• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Non-programmers can make macros too!

Guide - Non-programmers can make macros too! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,520¢
microscope submitted a new resource:

Non-programmers can make macros too! - Non-programmers can make macros too!

Macros are what run all this amazing macroquest stuff, but even non-programmers like me can make a macro that does useful things, without using programming. They only use basic in game commands and eqbc commands. Think of it like a hotkey but it can be as long as you want!

p.s. About the only thing that is different to what you type in game is that you use /delay instead of /pause.

Here are some that I made for myself:

Lets gooo!
When I first login I can press one...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you for this! It motivated me to automate some of the routine things I do every time I start up my group. It's important to note that when you invoke another macro the current one ends!

I like my group in a specific order and I also like a specific page opened on the hotbar. Finally, I like a specific character to be the MA and MT while another character acts as Master Looter.

Here is what I built based on your example macro...

My Group Startup Macro:
| Build my group based on microscope's post on non-programmer macros
| 20200411 BuildGroup.mac
|
| Delays required to deal with game lag
| 1s = 1 second or a single raw number expresses 1/10's of a second
|

#turbo
Sub Main

/echo Grouping!

/invite MyChar1
/invite MyChar2
/invite MyChar3
/invite MyChar4
/invite MyChar5

/delay 1s
/bct MyChar1 //invite
/delay 2
/bct MyChar1 //keypress shift+8

/delay 4
/bct MyChar2 //invite
/delay 2
/bct MyChar2 //keypress shift+8

/delay 4
/bct MyChar3 //invite
/delay 2
/bct MyChar3 //keypress shift+8

/delay 4
/bct MyChar4 //invite
/delay 2
/bct MyChar4 //keypress shift+8

/delay 4
/bct MyChar5 //invite
/delay 2
/bct MyChar5 //keypress shift+8

/delay 4
/grouproles set MyLeader1 1
/delay 4
/grouproles set MyLeader1 2
/delay 4
/grouproles set MyLeader1 3
/delay 4
/grouproles set MyChar2 5

/delay 1
/echo All invited!

/return

is there a /command to mem a spell in a certain slot? I am on TLP and have been wanting a quick macro to run to get my 18 guys (2 porters) back to the nexus. I would have the casters all mem gate and drop groups and then the porters mem the ports, invite, and port the rest. The only thing holding me back is memming the spell in slot 8.

is there a /command to mem a spell in a certain slot? I am on TLP and have been wanting a quick macro to run to get my 18 guys (2 porters) back to the nexus. I would have the casters all mem gate and drop groups and then the porters mem the ports, invite, and port the rest. The only thing holding me back is memming the spell in slot 8.

Like @dealings said, look into the resource plugin mq2cast. It looks like you'd use something on the order of /memorize "Circle of Knowledge" 8

You'd have to factor in the gray time of something like 8 to 10 seconds too before trying to cast it.

So a block like this might work (assuming mq2cast and eqbcs are running) _ (note the double cast is a fizzle check):

INI:
/bct Druid_Character //memorize "Circle of Knowledge" 8
/delay 9s
/bct Druid_Character //cast 8
/delay 1s
/bct Druid_Character //cast 8

dont think u have to "memorize" at end of line just add gem1 (or what ever gem u want)

yet again read plugin for better understanding, there are many other conditions that are cool to use

Guide - Non-programmers can make macros too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back