• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What expansion packs do you usually purchase? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
85¢
With new expansions coming each year and most running 6+ accounts the price to upgrade expansions can get pricey. I have to purchase the expansion for my 6 accounts and haven't yet made the decision on what packs to get. Leaning toward going with one premium and the other 5 as standard editions.

Curious on what you all end up doing and with how many accounts.. More of a curiosity than anything.

With new expansions coming each year and most running 6+ accounts the price to upgrade expansions can get pricey. I have to purchase the expansion for my 6 accounts and haven't yet made the decision on what packs to get. Leaning toward going with one premium and the other 5 as standard editions.

Curious on what you all end up doing and with how many accounts.. More of a curiosity than anything.
usually coordinate for a friend so the guild hall has a fancy clicky, and then the cheapest one for everyone

In the past I've done 1 premium for my main, and standard for everyone else. Although honestly at this point I don't know why I bother with the premium since I rarely use illusion items and bags and exp potions don't really matter these days unless your claiming them on a TLP.

In the past I've done 1 premium for my main, and standard for everyone else. Although honestly at this point I don't know why I bother with the premium since I rarely use illusion items and bags and exp potions don't really matter these days unless your claiming them on a TLP.
Yeh was going to do premium simply for the guild port, however, im assuming there will be the options to use the portal guy anyways for a cost. So really guess thats not worth much either.

I only use dark elf illusion on my tank cause i went Drakkin and got do I regret that as I cant stand the look. Simple solution rather then paying for a race change.

Yeh was going to do premium simply for the guild port, however, im assuming there will be the options to use the portal guy anyways for a cost. So really guess thats not worth much either.

I only use dark elf illusion on my tank cause i went Drakkin and got do I regret that as I cant stand the look. Simple solution rather then paying for a race change.
Portal usually goes some place different than where the portal guy sends you. Ie shadowhaven versus shar Val.

if you really have to go into the new expansion on launch , then buy 6 cheapest @ $32 (with mem discount) then wait a year and then upgrade the 1 account to the premium for a 25% discount ..

I have like 9 accounts that I actually play on a regular basis and 7 that I kinda play but keep F2P no matter what .. however so i'll buy 1 -3 basic expansions so that way my main and 1 or 2 other toons can get the primo gear and (in the case of LS new lvl 125) spells ... then i'll just kick it in NoS this next year then when they put LS on sale i'll buy 3 -5 more basic expansions and 1 premium upgrade (for my main account) . saves me a ton of money .. usually someone in guild will buy the premium on launch for guild clicky and with the help of my guild can lvl my main account and gear him up with T3 gear from LS then my main can group with my box crew with BiS stuff (group) in NoS .. I usually do not like going into the new expansion on launch .. too many bugs and overcrowdedness :P

anyways thats how i do it .. when your on a budget it works

The guildleader of my main-chars-guild was lucky and got the lifetime sub when it was available. At these times I had a break from eq and missed it. The guildleader always takes the premium and places the guildporter also in my twinks guild. So I get away with the standard-edition and have the guildporter nevertheless.

The guildleader of my main-chars-guild was lucky and got the lifetime sub when it was available. At these times I had a break from eq and missed it. The guildleader always takes the premium and places the guildporter also in my twinks guild. So I get away with the standard-edition and have the guildporter nevertheless.

I know I'm paranoid but whenever they have offered the lifetime subs I was worried they are desperate for cash and are about not be able to afford payroll. The last time they did it though was before the buyout when their financials went public and showed that EQ is actually very profitable. So definite regret on that one. Womp womp.

other 30 wow !!!:eek:

My wife would have my head. Seems to always be double standards with spending in my household though...
I used to catch flack for gaming expenses..and before I threw her out of my house/life, I started collecting guns (which is way more expensive that EQ will ever be). After a couple $1100 hand guns, a special permit and then an M-60, and some nice long guns..she was pretty happy when I "only spent" a few hundred dollars on eq to update expansions and stay home.

Just show her there's a lot of ways that you could spend a lot more of YOUR money..maybe she'll relent.

I used to catch flack for gaming expenses..and before I threw her out of my house/life, I started collecting guns (which is way more expensive that EQ will ever be). After a couple $1100 hand guns, a special permit and then an M-60, and some nice long guns..she was pretty happy when I "only spent" a few hundred dollars on eq to update expansions and stay home.

Just show her there's a lot of ways that you could spend a lot more of YOUR money..maybe she'll relent.
It's "our" money. When you're married, it's not just yours anymore. ijs.

I only order all standard expansions for my auxiliary accounts. I might get a higher tier one for my main if there is a perk I just have to have.

My wife usually beats me to the punch for expansion time. Asking me before I even bring it up. :dance:

It's "our" money. When you're married, it's not just yours anymore. ijs.

Glad my wife let's me do with "our" money what I please. And due to that fact I always, 1) I tell her what I am going to do before I do it (not for debate purposes, just for general awareness of what's happening). 2) I make sure the bills are always paid, and 3) If she or the kids want/need something, I make sure there is budget for it.

Works well for us. I guess mainly because I always put family first before myself to begin with. 🙏

Glad my wife let's me do with "our" money what I please. And due to that fact I always, 1) I tell her what I am going to do before I do it (not for debate purposes, just for general awareness of what's happening). 2) I make sure the bills are always paid, and 3) If she or the kids want/need something, I make sure there is budget for it.

Works well for us. I guess mainly because I always put family first before myself to begin with. 🙏
Generally speaking that's all I want from my wife when she spends out of the account I'm responsible for, as she has her own account/income where she spends without telling me about it.
I don't normally communicate spending from the account with my name on it unless it's considered expensive.

The purchase of expansions are considered expensive, but it's only brought up in passing "I'm buying expansions this week just so you know" kinda deal.

Question - What expansion packs do you usually purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back