• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Movie - R.I.P. Max Von Sydow, absolute legend of cinema (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,218¢
Sad day, Max Von Sydow has died at the age of 90.

He's one of my favourite actors of all time, I met him a number of years ago and spent a good half hour with him, propping up a bar in London and talking about the film industry.

Favourite film has to be the 1957 Swedish film The Seventh Seal (with subtitles!!!!) followed up by him playing Ming the Merciless in 1980's Flash Gordon!

Flash_gordon_movie_poster.jpg

Will be missed.

Salute!

A family tradition at my house is to watch Flash Gordon on Thanksgiving (before the football games, of course). The ladies do not appreciate this tradition but us guys have a good laugh watching it every time. He was a great actor.

I saw a lot of people talking about it online because he became well known again recently doing a voice in Skyrim. But to me he will always be Ming the Merciless. He terrified me as a kid :P I remember him in the Exorcist and Conan too.

He was a German officer in Victory with Stallon and a few other actors I can not remember at the moment. That is one of the many great movies he was in.

Not sure if he did the voice for the ability itself but he was one of the characters in the mountain fortress that teaches you the various shouts. He was the main guy. Badass voice. Sad to see him go. :(

Movie - R.I.P. Max Von Sydow, absolute legend of cinema

Users who are viewing this thread

Back