• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Serious - Play time per week? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,735¢
I have always found it fascinating how much time I play the game vs other players. How many hours do some of you play every week on average? Does anyone still play in a guild, and do guild things like organized raiding? All of my old friends from years ago have stopped playing and my guilds have vanished.

I think my wife and I log about 30-35 hours per week on average. 20 years ago, I averaged about double that. 😁

14 hours a week logged into the game thinking I am actually organizing all my stuff but a the same time I am semi afk while in real life trying to organize all my stuff.

10 hours a week baz shopping to add more to the junk mentioned above.

5 hours a week catching up on loyalty points and AA's distribution.

25 hours a week doing quests.

0 raiding. Big burn out on that from years ago when we did 5/7 nights a week mandatory attendance, mandatory armor/weapons/spells/levels etc. . Just thinking of it make me taste ick

100% time with my guild because I am my guild.

Guess I'm a light weight in this category as I only get 10 to 20 hours a week on average for play time except for the bazaar toon that sells the spoils from my missions.

Still active in a guild, but the summer slump has dropped us down to raids once, maybe twice a week, down from 4 times.

I am not sure, I will map it out this week, but I am probably close to 60 hours a week randomly doing stuff. Grinding, TS, quests, etc.

In my "prime" 2003 to 2013 I would run 10 hours a day during the week and 16 hours on the weekends. It has slowly tapered down since then. It was a Huge part of my life. Lately though its less than 5 hours a week. I badly want it to be what it was I don't think it ever will be though.

10-30 hours per week since coming back in June 2022. Lately, it has been closer to the 10-15 hour range because of family needs/commitment.

At one time I was close to 60 hours a week ( 8 hours a day)

- Atm 1-10 hours per week

For the main Obvious reason ( not going to say because SIC will throw my post into the flippys )

But yeah, overall its getting boring and just cant stand sitting around in chair long periods of time as I use too. Can't be bothered to start all over in True Box server, cant stand raids, cant stand waiting around Looking for a group)

So yeah its going downhill from here, how far we go down , Only time will tell

I cringe at the thought of how many hours I have played EQ. Back in the day I would spend literally 100 plus hours a week playing. Pretty sure I have over 50,000 hours into the game (yah that's like over 5 years of a lifetime). I was more addicted back then, would take my laptop on vacations just to play EQ, over the years I have learned to control my addictions and I can live with or without it. Now I play about 20-30 hours a week in the winter and much less in the summer. Mostly to relax in the evening for a few hour thing.

I would guesstimate somewhere around 40+... since retiring, I have more free time to enjoy it... *shrug*... and I have so much content that I missed over the years to still get done... so it's been nice, even if I am blowing through it, to finally say HEY! I got that item or this item or that achievement, etc. even if it's not current content LOL

I would even go as far to say, that even while blowing through the old content, that it seems like there is an unlimited amount of things to do... which is why I'm still playing this game! :)

8-10 hours per week. Mostly just for raids. When a new expansion launches (I'm on Ragefire) it's enough to get all the things done and then back down to 8-10 hours.

Well.. I farm 24/7.

But me and my wife does cirka 8h game play week.

Aiming at Champion of CoV right now.

Later on we're gonna try find Blood-soaked weapons for our characters, but paying 40usd for that seems painful.. (3-4Kronos)

Cheaper to buy and farm by our own.

Raid is a no go.. way to hard, we struggle on the regular missions as it is.

We do like this, buys the latest, then we are strong enough for the 2nd newest expac.

Zero time on daybreak servers; only visiting RG.

Used to play 40 - 50 hours/week. Looking back, I should have liquidated my accounts back in January and at least get some money out if it. Oh well.

When i played back in 2000-2004, i remember having 750+ days on cleric main alone. And i know i had aton of random level alts.. boy it was easy back then to play alot, since i always seemed to get sick (no school today /sad)
This is the first time im trying these TLP servers and ive spend 2 months+ relearning the basic, and then a friend of mine reminded me of this wonderful place. so im expecting to be playing 10-12hours 6-7 days aweek again.
As there is so much content i need to chew ! :D one newbie step at a time!

Serious - Play time per week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back