• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to 6 Box and Macros (1 Viewer)

Alister2sDay

RedCents
30¢
I just finished installing Project Lazarus(PL). Doing a ton of reading on which classes I want and the like, getting ready to put it together. My one issue boils down to this, where do I even start for macros to control all these people. I have seen people recommend MQ, MQ2, MQNext, E3, E3N, and combinations thereof. Can't find a good guide/video to get me pointed in the right direction. From reading discord, seems like e3n might be the way to go based solely on PL players preference, even with that I am still unsure where to start.

Thanks in advance for advice,
Cheers

Welcome!

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done so already while I'm typing this).

Keep in mind that not everything here works on EMU, but as Durango said, there are lots of posts about them here.

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Project Lazarus wiki is here: https://lazaruseq.com/Wiki/index.php/Main_Page

MQ2 -- (Old version of MQ, you don't want this).
MQNext -- Early or "Beta" name of MQ,
MQ -- Current "correct" name of MacroQuest. It's the latest version, even without the 2.
-- Project Lazarus is a EMU server, so you want the EMU version of MQ. You can get this from RedGuides, or, you can get it directly from PL (Rekka has it in his download).

E3 -- Macro built by Rekka (over on Project Lazarus). It's his "old" code. Since your starting new, avoid this.
E3N or E3Next -- Rekka's upgraded code in c#. It's the one you want.

There is a PL discord, join it. (links in the wiki).
Room you will be most interested in: mq2-e3-chat

Never knew this server existed, and im just starting out boxing myself - Gonna give this a bash when im home later in the weekend!

Just joined up recently, still a level one as I had only one post. I guess I made a mistake with that post. I introduced myself there but made the mistake of making it a question I guess, was titled New to 6 Box and Macros. I got s few good responses from the community and welcomes, then today I go to check it out of got the

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

Noticed I had a notification saying it got moved to another forum and says that I need to be level 2 to view it. Lol that was unexpected. I guess I missed something in the fine print. Suppose I should stick to light topics here to stay within the level one requirements?

Was funny because I had just joined and asked a question that encouraged those there to sell me on redguides, and instead of them getting the opportunity to sell me, felt like their responses were instead held at ransom unless I buy in lol.<--I kid, I kid.
Most certainly not what happened just wasn't much of an explanation as to what did happen, so hard to know what I did wrong.

Also just realized that the tag I chose is for Bans. My apologies was not my intention, still new to the forum.

Just joined up recently, still a level one as I had only one post. I guess I made a mistake with that post. I introduced myself there but made the mistake of making it a question I guess, was titled New to 6 Box and Macros. I got s few good responses from the community and welcomes, then today I go to check it out of got the

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

Noticed I had a notification saying it got moved to another forum and says that I need to be level 2 to view it. Lol that was unexpected. I guess I missed something in the fine print. Suppose I should stick to light topics here to stay within the level one requirements?
Ah, it was an emu post so it was moved to the emu section, but you're not level 2

Thanks for clarifying that. I was lost, such a learning curve with all this and having to read so much. I had forgotten what exactly I had even written, and as you said I am not level 2 so I couldn't even go back and be like, what did I say?!

Thanks for clarifying that. I was lost, such a learning curve with all this and having to read so much. I had forgotten what exactly I had even written, and as you said I am not level 2 so I couldn't even go back and be like, what did I say?!
Might wanna chillax a smidge. No one is holding anything from you for ransom, no one asked you to "stick to light topics", just some confusion / mixup.

You're gonna be alright.

:P

My bad I was making jokes, but I realize now it may have came out wrong. Tried to edit it once I reread it, still terrible? Me and my buddies are constantly giving each other a hard time, so I forget not everyone is like that. Combine that with that slight panic I had screwed something up and well....
Also text is unforgiving of tone and inflection. =P

Apologies.

Last edited:
This page probably has all you need for Lazarus and finding MQNext and E3Next to get going https://www.lazaruseq.com/Wiki/index.php/MQ2_+_E3

If it was me personally I would just use the MQ from RedGuides (which is a newer version of MQNext with some added plugins like Nav and Dannet) and go with KissAssist for controlling the 6 box as it will be transferable knowledge if you come back to live and how to work these macros.

But the MQNext and E3 macro you get from that link probably works better straight out of the box on Lazarus so could be less of a learning curve for you to get going - I bet it is missing plugins that come packaged with the VeryVanilla MQ which would be a dealbreaker for me though.

Enjoy either way!

Last edited:
This page probably has all you need for Lazarus and finding MQNext and E3Next to get going https://www.lazaruseq.com/Wiki/index.php/MQ2_+_E3

If it was me personally I would just use the MQ from here (which is a newer version of MQNext with some added plugins like Nav and Dannet) and go with KissAssist for controlling the 6 box as it will be transferable knowledge if you come back to live and how to work these macros.

But the MQNext and E3 macro you get from that link probably works better straight out of the box on Lazarus so could be less of a learning curve for you to get going - I bet it is missing plugins that come packaged with the VeryVanilla MQ which would be a dealbreaker for me though.

Enjoy either way!
just keep in mind, MQ2 itself is unsupported and legacy outdated.

MQ itself and specifically RedGuides supports MQ and the build we offer from here.

it is likely and very possible, that if you're running a custom, edited, modified, or otherwise differing version of MQ (or the legacy MQ2) you will/would have to get support directly from where you got it.

Question - New to 6 Box and Macros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back