• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Need help deciding on what zones to level 1-85 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
288¢
Hello, I have started a level 1 character, and besides doing hot zones. is there any zones that are good for leveling up quickly naturally that are for levels 1-85? I have tried looking this up but there's really not clear information on it? I will have a 115 SK with my level 1 so I'm looking for a leveling path I have tons of Oil of Fennin Ro so he can level quickly.

Thank you for all who respond and can help!

I’m lazy so I’d go to guk till 20s then hit velks till 46 , then Plane of Innovation till things get blue…then head to SoD field of bone and ae the sarnarks and dragons.. if not 85 can camp near house of Thule zone in, in dream ferrot and ae the lizards just kill the names before they get to ur camp or their aes will kill ur noobs.

Since you have a level 115 to assist you the fastest "PL" is likely

1-22 - One of the red wine quests

Get the "Golden Pick" quest - This gives you an item that will quickly proc 1 pt of damage to any level mob

23-85 - Go to the grounds or other high level zone and pull swarms and kill with DS while your lowbie uses the pick to do damage - watch out for named with AE's .

You can use a "hit all" macro on the lowbie to make life easier.

Attachments

• plm.mac
    5.8 KB · Views: 8
I like staying in tutorial for 30-45 min which should get you to level 10 ish.

But if you want to go faster as in level 1-13 in less than that then look up the Icefall Glacier quest. You pick up on item, you SK can clear the path and take it back to cresent reach, turn it in and bam ! Level 12/13

This is a good guide. Its also has the Icefall quest in it

Or you could save your money for right now and when the marketplace sale comes on, usually within the next month or 2 and pick up a level 100 heroic.

im super lazy. hate moving... so minimal zones for me.
1-55 velks. its roughly 1 clear bottom floor to upper spiders 10 lv til lv 40... then it takes another 4ish clears to 55. 55 i go to crypt of decay. 62 its pof to 75/80 depending on my boredom level. 75-80 if i do move... its house type stuff. 80 its frontier mountains.

After lv 55 im using a higher lv alt to pl them./ im that lazy. u can do all the way to 80 the pof route using a cleric and his hots at low lv, and hots/shining armor lines at higher lv... use Mark of ezra on mobs. they die fast, u dont have to hit them for xp. velks this way is less than 10 min per 10 lv til 40ish. its only slightly slower after that til lv 52ish. takes a cpl clears 52-55. but u can do 1-55 in less than 2 hours if u dont mind running the cleric. obviously there r faster easier ways, but i like mindless

anyway. have a good one

i drag a mage along with an SK for coth and DS on the baby toons. and mass pull zones. being on test i skip the first 25 levels and go straight to the rats and wolves in the northeastern section of blightfire pull all the rats after pulling all the wolves click lesson and than ae on baby toons (use a throwaway bard if they dont have an ae) this gets you to roughly 35-37 than after that pull coth to gorukar zoneline.

gorukar is two pulls ( camp out baby toons to maintain lessno timer) ... mass pull all the bears wolves and snakes from the zone in up to the giant area camp in baby toons and do the ae thing again. this will get you to about 40-44

than go north to the giants ... one clear of the cave nets you 47 ish...

off to plane of innovation ... one full clear will get you to 60-62 (here you can leave your baby toons in tranquility until the zone is done being pulled.

than off for a quick pull of rats in lxanvorm ... one pull in here nets you 65-66

castle 2 and field 2 area in pofire gets you to 70

than off to fort mech

2 pulls in the main open field area will net you 80.

after 80 mech slows down so i have created 2 110 PL alts that i gruop baby toons with in shards landing to 85 than 115 alts etc.

you can in essence stay in fort mech to 85 and pull the levels up the elevators for higher mobs

takes me about 4 hrs on test so on live maybe a bit longer due to the lower exp rates.

everyone has there way of doing it ... best to find what works for you. if the ideas here help than thats awesome!

best of luck

Hello, I have started a level 1 character, and besides doing hot zones. is there any zones that are good for leveling up quickly naturally that are for levels 1-85? I have tried looking this up but there's really not clear information on it? I will have a 115 SK with my level 1 so I'm looking for a leveling path I have tons of Oil of Fennin Ro so he can level quickly.

Thank you for all who respond and can help!
If you're going to twink those level 1 toons up a bit. Aside from good ole Vex Thal, you can fellowship level 1 toons into old school ToV and get some decent 50-100hp gear there. That'll make the early on leveling a tad easier 🍻

1-5 in tutorial
5-25 in CR (Bears till 8/10 then Gnolls and alligators till 13/14, beginning skeletons for 14/17 then the other nokk area from 17-25)
25-32 in Blightfire (go to sporali farmers for 1 giant pull, then to decomposing sporalis 1 pull, then rats and some hedges 1 pull, then can either go to gourka or go to skelly undead area for 1 pull)
32-45 in Gourka Mesa (once 37 I switch to a higher-level bard for giants etc} (bears / wolves first, then go to the fairys, then giants)
45-58 in Steepes (higher-level bard about 58-60 makes it easier for here) (just pull zone in with earth guys, **AVOID the goblins they FD PLer**
58-62 in Wall of Slaughter (I use a 68 bard here) (pull entire zone)
62-85 in The Grounds (I have raid geared toons Ranger and SK at level 90 to kill in these zones)
85-95 in Deadhills
95-105 in Sathirs Tomb
105-110 in Frontier Mountains
110-115 TOV missions and the easy Progression (TOFS and Velks)
115-117 TOL mission
117-119 TOL progression
119-120 TOL collects (Will ding you from roughly 30-40% in level to healthy into 120)

May or may not work for you but is a good template to do from 1-85
Can do this as a normal killing to not just PLing (except for grounds, cant kill there at 62 lmao)

getting the Golden pick and can PL to 25-85 in the grounds very easily.

Otherwise I'd follow this:
1-20 - Cresent Reach
20-40 - Blightfire
40 - 50 - Dulak
50- 57 - PoInnovation, Qinimi, Riwwi, Stillmoon
57 - 65 - BoThunder/HoH/ Tactics
65 - 72 - PoFire
72 - 75 - MPG/Dragonscale Hills
75 - 85 - Fort Mech, Grounds, HoT, Beza/Zeka

I highly reccomend starting a bard to grp with the PLee then you don't need oil of fennin ro.

Just to add to what Monkey said is to Look at doing (or start doing) your epic quests for your group when they start getting grown. That should help out with some of the leveling up.

Zeb

Tutorial then maybe Crescent Reach until you can do the golden pick quest. Then straight to fort mech until around 80 and off to kaesora library to 85. Then frontier or anywhere until your toon can get group xp.

Discussion - Need help deciding on what zones to level 1-85

Users who are viewing this thread

Back