• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Newly botting bard! 110 bard list of songs (1 Viewer)

RedCents
87¢
Hello all!
I just started using MQ2 and I was wondering if this will be the best song line up for my 110 bard. I like to focus on buff melodies, bard dps, and crowd control. If anyone has a better suggestion for some of the songs let me know!

Horthin's Chant of Disease Rk. II.
Arcane Hymn-100 ( I was told this is excellent for mage pets in the group)
Travenro's Insult-107
Wave of Somnolence Rk. II-110
Slumber of Jembel Rk. II-109
Qunard's Chant of Flame Rk. II-110
Second Psalm of Veeshan-108
Dekloaz's Melodic Binding-109
War March of Dekloaz-109
Qunard's Aria Rk. II.-108
Aria of Begalru Rk. II-106
Jembel's Lively Crescendo Rk. II-109

(I also use this as my aura: Aura of Begalru Rk. II)-110

Last edited:
Gem1=Pulse of Xigam Rk. III
Gem2=Chorus of Xigam Rk. III
Gem3=Aria of Begalru Rk. II
Gem4=War March of Dekloaz Rk. III
Gem5=Travenro's Song of Suffering Rk. II
Gem6=Arcane Ballad Rk. II
Gem7=Travenro's Spiteful Lyric Rk. II
Gem8=Travenro's Insult
Gem9=Sathir's Insult Rk. II
Gem10=Dichotomic Psalm
Gem11=Requiem of Time
Gem12=Slumber of Jembel Rk. II
Gem13=Wave of Somnolence Rk. II

http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=3384.0
IZXYyEW.png

- Normal melody:

/melody 1 2 3 4 1 5 2 3 1 4 5 2 1 3 4 5 7 1 2 10

- A Tune Stuck In Your Head melody:

/melody 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 7 3 4 5 1 10

- Burn melody (2 nukes - also need A Tune...):

/melody 8 9 1 8 9 2 8 9 1 8 9 3

- Slow burn melody (only 1 nuke, maximizes ADPS):

/melody 8 1 2 8 3 4 8 1 5 8 2 3 8 1 4 8 5 2 8 1 10

Why you should have a fancy/long melody key:

Most bard songs last 18 seconds with the Extended Ingenuity AA. A few (reference), do not - mainly Aria, Accelerando, and Harmony of Tone. Aria is our most important and highest ADPS song. Since our other songs have a longer duration, it is worth the effort of a complicated melody key to keep Aria up while maximizing the number of songs we can play. It is a huge mistake to make a simple /melody 1 2 3 4 5 key and let Aria drop every 12 seconds (this lowers you to 80% uptime - think of it as a 20% loss in ADPS). Similarly, it's silly to just do /melody 1 2 3 4 when you can add another song. The small amount of work it takes to make a long melody key is well worth the result (getting to play an extra song). It requires 0 effort beyond making the hotkey once.

Long reuse songs (Crescendo, Dichotomic) have a big benefit and should be included in your melody. Crescendo adds ~500 mana and 50 endurance regen, while Dichotomic adds ~200 mana and 30 endurance regen.

When to use different melodies:

Normal melody = when A Tune.. isn't up, or when you're saving it for something.

Burn melody = Short-ish boss fight
For the burn melodies, I only use the 2 nuke burn (this is the high DPS one) on fairly short events that I'm certain we'll win. The drawback of using two nukes in a melody is you can only really play 2.5 ADPS songs for your group. The 1 nuke burn melody is reasonably good DPS while still letting you play 5 ADPS songs.

The best songs for your group:

It varies by group makeup and raid event. There are a few things I'll point out about our different songs:
- Aria is by far the best ADPS song we have - the only time I wouldn't use it is in a tank group, where the overhaste aura suffices.
- Aria and the overhaste aura stack, so in melee DPS groups (and caster groups where mana regen won't help) you should be using both Aria and the overhaste aura.
- Beyond Aria, most ADPS songs are relatively low return. In order of ADPS (roughly):
War March > Song of Suffering > Arcane Melody > Nilsara's Aria / Fatesong / Potency
- The ADPS from the spell damage bonus songs is so small, I almost never play them.

- - - Updated - - -

one note. If you can get in on a raid in HOT and pick up the rank 3 spell component for level 87. I still use it and I have flute from Lower Valley.
[25991/1306] Dirge of Dreams Rk. III
[FONT=&quot]Classes: BRD/87[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Skill: Wind, Max Focus: 320%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mana: 1[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Target: Target Group[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AE Range: 75'[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Focusable: Yes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Casting: 3s, Recast: 8.75s[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Duration: 12s+ (2 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Absorb Melee Damage: 9%, Total: 2071[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Absorb Spell Damage: 9%, Total: 2071[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Increase Base Stats by 14[/FONT]

As someone who played a bard as a main for many years I don't necessarily like the long melody route. Issue is bards will likely be doing other stuff in addition to having melody on, including things like mezzing, snaring, pulling/debuffing, etc. This means you'll likely never get to the end of your stupid long melody and songs like psalm and crescendo will never get played.

Don't be a lazy bard. That is all.

Excellent write up by Dobber123. I KA bot a bard in various group setups and re-wrote this song guide from a 105 Bard ini post I did awhile back. (Earlier post on 105 songs)

Good all around 110 buff songs, all info for Rank I versions.

• Aria of Begalru - 25% Melee overhaste + 45% spells dmg boost, +40% triple atk, +6% flurry and +35% pet flurry. Best ADPS song, always run.
  • Arcane Ballad - Adds a 600 DD proc melee hits and 1300 for spell casts
  • Dichotomic Psalm - Boost of hp/mana/end regen, +7000 after-crit spells and +1800 melee hits. Drains the bard and has long cooldown, not for twist, more for Burn or recovery.
  • Slumber of Jembel & Wave of Somnolence - Your single/ae mez.
  • (Slow) - Requiem of Time (long slow) or Shardstubble's Assonant Binding (slow+debuffs)
  • Travenro's Spiteful Lyric - (optional) Tank's best song, Adds big AC and aggro melee proc.
  • Kluzen's Spry Sonata - (optional) Tank's 2nd best song, Adds more AC + 15% spell resist chance, reduces DS dmg taken
  • Pulse of Xigam - (optional) Group mana/end regen and 12% boost for healing spells.
  • Jembel's Lively Crescendo - (optional) Pulse regen with long recast, use as Buff or write a longer twist
  • Insults - (optional) If you have the Troubador's Synergy AA, these bard nukes will give the group a 36k/45k DD proc on their next spell/ability.

Auras & Echos - Pick one, more regen or permanent spell boost/over-haste. Begalru is better for most setups as it gives better +flurry than the song, unless downtime is slowing your kill rate. The overhaste aura will land on swarm pets. Auras follow bard, echos stay where you cast them.

• Aura of Begalru - 25% Melee overhaste + 31% spells dmg boost, 25% triple atk, 22% flurry and 28% pet flurry.
  • Echo of Begalru - 25% Melee overhaste + 31% spells dmg boost, 25% triple atk, 22% flurry and 28% pet flurry. (Stationary)
  • Aura of Xigam - hp/mana/end regen, stacks with other regens
  • Echo of Xigam - hp/mana/end regen, stacks with other regens (Stationary)

For melee

• War March of Dekloaz - 60% haste, STR/ATK/DS, adds 41% to min melee dmg, 5% to skill dmg.
  • War Chorus of Protan (lvl 96 raid AE buff) - 59% haste, STR/ATK/DS, adds 26% to min melee dmg, 2% to skill dmg (for multi-group setups)
  • Travenro's Song of Suffering - 9k DD & -2k hate proc to melee strikes
  • Endur regen - (optional) Twist in melee if needed for chainpulling: Pulse of Xigam & Chorus of Xigam

For caster groups - The DD procs are all after crit, so they don't add as much as melee boosts

• Fatesong of Dekloaz - Adds 2523 DD proc to Cold nukes
  • Akett's Psalm of Potency - Adds 1779 dmg to Magic/Fire dots
  • Qunard's Aria - Adds 1802 DD proc to Fire nukes
  • Shardstubble's Assonant Binding - (optional) Slows/snares mob but also adds +143 to incoming nukes before crit
  • Chants - (optional) These are bard "dots" that reduce the mobs resist to one type of nuke.

For tanking group - Max stacking AC

• Travenro's Spiteful Lyric - Tank's best song, Adds big AC and aggro melee proc.
  • Kluzen's Spry Sonata - Tank's 2nd best song, Adds more AC + 15% spell resist chance, reduces DS dmg taken
  • Second Psalm of Veeshan - (optional) Tanks 3rd song, Adds a little more AC + DS
  • Dirge of Dreams (lvl 87) - (optional) Group rune for 1626 dmg

Healing boosts

• Rigelon's Reckless Renewal - +25% chance to crit heals & heals-over-time
  • Pulse of Xigam - +12% to heals before crit + hp/mana/end regen
  • Atoning Accelerando - (costs mana) Decrease heal spell recast timers by 2 secs, -28% hate for heal spells

Stackable mana/end regen - Good for downtime twist, per tic regen.

• 730hp/183mana/19end - Aura of Xigam - Pulse regen aura
  • 202hp/141mana/18end - Pulse of Xigam - Group regen (Best regen if you are only running one song)
  • 175hp/153mana/12end - Chorus of Xigam - AE raid regen
  • 392hp/188mana/17end - Jembel's Lively Crescendo - Pulse buff of 1962hp/942mana/87end every 30 secs.
  • 390hp/183mana/26end - Dichotomic Psalm - (costs 6k endur) Pulse buff of 3908hp/1835mana/267end on 1 min recast.

More regen

• Reflexive Rejoinder - Skill, 10 min reuse - Atks current target and gives 13k mana to group
  • Rally Call/Solo - AA's I find are best for rez recovery, but can be used in downtime for quick boost to one toon. Solo is only regen that helps the Bard. Both share the same 10 min timer, so one or the other can be cast.
  • Rallying Call - Costs 15k mana/end to give 6000mana/1000end regen (30 secs) to another player. If they attack, regen ends.
  • Rallying Solo - Self buff of 6000mana/1000end regen (30 secs. ) If they attack, regen ends.

I'm still learning about singing/instrument modifiers, but you get 2.6 mods (+260% effect) for all types from your EoK/RoS full armor set. There are instruments or raid armors for up to 3.5 mods (+350% effect) which caps your mod. However, "bard math" means you can't just multiply effects. Songs handle mods differently, so you have to test each one to see how it works.

You need to include and use your bellow/shout AA's. It's a large part of bard dps now. Bellow and VG dots stack on target and you can cycle between them. Only use VG shout if AE dps is considered ok. Let the dots from the shouts fade and they explode for massive damage, then reapply the shout etc..

Thanks for the links!!😊

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks !WOW superior writeup!
Yeah i like to still play my bard as a main, not just a autobard.👍👍

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing feedback all! @ Mcarpe is there a particular order you use Bellow + VG dots plus Shout. TBPH to be perfectly honest I've been very shy about using shout in grouping, it sounds so bard aggro aggresive. But I do want to optimize my dps!

As someone who played a bard as a main for many years I don't necessarily like the long melody route. Issue is bards will likely be doing other stuff in addition to having melody on, including things like mezzing, snaring, pulling/debuffing, etc. This means you'll likely never get to the end of your stupid long melody and songs like psalm and crescendo will never get played.

Don't be a lazy bard. That is all.
My bard has several melodies on his hot bard to avoid conflicts with casting time. As well as melodies what will repeat a crescendo without stopping or an aoe mez. I use 7 and 8 core songs in my melody depending. A melody that repeats Crescendo would look like this. Crescendo is on the 9th gem.
/melody 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Now that the type 3 aug that decreases the reuse time of cresendo actually works. You can use a melody like
/melody 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9. you can even add your tbm buff and make it repeat as well.
Just in case I have not said any were else, bards need to assign the stop action and stop spell to a handy key.(double bind) It is better to use that to stop a melody then trying to double click hot key.
With the recent update bard will skip songs he is not in range to cast, does not have enough mana/end or does not have a target for. I'm still experimenting with it but so far I don't like it.
The only thing that reduces bard casting time is aa under focus called metronome. Type 3 augs will only reduce timers on Reflexive combat ability line and Crescendo spell line.

metronome (1)105 EoK75 / 75-
1: Increase Spell Haste by 5%
2: Limit Min Casting Time: 3s
3: Limit Max Casting Time: 3s
4: Limit Max Level: 250 (lose 100% per level)
5: Limit Class: BRD
This passive ability reduces the cast time of your songs by 5%.

I change up the wording because there was some confusion on what affected timers and casting time.

Last edited:
Hello all!
I just started using MQ2 and I was wondering if this will be the best song line up for my 110 bard. I like to focus on buff melodies, bard dps, and crowd control. If anyone has a better suggestion for some of the songs let me know!

Horthin's Chant of Disease Rk. II.
Arcane Hymn-100 ( I was told this is excellent for mage pets in the group)
Travenro's Insult-107
Wave of Somnolence Rk. II-110
Slumber of Jembel Rk. II-109
Qunard's Chant of Flame Rk. II-110
Second Psalm of Veeshan-108
Dekloaz's Melodic Binding-109
War March of Dekloaz-109
Qunard's Aria Rk. II.-108
Aria of Begalru Rk. II-106
Jembel's Lively Crescendo Rk. II-109

(I also use this as my aura: Aura of Begalru Rk. II)-110
Is there any new info out there on Popular Melody Lists, Song's What They Do and Why, Best Songs to Play in a Melee Group / Casting Group!! Old posts but bringing it back to life

Is there any new info out there on Popular Melody Lists, Song's What They Do and Why, Best Songs to Play in a Melee Group / Casting Group!! Old posts but bringing it back to life

For bots or for real bards?

Bards are good for aura and maybe one additional song (war march) and dicho/new dicho. Otherwise, you’re using dots/chants and nuke song (for the nuke, but more importantly to proc synergy). The days of bards playing 4-6 support songs in a group and it mattering are over.

I’d love some thoughts here too. Bard songs confuse me. Trying to figure out what to use as the bard grows is challenging. I know most people don’t spend much time in the 50-90 range but if anyone has their old lists they used, I’d appreciate the info.

edit: Sum1 posted before this. I’m talking about a bot bard responsible for mezzing first and mana/dps second

For bots or for real bards?

Bards are good for aura and maybe one additional song (war march) and dicho/new dicho. Otherwise, you’re using dots/chants and nuke song (for the nuke, but more importantly to proc synergy). The days of bards playing 4-6 support songs in a group and it mattering are over.
As a Bard main this is spot on, I do handle pulling and crowd control too but it's primarily Chants/nuke for me these days

I think Ive said it before and ill say it again, the only time I dot w a bard is on named (ill do 1 maybe on trash)
between cast time and tick time, its waste of time on mobs that die fast in a good grp
having support songs that are already running even before engage end up adding more to the bottom line imo
I used to pull w a bard years ago, but for the most part I let the tank do that, when mob(s) arrive there are already a few songs going and I am not just
switching over and starting my combat songs AFTER mob is in camp

'A Tune' now is always up once bougt, if I remember well, this may allow for 5 tone melody always, if you want to keep it simple.
In EW (tov) you may buy the 4 augments which adds 1 tic to several songs.
In Tov you may farm 4 instruments able to add 1 tic to the appropriate type of songs.
The only fix setting for all settings is the DPS aura plus Aria, despite their partial overlap, for my feeling, they should be always up.
Warmarch I have mostly up.
The non-battle song contains just adps stuff, whereas the DPS-song contains 1 nuke for synergy-proccs as well as all 4 dots but the adps as well.
When I don't expect to need mezzes, I like to use long melodies.

I use the following in my box group, if I am solo in a live group ill use my raid melodies. I also use my bard for pulling. the first part of the melody 8 9 6 10 are on the mob before the 98% threshold for assist, then it fires all the ADPS songs then the last two chants. I dont recommend this unless you have maxed out all of you aa's particularly the focus tabs and any of the destructive line that increases damage for DoT and DD spells. I also like to use rgmercs when I am not pulling and wanting to just ADPS.

Gem1=Aria of Margidor Rk. II
Gem2=Arcane Symphony
Gem3=Pulse of Vhal`Sera Rk. II
Gem4=Omorden's Song of Suffering
Gem5=War March of Radiwol Rk. II
Gem6=Omorden's Insult Rk. II
Gem7=Slumber of Zburator
Gem8=Zlexak's Chant of Disease
Gem9=Sontalak's Chant of Flame
Gem10=Malvus's Chant of Poison
Gem11=Yelinak's Chant of Frost
Gem12=Composite Psalm
Gem13=Wave of Sleep

MeleeTwistWhat=8 9 6 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Now on to raiding

The following are suggestions for raid melodies. They maximize GROUP DPS, they are not meant to maximize Bard DPS. Bards are a utility class and boosting 5 other people is better then boosting yourself.

Notes:
Crescendo can be subbed out for a song of your choice if mana is NOT an issue for your caster groups, make sure you change the melody as the new song will NOT need to be sung after every song.
Pulse can be subbed out if mana and end are NOT an issue for your melee group
Dead bards sing no songs, you should have the agro meter up at all times and keep yourself 30% or lower. Songs also generate agro for any adds you have to deal with.
These song sets are mana intensive, if you have mana issues, move Insult to be after every 2 songs instead of EVERY song.
This song set can eat up end, while using bellows is nice boost to our personal DPS, keeping dissident going helps our groups MORE so if end runs low stop using bellows.

Caster W/ Necro
1. Aria of Margidor
2. War March of Radiwol
3. Omorden's Song of Suffering
4. Arcane Symphony
5. Sathir's Insult
6. Dissident Psalm
7. Velketor's Psalm of Potency
8. Zburator's Lively Crescendo
9. Mana song or AE Haste

/melody 1 5 6 8 2 5 6 8 3 5 6 8 4 5 6 8 7 5 6 8 9 5 6 8

You will notice that Insult, Dissident, and Crescendo are cast after EVERY song. Due to recast timers, they will not actually FIRE that often, but since they don't break melody being there, this guarentees that they fire whenever they are up.

Caster no Necro
1. Aria of Margidor
2. War March of Radiwol
4. Arcane Symphony
5. Sathir's Insult
6. Dissident Psalm
7. DOT or song of your choice
8. Zburator's Lively Crescendo
9. Mana song or AE Haste

/melody 1 5 6 8 2 5 6 8 3 5 6 8 4 5 6 8 7 5 6 8 9 5 6 8

You will notice that Insult, Dissident, and Crescendo are cast after EVERY song. Due to recast timers, they will not actually FIRE that often, but since they don't break melody being there, this guarentees that they fire whenever they are up.

Melee
1. Aria of Margidor
2. War March of Radiwol
4. Arcane Symphony
5. Sathir's Insult
6. Dissident Psalm
7. Pulse of Vhal'Sera
8. Dot or song of your choice
9. Mana song or AE Haste

/melody 1 5 6 2 5 6 3 5 6 4 5 6 7 5 6 8 5 6 9 5 6

You will notice that Insult and Dissident are cast after EVERY song. Due to recast timers, they will not actually FIRE that often, but since they don't break melody being there, this guarantees that they fire whenever they are up.

Discussion - Newly botting bard! 110 bard list of songs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back