• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Otherworldly Component Outrage! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,106¢
I am shocked that there has not been an outrage regarding the Otherworldly Components for the T2 Group Armor pieces! I've loved the recent expansions where you can farm ores and make the pieces that use them to get nice T2 gear. Now we need to get a drop for each piece like the old days? "Otherwordly Arm Armor Lining" and so forth?! I am hating this BS, isn't anyone else? Where my peeps at?

I am shocked that there has not been an outrage regarding the Otherworldly Components for the T2 Group Armor pieces! I've loved the recent expansions where you can farm ores and make the pieces that use them to get nice T2 gear. Now we need to get a drop for each piece like the old days? "Otherwordly Arm Armor Lining" and so forth?! I am hating this BS, isn't anyone else? Where my peeps at?
Yep, it's BS... and not only are they unique slots, they're not even a guaranteed drop in Chests anymore

Just a time sink to make up for the lack of content

Makes me glad I haven't invested into this expansion yet.

Kar

I’ve been farming with 4 groups (minus 1 toon) since the drop, I barely have 2 full sets.

I thought the silk, topaz, hides etc were at least super common and turns out they changed those, too.

So far everything about NoS has been “meh” at best.
the “Jackson pollock” ornament stuff is hideous

It would be easier if they made those other wordly components at least tradeable. Imagine how much of those will rot while waiting for the right componet. (unless they are mob specific like some augs)

i bought it for one gruop of toons and have to say unless they come up with something more enticing next round i wont be spending anymore money on expansions and will just play what is available. the armor thing although annoying, is second to my issue with them cutting and pasting the same crud now for the last 4 yrs ... TBL was the last imaginative expansion theyve done.

im tired of doing the same thing in rehashed zones with mediocre content

Everquest has been a copy and past expansions since they started revamping zones. They got away with revamping a couple zones and then started selling revamped zones over and over again. They make another copy and People keep buying it. Long live Everquest. :)

Last edited:
The drop rate on those things are horrible. So far in like 17 runs, I've had 1 shield, 3 earrings, 1 belt, and 1 range component drop.
I am amazed at how gullible the eq community is sometimes...guys they're just out to make a buck...the longer the keep ya on...the better for them...
Coffee Monday GIF
Animated GIF

We're gonna be on regardless; stuff like this has to tick off their solo customers. Can you imagine setting up groups and grinding for months (as a non-boxer) for a few drops (of course you can; the good old Vanilla experience, now with fewer actual players to share it with)? It'll keep boxed groups busy longer, I guess.

Last edited:
We're gonna be on regardless; stuff like this has to tick off their solo customers. Can you imagine setting up groups and grinding for months (as a non-boxer) for a few drops (of course you can; the good old Vanilla experience, now with fewer actual players to share it with)? It'll keep boxed groups busy longer, I guess.
You can definetely box manually (alt+tab) with the right keyboard and set-up...it just suuuuucks on the wrists so much. I almost got carpal tunnel from 20+ years of doing that crap...so thanful for RG! I luv you guys! and now some humor!...

I’ve seen other game producers talk about similar stuff and how it actually hurts retention. I’m trying to Google for it, but I want to say it was Yoshi P from FF14.

Note my outrage now! I had no idea that the system existed until now.

But, now that I see how hard this is going to be to gear out my box crew, I am FILLED with outrage! lol

One more point of outrage, each piece is different so rather than just stacking up ores you got multiple slots being taken up in your bag until you can turn the otherworldly into its item. 😡

One more point of outrage, each piece is different so rather than just stacking up ores you got multiple slots being taken up in your bag until you can turn the otherworldly into its item. 😡
Not that it doesn't suck, but at least ts depot helps clean out bank

Its definitely one of the more un-fun parts of the new expansion. I get making T2 more viable etc, but double dipping on nerfing drop rates + Making drops random across literally every single armor piece + Weapon type + Jewelry + Charm + Augment is a bit overkill even in a game like EQ. It feels like the worst aspects of Classic Everquest in Modern Everquest. I don't feel like "having good armor" in a non-grindy way was a #1 complaint among EQ players that drastically needed fixing pronto. Getting full set of Type 5's still was a grind imo considering there is only 4 missions <Assuming you do all 4 missions each day religiously> with CD's attached and unlike CoV it didn't drop in open world.

Any updates here? Anyone have a great strategy for this that I don't know yet, or are we all taking up camps to get stuff for our last couple of toons and rotting crap we have several of?

Good or bad, i dont really care, I dont put group gear on my toons most of the time. However, I am really amused at how hard of a time people are having at understanding which ore goes where. It says charm, it makes... get this.. a charm.

I cant even give them away over here. Ive let hundred of them rot so far.

Good or bad, i dont really care, I dont put group gear on my toons most of the time. However, I am really amused at how hard of a time people are having at understanding which ore goes where. It says charm, it makes... get this.. a charm.
Most are obvious but others you need to have a list or good memory, i.e. augs and weapons drops.
Without looking in the correct container that says what it needs, they could've put a type on that stuff. 1h, 2h, 5, 4/7, 18, 19, and for how long did ppl not know what the acolyte was for? It wouldn't have been hard to add that tiny bit of info lol.

Pink ore = 4/7/8 augs
Purple = 5 augs
Finesse = 1 hander
power = 2 hander
amice = shoulders...

not horribly hard.
Yeah but I'm saying it isn't OBVIOUS I mean did you ever associate pink with slot 4/7 augs before? Amice yeah that's shoulders but wasn't in my list lol. Just the augs and weapons should have more information added since they don't say anything in name that denotes what they make without already knowing or looking elsewhere.

Yeah but I'm saying it isn't OBVIOUS I mean did you ever associate pink with slot 4/7 augs before? Amice yeah that's shoulders but wasn't in my list lol. Just the augs and weapons should have more information added since they don't say anything in name that denotes what they make without already knowing or looking elsewhere.
Nope. But a little memory game is always fun. I hate the type 18 ore drop rate however with a passion.

Discussion - Otherworldly Component Outrage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back