• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - noob question of the day (1 Viewer)

cosyg

RedCents
What do i disable if i want to free move when attacking a mob..
Say i wanted all the bells and whistles of the buffs, heals, bash, disarm, etc.. but wanted to freely move around

*told ya, noob question*

I believe (in game) you want /stick off, iirc /melee off would disable all the actions mq2melee does automatically.

I think there's a setting in MQ2melee (stickmode or stickcmd or something like that) that you can change so it doesn't happen in the future.

you may also want to change it (if you're using it) in your kissassist .ini for that character

In your root MQ2 folder there is the MQ2MoveUtils.ini Open it and use the find feature and search for the character name you are wanting to use in a more manual fashion. Then check if the line "BreakKeyboard=on" is listed under that character name. For some reason I've noticed that even though you have the break on KB set in the defaults, it doesn't copy to the character files.

The other thing to do is when you are in game on the character type /melee , follow the prompts to change variables for that character. I can't remember the exact commands offhand, but it's something along the lines "/melee stickbreak=1" 1 is for on or true, 0 is for off or false. Once you have configured the mq2melee plugin, type /melee save.

Perhaps someone else can list the actual in game commands. Once MQ is updated I will try to remember to put the actual commands in here.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, MQ2 is down, but after looking at my ini files, I found that if you look for the file with the server_Character.ini in the MQ2 root folder, you will see a section [MQ2Melee]. Under that heading, add the following:

Rich (BB code):
resume=75
stickbreak=1
stickrange=0

Resume=75 is the time to wait before MQ attempts to re-stick to the mob
Stickbreak=1 is what allows you to break the stick with input
Stickrange=0 sets the distance from the mob that it will attempt to stick. I'm not sure what happens when you set this to a small number like 10-20.

Remove any duplicate lines, and save the file. This should resolve your constant sticking issue (hopefully)

Last edited:
The problem I've run into lately is even with stickbreak=1 on, the KA macro will continue to re-stick to the mob within a split second, so you cannot move unless you pause the macro, use the /backoff command or something else. I have not been able to play much so I can't remember what exactly I had to do in order to resolve that problem.

Question - noob question of the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back