• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - New World (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,556¢
Anyone else looked at New World?

I been in alpha, playing it during downtime from EQ (like today).

Curious if anyone else is in alpha or thinking about getting the game / joining beta for it when thats released.

giphy.gif

so new world, pantheon, and ashes of creation - those the "big 3" that are in the works?

I played two of the tests early on. I wasn't sure after the first one, but during the second one, I made the decision that it's definitely not for me. It was far too basic and dumbed-down for what I want to see in a new, upcoming MMO.

I pre-ordered a week ago. I don't want to play any game in alpha or even beta because I know I will not like it. I'll try it for a month when it goes live and decide from there.

I also pledge $100 to Pantheon, I think during their original pledge system. They have been "making" this game for over 5 years. I get the feeling they are stringing us along and spend more time rearranging the pledge system to squeak out more $$$ before they announce the game will not go live or they just flat out close down with no announcement. LOL, just logged into VR forums and got a pop up for pledging and a statement that once you pledge you have no right to a refund and they can terminate you for a breach of contract that I never agreed to when I pledged.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered a week ago. I don't want to play any game in alpha or even beta because I know I will not like it. I'll try it for a month when it goes live and decide from there.

I also pledge $100 to Pantheon, I think during their original pledge system. They have been "making" this game for over 5 years. I get the feeling they are stringing us along and spend more time rearranging the pledge system to squeak out more $$$ before they announce the game will not go live or they just flat out close down with no announcement. LOL, just logged into VR forums and got a pop up for pledging and a statement that once you pledge you have no right to a refund and they can terminate you for a breach of contract that I never agreed to when I pledged.

Its been closer to 7 years on Pantheon and guys it does not take 7 years to develop a game they obviously had too high of hopes size wise and should of went with something a fraction of the size because if people like your game they like your game it doesn't matter if its huge or small once you get players into it you can generate revenue and increase dev team.

Its been closer to 7 years on Pantheon and guys it does not take 7 years to develop a game they obviously had too high of hopes size wise and should of went with something a fraction of the size because if people like your game they like your game it doesn't matter if its huge or small once you get players into it you can generate revenue and increase dev team.
If you look at the actual development that’s taken place in the last year or two, it bodes much better. Taking on such an ambitious project as a brand new company wasn’t the wisest decision, I’d agree.

If you look at the actual development that’s taken place in the last year or two, it bodes much better. Taking on such an ambitious project as a brand new company wasn’t the wisest decision, I’d agree.

Its just 7 years in and they have no idea on a release date let alone an actual alpha or beta

Its just 7 years in and they have no idea on a release date let alone an actual alpha or beta
World of Warcraft was in development for 5 from one of the biggest game companies of the era. They had a huge team and budget, as well as established IP and franchise... not sure what people expected.

I have tested the Alpha for New World, I can say this; it needs a lot more work overall. Going from a pure PvP game to now a mixture of PvE and PvP the overall gameplay is off. The most recent patch they did for combat changes, well made it almost impossible for a player to do solo questing 30+. I would be shocked if they released as stated for Aug 21, more like 2nd quarter of 22 to be honest. There's still a lot of bugs, but don't get me wrong the graphics are amazing. The combat targeting is very odd, and npc mobs have no cooldowns, so they just spam abilities and own you.

Ashes, I just recently have been looking into, it looks cool, but until I can play some of it, i'm like meh.

Pantheon, well I'm sure like a lot of you that I've read, it looks like we've pledged something, and still on the wait for that. I'm not to keen on their environmental system, or having to unlock climbing? It just seems like there's too much going on. I will probably just stick with EQ to be honest.

7 years in development for a large scale MMO is honestly just about right, but Pantheon has kind of mismanaged everything. They announced way too early, and kind of just -- roll with the community? It's super weird and it just means you get a lot of anticipation burnout. Poor planning; they should have announced maybe sometimes last year so they could ride the hype to completion.

I couldn't agree more, we all have been waiting this long journey, and we want them to get it right. So many of us enjoy/love EQ, which strikes the hammer for Pantheon. I just feel that they may be going to more towards a modern style versus traditional. The fact they originally said, you'd need to carry different gear for the elements so your character doesn't free, to now x,y,z is very confusing. I just want OG play lets go! lol.

7 years in development for a large scale MMO is honestly just about right, but Pantheon has kind of mismanaged everything. They announced way too early, and kind of just -- roll with the community? It's super weird and it just means you get a lot of anticipation burnout. Poor planning; they should have announced maybe sometimes last year so they could ride the hype to completion.

Yeah, i've seen some the gameplay, it looks coo. I play a tank traditionally, so it looks cool with some of the abilities. I feel like right now, its got like a Rift/WoW vibe going on, minus the tree systems.

At least Ashes is doing lots of Alpha testing

Yeah, i've seen some the gameplay, it looks coo. I play a tank traditionally, so it looks cool with some of the abilities. I feel like right now, its got like a Rift/WoW vibe going on, minus the tree systems.

Sucks rift was mismanaged. That game had potential and I loved the class system honestly you could play whatever role was needed or you wanted to basically for any class.

I played Rift for a long time, and it was sad the way the game ended up going. I played from Alpha and into the launch. The class system was so awesome! I enjoyed the limitless specs and combinations; then they just made stuff cookie cutter, and lets not forget the P2W aspect.....

Sucks rift was mismanaged. That game had potential and I loved the class system honestly you could play whatever role was needed or you wanted to basically for any class.

I played Rift for a long time, and it was sad the way the game ended up going. I played from Alpha and into the launch. The class system was so awesome! I enjoyed the limitless specs and combinations; then they just made stuff cookie cutter, and lets not forget the P2W aspect.....

Ya the game was enjoyable just entirely mismanaged content wise.

Hit the nail right on the head there, mismanaged content and funding wise. They made so much money from that game, as soon as they decided to branch into a new game and make a TV show, it was doomed from there!

Ya the game was enjoyable just entirely mismanaged content wise.

Will any of these new games allow me to adjust my scope?
Will they allow me to play a single char or three or a full group if i am willing to pay for the accounts?
Will they allow modding?

No?

/yawn

so new world, pantheon, and ashes of creation - those the "big 3" that are in the works?
pretty much.

and guys I did the original alpha as well as staggered play for last year. It has changed alot in the last 2 months.

I play a 35 atm and i am doing solo world questing but it takes some work and concentrating on 1 style of play and maximizing your skills for that play style.

Im indifferent to PVP, thats the one aspect that turned me off at first.

Nothing will replace EQ for me.

Robahn not sure on modding or playing multi chars, atm they are only allowing 1 but i dont think they care if you play multis but wiht the combat modes it would be hard

IRL - New World

Users who are viewing this thread

Back