• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - PL 60-80 What do you do? (1 Viewer)

TheEld3r

RedCents
369¢
What methods do you use? Any good PB ae PL places and 110 SK and Druid could do for the lower levels?

thank you rangerdanger for making the post. i am just solo leveling a berzerker, trying to get him to 80ish for a repeatable quest farm, i kind of answered my own question, for 59-65(at 65 some of the mobs start to turn grey and less light blue, more green.) temple of nadox seems to be working well, enter through the gulf on gunthak and set your farm radius to 300(any higher and you will go beyond the two main farm rooms, the enterance and up the hall to the left where the cenobites are) but there you can smash some high 40's and get decent exp without dying, so far my zerker is 65(started at 60) and has not died yet, he has been running the same two rooms for four days. the other one im working with, which i just found about the time you made this post, is on the plane of valor, if you go to the far east there is a spot on the coast where three planarian worms spawn along with some frogs, all level 58-61, i have a 72 zerker working that spot and it seems to be going well, a little slow, but faster than resetting every five minutes, just stay on the coast and keep the farm radius under 250, if you get too far inland you will get swarmed by 3-5 level 60 skeletons, and they arent very hard, but they will always try to target your merc, so unless you are playing a very aggro heavy toon, i would not recommend them. even my berserker cant seem to keep the aggro off the merc without me babysitting him. for you, running 110 SK' and druids, the skeletons dont really seem like they would give too much hassle and would probably be much faster than the worms on the coast.

Last edited:
Many people forget LDON's. All you need is yourself, a merc and one other person who can be afk and not even in the zone. LDON's have good exp and will count towards the hunter /ach you might be doing. And you can pick easy, hard or normal and mob, count or collection. Another good spot are the caves in Dranick's Scar. Easy to get to and easy to set up camps as mobs respawn and named are fairly easy.

Using SK/Druid for damage shield AE killing slows down a lot after 60. You can still do it and I'd suggest looking up a Pally leveling guide as those will focus on undead camps, so the mobs don't run on low health.

A faster method is to buy/build a Heroic 85 Pally and group them with your 57-80 toons (credit to Raz.) Set the Pal to 100% AA exp so it doesn't level, then pick a zone with lvl 60-75 mobs to let the Pally solo.

Last edited:
as for techniques, this may be somewhat irrelevant, but i have found it effective, to group a wizard with my berzerker, have the wizard run farm.mac, but dont set a radius or a zradius, and then on the zerker, i just run pocketfarm. the wizard will usually autoreact to any mobs that enter combat with the zerker, and while it wont explicity follow the berserker, anytime the zerker enters combat, the wiz usually willl autonav to the enemy mob. you can use the Follow Me option on the zerker, but if you do, try to keep your cast times under 3.5 seconds on wizard, or you will get interrupted more than you will cast.

also, for farming 70-80, in sunderock, near the north end, there are some steam drakes (i think, cant remember the explicit name) around level 69-72, they deal mostly magic cold damage, such as ice spear of solist. if you have a some cold resist or magic resist buffs or gear, it makes for an easy farm. finally got one of my zerkers going well up there, just loaded him with resistances until the ice spear dealt poo for damage. if they run out of mana they melee (against a 72 zerker wearing full elegant/elaborate) around 800dmg. considerably more damage than the resisted cold spells, but if you kill them before they run out of mana, it is not a problem.

I use the Raz method with a lvl 85 heroic pally. I decked him out with best in slot gear and did an old VoA raid to get him raid visibles. He’s a pretty good PL’er ;)

I use the Raz method with a lvl 85 heroic pally. I decked him out with best in slot gear and did an old VoA raid to get him raid visibles. He’s a pretty good PL’er ;)

Thanks very much for that btw, I looked into it and just took it a step further took pally to 92 for RoF gear decked him out throwing him in undead area and burning 62-80 in no time.

Thanks very much for that btw, I looked into it and just took it a step further took pally to 92 for RoF gear decked him out throwing him in undead area and burning 62-80 in no time.

I considered that, too, but preferred being able to group the pally with the PL’ees earlier in the process. The high 50s and low 60s slow way down with mass DS PL’ing, and the places to do it are kinda boring, so I like being able to get the newbies to 57 or so and then just grouping with the pally to be done with it.

I considered that, too, but preferred being able to group the pally with the PL’ees earlier in the process. The high 50s and low 60s slow way down with mass DS PL’ing, and the places to do it are kinda boring, so I like being able to get the newbies to 57 or so and then just grouping with the pally to be done with it.

Turn in from Ice peak to 12 then undead in CR till 17ish then hatchery till 46.
After that to 62 its simple 2 pulls in PoI till 55 then 3 pulls in Ruin of L till 62 if i use the free xp potion from claim the legacy of lost i think I can do all of it 1-62 in about 4-6hours depending on me getting up and taking a break.

Question - PL 60-80 What do you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back