmacro, /quit.

she got my warrior yesterday around 7:30 estpm

LSMM. she only banned group leader, never even booted him out of the game. I can still play him till either my connect drops or servers restart.

my war was still running macro, only found out I was banned when I read my new email.

She also banned friend's war/monk/ranger (in same guild as me) none of his accounts were even online but email he got was exact same time as mine.

> Greetings,
>
>
>
> I regret to inform you that your account has been suspended. This
> action was taken because your account was found to be involved in the
> use of a client hack type program that was used to give your game
> character abilities he would not normally have.
>
>
>
> EULA section 9: (http://support.station.sony.com/
> <http://support.station.sony.com/> )
>
> 9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to
> change Game play.
>
>
>
> Your account will remain inactive for 7 to 10 days. Unfortunately due
> to the severity of this infraction of our rules your account will be
> reviewed for banishment. If / When your account has been released any
> further violations of the rules will bring harsh action upon your
> account.
>
>
>
> If you have questions about this action please visit
> http://support.station.sony.com/ and click on the "In Game Support"
> link. From there you will be able to log in and submit a petition.
>
>
>
> Melanie Lara
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Melanie Lara
> GM-Lydrea ~~ EverQuest!

about week ago 14 or so account suspended/banned on xegony those account were mine and my friends and 2 were just random friends that stoped playing.....ghosting had to of been the problem....but w/e mess with fire long enough your gonna get burned and for some reason it blew bye quite well out of the 14 we have 4 that are still usable (for some reason those 4 were only suspended) and i went from playing about 8 hours a day to like 2 hours a week =/

As some of you saw in another post, she got my wizard on Rathe Saturday... First offense ever, apparently it was for the advtaskwarp deal. So I sit tight for 10 days and wait.
Rampage mobs ain't got nothin' on her...

Last edited:
She also does customer relations such as setting up special evens or at least a few of them that I am aware of.

lydrea the gm they hired just to deal with MQers it seems? She went on a rampage across all servers to ring in the holiday season correctly.

Lydrea has been around for quite awhile, actually. I first met her on Stormhammer over a year ago, she seemed quite friendly but got real jumpy if you mentioned that you were a guide, and was looking for other guides to play with. Yeah I know it's a violation of the PnP to mention your guide status but I figured wtf she's a GM, all she has to do is LOOK and see who are marked as "exempt" accounts for being a guide. No, I was not the one who mentioned I was a guide and was looking for others to play with LOL just saw the log files from a (now former fellow) guide.

I suspect, based on a 2nd email I got from her, that her supervisor isn't going to be happy about receiving all the protests about her, she admitted to me that she's forwarding all appeals to her supervisor as he has "the last say." I say with much optimism that most of the accounts will probably be released. MUCH optimism LOL

Someone else mentioned GM Buglex. Bluntly said, he's a dickhead. I didn't like him when I was a Guide, none of us did. We'd be setting up for events, and he'd go around changing our appearance (therefore jacking with our hotkeyed /becomes) or just killing us for the heck of it, then we'd have to go ask for the character to be rebuilt in time for the quest. Most of us on the server I guided on avoided him like the plague. Glad to see he retired and got the hell out of a game he didn't belong in anyways.
/rant over

I really hate sony rofl i dont know how they pick which accounts to ban. . .anyways before I took a break from eq i had an account that got banned. . .since it was an old friends and he didnt care i never bothered to find out why because I thought i was done playing this game myself lol anyways I called this morning and I was told that it was banned for trading no drop items. . .I couldnt believe it I really dont ever remember trading items on that account because there was only one toon I ever played on that account. . . I did so much trading of no drop items on other accounts i held and still have them unbanned mind u lol. . I guess all I am saying is how does sony pick and choose who they are gonna ban

I just dont get it lol not saying that I am upset at all about this since i still hold accounts but its just astonishing ;-)

Omiime said:
rumours on another website that lydrea is moving to vanguard

Speaking of that dirty bitch.

You know what she does for sony?

Lead Cartographer........ Thats rediculous considering EQ maps blow, and are so incredably simple to make that there are 7th and 8th graders out there capable of making these maps. If that wasnt enough, her and a coworker are the 2 lead cartographers, with a team of 4 people working underneath her. You think wed have a little better maps considering how anal this lydrea is.

my guess.

Shes blowing sombody.

Well that explains it. She spends more time on her witch hunts than making decent maps.
I got my account unbanned 2 days ago by her supervisor, so I'm happy, but way more cautious and a bit more paranoid now.

Heard about two of my friends getting banned for Abyss' GK plugin... 10 accounts for my one friend, 6 for my other... I had mine suspended two weeks ago, but it was for a different non-hack related reason. (Training) I don't use Abyss' plugin, and I feel relatively safe.

4 banned account for monknodelay in CoA, the GM entered into my instance...

monday 5 febuary 2007

Did you get petitioned?

Did you use guildies to get you the instance?

or did you have toons you controlled to get the instance?

got a suspension, was petitioned by another gk monk that I caught on quellious, thanks man, yours is on the way

Last edited:
I had a Gm that entered my instanced also about 2 weeks ago banned my new monk out right but the funny part is that my bard was running in circles killing the mobs and the gm never said a word about her or to her lol he somehow thought that my monk was doing everything??? anyways as always becareful

Oh yea also forgot to mention that this gm was controlling my mobs he would despawn them so my bard was runnning around killing nothing this was my first indication that something was wrong but i just ended expidition and got another one where once again the same thing happened after killing three mobs it was then that I got my monk ran over to the fence and saw a mob that was never there before and as soon as I relized this it walked away I am guessing that was the gm cause not 20 seconds later i got the Hi from GM such an such lol

Hey Xzero,

I am a close friend of [Other Monk] in RL, i just phoned him to confirm him about petitioning you or anyone.

He said he hasnt petitioned anyone for anything.

Sorry but must be someone else who saw you.

Edit: Removed due to apparent misunderstanding.

Last edited:
removing your name, and.. i was not the monk in fear.. that person was asking for it.. guess i may have got the wrong guy, i was watching you in Rage

Did you get petitioned?

Did you use guildies to get you the instance?

or did you have toons you controlled to get the instance?

no i was very carefull on all of this, trying to hide from coa entrance etc etc... dunno how the hell the GM found out my instance.

for kazball, mobs in PoFear are bugged, many time i tryed to loot some epic piece out of killers's group (SK / bard etc) and corpse was always locked, its a freaking SoE bug unsolved since human started to walk on their feets....

I spent about 2 weeks on Quellious with my monk, and I accidentally forgot that the macro was on and targeted a mob across the zone and began attacking. Two days later my name was on the boards and I transferred. Point being, Quellious is not the server to Ghost anything outside an instance on. Where I am at now, seems alot safer.

I have been in Rage before, but the only other people I've seen there are friends of mine.

Seems to be a case of mistaken identity. I have only ever reported one person, period, and that was to their guild officer, as mentioned in my previous post/novel.

My sympathies in regards to the suspension, but I'm sorry to say that it was not me that put SOE onto your scent. I am not so eager to gain SOE's attention, a petition would not be constructive to my cause.

the other day when admin gm ohilin logged on an started asking ppl about what he could do to improve the status of eq....he was zone hoping an picking off ppl warping an ghosting. 12 ppl banned in one day on zek, i'm assuming he had made stops on the other servers?

Bans suck, no doubt. However, if you call SOE directly and piss, bitch, and moan, to upper executive level management, you can get your account back. While some of you will argue and say you cannot, trust me... I've been banned twice and both times had my account reinstated. It took 3-4 calls to achieve this but here's the tip... Don't call SOE 800 numbers - call other numbers listed. Work your way UP the food chain. Don't whine to the receptionist - she typically cannot do shit for you. If you can make it to an automated PBX/VMB, begin working up and down the directory collecting names, extensions, anything/everything. Don't threaten the people - beg the shit out of them :) You WILL get your junk back. Call constantly, unceasingly, and be as sickening polite as you can.

I only offer this because some of us have been playing 6+ years and it sucks majorly to lose a toon. If the game wasn't in decline, XP was decent, drops weren't nerfed, then perhaps, there would be no reason to MQ.. Yeah well, bullshit :)

Point is... Don't lay down. GMs ban you but, SALES is what drives a corporation. The two departments are completely separate at SOE!

Word on the street is that guy is doing a lot of bannings in the next couple of days. Good thing I can't play for a few days anyway.

Recent Bannings: Post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back