• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - New Rig Questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
34¢
so a few Questions want some oppions, Im gonna be doing a custom build and customizing alot of stuff so its a unique build
i want to know should i go i9 9900k or 5900x or 5800x
im pairing with 32gb of ram ( i think thats enough for mass eq boxing, ( max of like 20 accounts at once)
and a 3080 ( hopefully)

thoughts?
i plan on doing eq, and other gaming Like overwatch(competive)/Dead by daylight, Devil may cry and GTAV, along with a bit of streaming
any input would be great

1621139174717.png

This is my build its crazy...I can run 16 accounts no issues at all....I wish I had a 3080 but I am not willing to pay the prices they want for it on Ebay lol

View attachment 30196

This is my build its crazy...I can run 16 accounts no issues at all....I wish I had a 3080 but I am not willing to pay the prices they want for it on Ebay lol

Your not even OCd on your CPU, could get more proformance from that if you wanted
but also i may go with like a 2080 ti. cause those still go for near retail. sometimes just below it.
my system is gonna be fully liquid cooled and with a case mod done. not a big one. ( or i might go bigger, so many ideas in my head)
how does your ram useage do while running EQ?
I was only planning on going 32 gb

As long as you don't wanna play GTA and 20 boxing at the same time, then you'll be fine=)

I 36 box with a Ryzen 5 3600 (no oc), 32gb ram, 980 gtx. My RAM usage gets really high when they are all logging in but settles at about 60% or something. I have max settings on my main guy and all the others are on lowest possible settings, wireframe models, etc. It helps to set their screen resolutions low too, and mq2eqwire makes the whole thing possible for me I guess. I also had to manually set up the clients to spread across all the cpu cores because I couldn't get the game or any plugins to do it well. But once it is all setup, the game plays great.

As for gfx you barely need anything for EQ, even with many boxes. Newer games yeah.. time to punish your wallet=)

eqs a really old game, it eats ram and doesnt use video cards well. if you set it up right you can 20 box on 16gb ram no problem. i 20box on a 10 year old i7 / 16gb np. can load 30 accounts just fine (havent taken 30 hunting before). sure i could load more but i only have that many accounts.

Your not even OCd on your CPU, could get more proformance from that if you wanted
but also i may go with like a 2080 ti. cause those still go for near retail. sometimes just below it.
my system is gonna be fully liquid cooled and with a case mod done. not a big one. ( or i might go bigger, so many ideas in my head)
how does your ram useage do while running EQ?
I was only planning on going 32 gb

I am just gonna hold out on the 30s ....this 2060 super is crazy in its own rights (and its OCed to the moon)

My main rig has a 3900x, 2080 Super and 32GB of RAM. Running a 6 box right now, Task manager shows it is currently 5GB of RAM for my EQ sessions and system utilization is at 7% of CPU resources. I don't think you could go wrong with any of those processors if you are getting a 3080! Wish I could get a MSRP 3080!

Now, I had never considered running more than a 6box let alone a raid before. Thanks for leading me down the path to the darkside. :hfive:

If the prices havent changed best bang for your buck is that Ryzen 5 5600x, it outperforms the i9-10900k strictly gaming, and spend what you save on more ram. you will save almost $400.00 over the 5900x but again its whats in your budget,

If the prices havent changed best bang for your buck is that Ryzen 5 5600x, it outperforms the i9-10900k strictly gaming, and spend what you save on more ram. you will save almost $400.00 over the 5900x but again its whats in your budget,

yea i thought that too
i mean i could honestly just reuse my old cpu a ryzen 7 2700x
But im looking round still.
honestly the 5600x isnt a bad ordeal its also a 16% gaming increase ( stock) ill be LQ the whole system so can get a good solid OC on it so itll proform well
I dont think the 5600x will bottleneck a 2080 super or ti
and then go like 64 gig of ram
plus i can always upgrade to a better cpu once i can afford to...
trying to spend around 2k on a system

IRL - New Rig Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back