• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Non-programmers can make macros too!

Guide Non-programmers can make macros too!

Macros are what run all this amazing macroquest stuff, but even non-programmers like me can make a macro that does useful things, without using programming. They only use basic in game commands and eqbc commands. Think of it like a hotkey but it can be as long as you want!

All you do is make a new text file in the same folder as your ini files and kissassist, and then rename it to be a .mac file. Then you can run it from in game and it will do whatever you put in there.

p.s. About the only thing that is different to what you type in game is that you use /delay instead of /pause.

Here are some that I made for myself:

Lets go!
When I first login I can press one hotkey and it does everything for me. The hotkey just says /mac letsgo.mac and it will run this file which I made. It will invite all the characters, tell them to accept their invite, and then it will run KissAssist. All with one button.

INI:
#turbo
Sub Main

/echo Lets go!

/invite mycleric
/invite myshammy
/invite myotherdude
/invite myotherdude
/invite myotherdude

/delay 2s
/bcaa //invite
/delay 2s

/bcaa //target mytank
/delay 2s
/bcaa //mac kissassist

/echo All invited and macro started, buffing begins.

/return
The turbo and sub main is just stuff that you put at the start of macros, and it has /return at the end. The middle stuff is what I made. (Turbo only needed on bigger macros to make them run faster). First part sends invites to my peeps, then there is a delay for 2 seconds to give them all a chance to get the invite, then it tells them all to accept the invite, then waits 2 seconds and then starts kissassist. The /echo types into the MQ2 window to let me know it has run properly.

This is just an example of a lets go macro, my real one is more complicated because I actually box 36 characters on an emulator server. So my real macro invites my group, then tells the leader of the other groups to invite everyone, and then it forms a raid, and then it runs kiss. But I also have a delay at the end for about 2 minutes which gives time for all the groups to get fully buffed, and then it does /beep /beep which sounds a beep. So I can login, press the hotkey to run all this stuff, and I can go afk and wait for the beeps to know I am ready to play.

Even if you don't know programming like me, you can still copy peoples code from RedGuides and use it in your macros. I find tons of code by just using the search at the top. So for example in my full macro when it invites the leader of each group to form a raid, it does this code to tell them to accept the raid invite:
/bct myotherwarrior //notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Yes_Button leftmouseup

Go gribbles
On EQ Live I didn't like all my guys saying "go" at exactly the same time. It makes it obvious that you are using key broadcasting (isboxer) or eqbc (macroquest), and I like to act natural. So this little macro makes each character say go with a slight pause between each one to look like you are doing it manually.

INI:
#turbo

Sub Main

/bcaa //target gribbl
/delay 2s
/bct myshaman //say go
/delay 2s
/bct mycleric  //say go
/delay 1s
/bct myzerk //say go
/delay 2s
/bct mynecro //say go
/delay 3s
/bct myench //say go
/delay 1s
/say go

/return
p.s. There is also a delay from when you request a task like Gribbles, and when the instance gets made and lets you enter. For gribbles I worked it out to be about 35 seconds, so I actually have a hotkey that requests the gribbles, then waits 35s, and then runs this macro. That way I can request and go afk for a moment and come back to my guys in the instance. And the bonus is that they looked natural too :]

Crazy port macro for 3 groups
This macro is a bit bigger, I used to use it on an emulator where I had three full groups, 18 characters. One of the groups has a bunch of wizards in it, one was melee, one was support. But when I want to port somewhere, I have to disband one person from the tank and melee group, and then disband 2 wizzys from the wiz group and have to invite the wizzies on the other 2 groups and then the 3 groups can port somewhere together. This is a pain to do and to remember... So the macro does the whole thing for me:
INI:
#turbo
Sub Main

/bct someguyfrom1stgroup //disband
/bct someguyfrom2ndgroup //disband
/bct BobTheWiz //disband
/bct FredTheWiz //disband
/delay 2s
/bct group1leader //invite BobTheWiz
/bct group2leader //invite FredTheWiz
/delay 2s
/bct group3leader //invite someguyfrom1stgroup
/delay 2s
/bct group3leader //invite someguyfrom2ndgroup

/return
Then I can tell the 3 wizzes to port (using an eqbc command) and it takes all 18 characters. Then I have another macro that is a copy of this but with the parts changed around to put the groups back to how they were.

Pacify my target
INI:
#turbo
Sub Main

/echo Paci my target

/bct MyBardsName //mqp on
/bct MyBardsName //stoptwist
/delay 2s
/bct MyBardsName //target id ${Target.ID}
/delay 2s
/bct MyBardsName //casting “Silence of Silisia”
/delay 5s

/echo %t is pacified, pull his friend!

/bct MyBardsName //mqp off

/return
You can setup an auto puller with MQ2 but I usually prefer to just do it myself. But if there are some mobs in a clump and I don't want to pull them all, then I can run this macro from a hotkey and it will tell my bard to target my target, and then pacify it. Then I can pull the others and leave that one behind.

These macros are all really simple but they save me a lot of hassle and they don't need any programming. But with this principle you can make some really great stuff. Any fancy in game macroquest commands can be used in macros.

p.s. Just remember that if you run a macro (even a little one like this), it will stop your current macro (KissAssist etc.). So if you run something like this, remember to run kiss again on the character you ran the smaller macro from. For example with the pacify macro I have my hotkey in EQ called paciThis which is like this:
/end
/mac pacimytarget.mac
/pause 20
/mac kissassist tank

So that will stop Kiss, run this little macro, and start Kiss again.

Hope this helps, and if you make anything cool, please share it :D
Author
microscope
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from microscope

Share this resource

Latest reviews

Explained it so well dude.
It explained something essential basics that where new to me, in a good and easy to understand way.
This was awesome!
microscope
microscope
Thanks bud, glad you like.
Back