• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Ores! (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
I missed the smorgasbord of ores during the first few months of the new expac. Where’s the best place to farm them now?

Zlandi group missions drops them every time and is doable with a solid group of 3 toons/mercs. Also, when camping the tunnels for named, been seeing one every couple of ours besides the ones that the names can drop. Zlandicar is key really, think all my toons are sitting with a bunch of extra ones at this point mostly due to his “generosity”. 😄

I would add "The Call" to doable missions. you can med and wait for burns between each dragon if you need to as there is no reset based on time until you kill the 4th dragon on the way to the kill the middle dragon.

I would add "The Call" to doable missions. you can med and wait for burns between each dragon if you need to as there is no reset based on time until you kill the 4th dragon on the way to the kill the middle dragon.

I second this as this mission isn’t difficult just annoying. After that even though you’ll die a lot at first Ary is the next easiest. You have to figure out mechanics but overall it’s easier than crusaders.

Rofl, seriously???

Lamesauce

Also, for the record, this thread has nothing to do with real life lol.

@Sum1 I haven’t tried any yet. Can you expound a little?

tried any what? Missions? I didn’t know you could med between dragons (except for the last one). I’ve been blowing through all four dragons + vulak back to back to back to back to back without mana issues, but if you try the achievements I go OOM. I’ve been hitting staunch for those times. Next time I’ll just sit down between dragons lol.

@Sum1 oh I gotcha. Yes, I was talking about missions.

I’ve done all four. Using the tips and tricks here, I’ve also done all the achievements. The only achievement my six box needed help with was Skin Care, since the tank can’t do it and I don’t have a second tank with CoV access.

They are all pretty easy, and definitely boxable, for a group of chars that are developed to the point of being CoV ready (115, all pre-CoV AAs, ToV T3+ gear, etc.).

The Call: Save burns for Vulak. Kill the first 4 dragons with non-burn dps and then bust out the big guns on Vulak in the middle so that he dies before the golems can explode. There's very little you can do to delay the golems, they're essentially a timer.

Crusaders: It's all about picking the right dragon to kill first. Each dragon has a unique AOE ability. The one that dies first adds his unique ability to the other 3. You must have good non-burn dps such that you can kill all 4 and stay ahead of the mechanics.

Zlandicar: Burn it all in under 45seconds, easy

Aaryonar: DON'T TOUCH THE AURAS! seriously, just don't even bother. Heal through the dots. Tank the orbs (do not try to put them in their auras). Kill grolik fast. Win.

Easy 4 ores per cycle if you have solid dps that can keep up with mechanics.

I’ve done all four. Using the tips and tricks here, I’ve also done all the achievements. The only achievement my six box needed help with was Skin Care, since the tank can’t do it and I don’t have a second tank with CoV access.
Try running a glyph on your tank

Try running a glyph on your tank

the main tank is raid geared and fine. The second tank is FTP, no expansions purchased, in tier 1 ToV freebie gear. No way he’s tanking that, with or without glyph.

missions are not the easiest way but if you mix them in with named in CS you can probably finish in 1 day.

You're getting a lot better results than I. Named are dropping them, but hardly enough to get 33+ in a day (minus those you would get from running Zlandi a few times).

Edit to add I'm not routinely running the other missions, but even at 12 of those a day I'm not getting named to spawn enough to make up the difference (nevermind the drop rate isn't 1:1 either).

You're getting a lot better results than I. Named are dropping them, but hardly enough to get 33+ in a day (minus those you would get from running Zlandi a few times).

Edit to add I'm not routinely running the other missions, but even at 12 of those a day I'm not getting named to spawn enough to make up the difference (nevermind the drop rate isn't 1:1 either).

What named are you camping ? CS named are very common way more than the WW ones.

I’ve been farming the efreeti’s in ww to spawn blasphemous steel but plenty of ore’s just dropped right off the regular efreetis I don’t know how common this is but I looted 3 ores within an hour off non named efreetis

Question - Ores!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back