• You've discovered RedGuides, an EverQuest multi-boxing and scripting community 🧙‍♀️⚙️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋

Question - Range augmentation question (2 Viewers)

Joined
Sep 7, 2026
RedCents
227¢
Good morning!

In this advanced age of 2026, what is the consensus on Type 7/8 augs in the range slot? Currently I have a class dependent mix of Velium Empowered Striking/Soothing augs, but stat-wise there is better out there. In current game, are the procs worth it?
 
So the reason for using Velium Empowered Gem of Freezing/Soothing is for the sympathetic proc from a type 7/8. The reason for this is being they are the only higher level sympathetic proc lines for range available. They are useful because they proc on casts. So if you are running a melee/bard I would swap them out for max stat items.
 
Oh. Right. The boon also falls under that line of thought. Should add the 500 damage to your other procs and is 7/8 aug for range. Same concept. They just never added another type 7/8 aug line that gives added dps/procs like that line of augs.
 
Best thing to do is to parse it out.

Everyone is a little different, and it heavily depends on if switching to a stat Aug will push you to the next tier of crit chance. Generally speaking though, the damage from the proc will do more damage than a little extra hdex... Especially if it is a sympathetic proc, as those trigger quite frequently.
For the belt aspect, the way I look at it is "are you proccing 10x more than you are casting spells that cost mana". If yes, +500 proc belt, if no, 5000 damage per cast belt. Best case scenario is to have both belts, proc belt for 100% proc disc/AA, caster belt for every other situation (since you should be following your ABCs - Always Be Casting)
 
I leaned heavily on anything that proc'd additional damage, but that was my play style. If you aren't raid geared and are not knocking on the door of diminishing returns for HDex there is a real argument for using a higher stat 7/8 aug for range. And I totally get looking for additional support/advise on this route. I was just trying to provide the reasoning why those specific augs were still in play when there are better stat augs out there.

I still remember back when I was researching and found that those sympathetic augs existed and wondered why they never created a new version. To me that means they were overpowered to begin with. Another example of some OP augs were how they have/had gone away from Vampiric Embrace type 4 augs. I still think SK's were getting much higher heals/dps from Vamp augs than the newer healing recourse augs due to AA's. But in this situation they did actually add in some new Vamp proc augs from a recent anniversary. But I digress.
 
I have BIS augs throughout, and if I swapped out my range aug I would gain +19 Hdex (specifically on my SK, but similar gains on the whole team). So I believe you are correct, the proc would benefit more.
 
Question - Range augmentation question

Users who are viewing this thread

  • D
Back
Top
Cart