• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to MQ - Pet Tanking (1 Viewer)

haggardone1

RedCents
153¢
I'm new to MQ and am running a trio of Necro(120), Mage(120), and Bard(112). I've been able to get the system running decently, but still run into some specific issues with my Pet's tanking. I'm wondering if there is a way to split tank both of the Mage and Necro pets when I get multiple mobs to help balance aggro and avoid pulling it on the characters?

Also, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite tool/macro/plugin is, so I can pick some new ones up.

Thank you!

I run a pet tank group sometimes using kissassist. What I had to do was manually send in the pets. I made a hotkey using the eqbc system that told my pet class to target my pullers target and /pet attack. You could easily do something similar to that with one hotkey telling both classes to attack targets in the extended target window. You might have to fiddle around with kissassist (assuming that is your macro) so that the pet doesn't do automation. I had to turn the pet portion off to do my manual key.

You probably are driving the necro so this might be moot, but you can also just spam RS pets from the mage onto the mob you want to off tank.

I'm new to MQ and am running a trio of Necro(120), Mage(120), and Bard(112). I've been able to get the system running decently, but still run into some specific issues with my Pet's tanking. I'm wondering if there is a way to split tank both of the Mage and Necro pets when I get multiple mobs to help balance aggro and avoid pulling it on the characters?

Also, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite tool/macro/plugin is, so I can pick some new ones up.

Thank you!
Yes, it's called add a 4th box and get an enchanter to both enhance your group and to stop worrying about adds...enc + bard = win

Happy Hailee Steinfeld GIF by Pitch Perfect

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I might have as well have been new to EQ.

Discovering MQ2 was a gamechanger and I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Question - New to MQ - Pet Tanking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back