• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Odd things you notice with MQ2 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
286¢
What's the oddest thing you've noticed with MQ2 that you wouldn't have any idea about without it? Like for example, I noticed on the map restless wurms in the Great Divide mission out of bounds of the map (nowhere you could get to them). Same for glowing globes - sometimes they're just out there where the zone doesn't exist.

This druid guy...sitting on the hill watching my group on the map...or the rogue thats sitting in my camp sos style who thinks I cant see him....

Saw a guy in North Karana get stopped by a GM for "warping" across the zone. That was kinda cool. Happened about a week and a half ago. I know this because the GM alerts went off on my paladin. I was doing his Epic 1.0 at the time. But saw the RED "GM" tag that a guy was warping.....Then when he got by the GM he stopped, about 5 minutes later both the toon and the GM "poofed" from the zone. Interesting. I did pause the macros and just watched on the map thingy.

The random guys running around to check whats on your corpses. What groups are boxers or people that group together all the time...how many people in zones. Mostly map stuffs. The rare rare pop of a gm but usually it is a guide. I don't really notice the warping too much because my map lags and even a person who is running normally will look like he is warping but he isn't

I think I would have missed it without the MQ2 map and the people being in my zone, but I've found two RedGuides members over the years by their toon names being close to their forum handles.

Last edited:
While playing in Loping Planes I would pull a mob and then it would just disappear. Thanks to MySEQ Open I could see that the mob would teleport to the other side of the map.

need a macro that just loots all corpses in x radius. waits 60 seconds. repeats. gd could provide me with a metric ton of slush and slurry!

Dont know, but the GM was standing by the zone line and the other toon zoned in and was up to the GM in about 10 seconds. We all know how big NK is. So...probably using that warp thingy. The one that gets you banned.
Was the GM at the zoneline or the succor point? Usually they zone in at succor (but can - of course - use regular zoning, too).
The "warp" you might have noticed could have been the GM /summon'ing the toon.

Was the GM at the zoneline or the succor point? Usually they zone in at succor (but can - of course - use regular zoning, too).
The "warp" you might have noticed could have been the GM /summon'ing the toon.
Well, As soon as I got the "GM" alert I paused all macros and watched on my map. The GM was at the zone line (Not the Succor point) The other toon came from the succor point and watched as he crossed the zone (didnt skip like it was lag, of disappearing) but moved extremely fast (crossed the zone in about 10 seconds). Then stopped by the GM. Then they stayed there for about 5 minutes...then both disappeared. Probably chalk this up like a UFO sighting. Wierd. Then went about my business of tracking down that elusive green unicorn (or whatever it was I looking for at the time)

Turn off labels on your map and that will stop the lag. You can hover over the dots to see whats what. Also, /mapF named will toggle between named mobs only and showing all mobs.
Yea I should do that but I like to see everything. I think I was just mostly trying to convey that if you have the map open and are sitting there watching a group on the other side of a huge zone a lot of times it looks like they are warping because they jump but for me anyway that is a normal part of the map if they are far away. My buddy thought everyone warped because of that....I was like no sometimes it wont pick up every second..mobs will do it too sheesh. I shouldn't have really used the word lag..I only get a second of lag when i first open map in new zone which i dont mind.

Yea I should do that but I like to see everything. I think I was just mostly trying to convey that if you have the map open and are sitting there watching a group on the other side of a huge zone a lot of times it looks like they are warping because they jump but for me anyway that is a normal part of the map if they are far away. My buddy thought everyone warped because of that....I was like no sometimes it wont pick up every second..mobs will do it too sheesh. I shouldn't have really used the word lag..I only get a second of lag when i first open map in new zone which i dont mind.
Ahh, gotcha, I too see that sometimes, looks like they warp on map, but they aren't. :)

In the Heroic Adventure Marla #1, A Helping Hand, there's a mob that you cannot get to (invisible wall in the way) who pops up on the map named Cowboy Dan. Can't get to him. Can't target him. I know literally nothing else about him but he has such a unique name.

That
In the Heroic Adventure Marla #1, A Helping Hand, there's a mob that you cannot get to (invisible wall in the way) who pops up on the map named Cowboy Dan. Can't get to him. Can't target him. I know literally nothing else about him but he has such a unique name.

That was a developer that died trying to fix necro dots, so they put that in there in memorium

Dont know, but the GM was standing by the zone line and the other toon zoned in and was up to the GM in about 10 seconds. We all know how big NK is. So...probably using that warp thingy. The one that gets you banned.
Seems like a silly reason to risk being banned. I hit auto run and go get a beer or something usually in large zones.

Back in the day in ETWK there used to be a druid/ranger army under the floating island where the dragon sits, just foraging for crafting materials. You knew damn well they were perm-AFK autoforaging. ;)
See them all over the game these days, earring quest has people leveling up tradeskills in a hurry. Bazaar is stripped of the easy recipe components.
Could probably make a small fortune server transferring a character with tradeskill drops to servers in need.

Question - Odd things you notice with MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back