• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
NavHelper - Travel GUI. Druid/wizard ports and evacs!

Lua - NavHelper - Travel GUI. Includes druid/wizard ports and evacs! (1 Viewer) 2.9

RedCents
4,633¢
Pronouns
He/Him
MrInfernal submitted a new resource:

NavHelper v0.9 - Help with Travel and Teleporting - Help with Travel and Teleporting

Requires: MQ2DanNet, MQ2Cast, and MQ2Nav

v0.9 - NavHelper Lua GUI that has several functions and QoL additions:

• Search for a zone using the long name, short name, or ID
  • Send a command to MQ2Nav using /travelto
  • Buttons to Start/Continue, Pause, and Stop travel
  • Search for Druid or Wizard teleports near the selected zone
  • Allow you to cast the port or send a DanNet command to your group

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Hey @MrInfernal thank you for adding the script!

Since you're posting multiple files, I zipped and reupped for you. This allows them to be used via the launcher.

Lua Directory Structure
Lua scripts should be placed in a subfolder named after your project, and include a file named "init.Lua" which starts the script. If you were to release a single file script, here's how you'd structure the .zip:

• MyProjectName
    • init.Lua

To run the above script, a user would type "/Lua run MyProjectName". MacroQuest prefers the "init.Lua" filename within a subfolder, even if alternatives exist.

MrInfernal updated NavHelper v0.9 - GUI to Help with Travel and Teleporting with a new update entry:

NavHelper v0.91 - GUI to help with travel and teleporting

Added two new slash commands:

/navhelper
/nh

These allow you to pass the name of a teleport spell to the functions directly, which enables teleport hotkeys.

Usage: /navhelper "Ring of Knowledge"
/nh group "Knowledge Portal"

Currently requires the spell use proper capitalization and to be enclosed in to quotation marks. If there is interest, I can create case insensitive matching, remove the need for quotes, or possibly even...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this do the wizard ports? If so, this will save me a lot of time looking through travel zones to find zones. I plan on looking it over once the servers come back up. I still have to get into the gui design for Lua whenever I have the time :)

Yes, after selecting a zone, you can click the “Check” button in the Ports section. It will do a lookup of nearby wizard and Druid ports. You can then have your current character cast the spell, or send a dannet command to have a group member cast the group version.

MrInfernal updated NavHelper v0.9 - GUI to Help with Travel and Teleporting with a new update entry:

NavHelper v0.91 - GUI to help with travel. Allows Druid and Wizard teleporting.

• Changes:
    /navhelper command removed, as it was conflicting with /nav
  • Creates a DanNet channel called 'porters' and adds any connected Druids or Wizards
  • Group teleport calls are sent to the 'porters' DanNet channel
  • Has a checkbox to control if Travel commands are self only or sent to the DanNet group using /dgae

Please post any issues that you discover or suggestions that you may have. Especially if you believe a zone...

MrInfernal updated NavHelper - GUI to Help with Travel. Allows Druid and Wizard teleports. with a new update entry:

Fixed fatal program error

Fixed the functionality of the /nh command. A variable was being passed too early and causing the script to crash.

On the upside, the slash command no longer requires capitalization. The only (current) requirement is for the spell to be in quotation marks:

/nh "knowledge gate"
/nh group "knowledge portal"

MrInfernal updated NavHelper - GUI to Help with Travel. Allows Druid and Wizard teleports. with a new update entry:

Major update!

Major update this time!

• Added tabs -- The main window to search for zones and teleports; and a settings tab
  • NavHelper will check if you're using MQ2Druid and set itself accordingly
  • If using MQ2Druid, will pause the plugin to allow port casting and then unpause after zoning
  • Added port filtering by class. Default is Druid, but you can choose Wizard or both
The Pause/Resume button allows you to pause the navigation without having to cancel. This can allow you to...

Does this do the wizard ports? If so, this will save me a lot of time looking through travel zones to find zones. I plan on looking it over once the servers come back up. I still have to get into the gui design for Lua whenever I have the time :)

Just wanted to say that your post gave me the idea to create a template for creating an imgui window. I struggled to figure out how to get started and hope that this resource can help others.

Starter imgui lua window

Just wanted to say that your post gave me the idea to create a template for creating an imgui window. I struggled to figure out how to get started and hope that this resource can help others.

Starter imgui lua window
You could join discord, there's lots of resources pinned on both the RG and MQ discords in #Lua-discussion and in #coding-questions.

For example,
Getting started with Lua and imgui in MQ: http://docs.macroquest.org/lua/
vs code definitions (instructions in mq-definitions README.md): https://github.com/macroquest/mq-definitions
ImGui demo code: https://github.com/macroquest/macroquest/tree/master/src/plugins/lua/lua/examples/imgui_demo Run it in EQ with: /Lua run examples/imgui_demo
MQ bindings for ImGui and Lua: https://github.com/macroquest/macroquest/tree/master/src/plugins/lua/bindings
A minimal ImGui window sample: https://github.com/aquietone/misclua/blob/main/uisample1.lua
Macro to Lua guide https://docs.macroquest.org/lua/macro-to-lua/
Programming in Lua (free online book covering the basics of Lua) http://www.lua.org/pil/contents.html

Improved port filtering!

Updates:

• Cleaned up the port filtering to better return results of the class chosen in the Settings tab (defaults to Druid)
  • /nh no longer needs 'group' added. Use the desired spell and only port classes will cast it!
  • Pause/Resume button updates its label depending on state
  • Event created to unpause MQ2Druid if it is being used

I feel that this is fairly complete at this point. But please let me know if you want any additional functionality, such as...

Port character verbose messaging

The grouped port character now relays several pieces of information:

• If they do not have the port spell requested
  • When they are memorizing a spell
  • What spell they are casting and the cast time remaining

There will be less spam from the commands as they are squelched. This implementation allows you to use your grouped druid or wizard as a true taxi by sending commands, removing the need to switch to them.

Better port bot responses!

Updated:
  • Bot responses for memorizing and casting port spells
  • Bot response if out of mana and then sit to med
  • Group check for Druid, Wizard, or Both and then set the port spell display accordingly
  • The Group Travel option is off if solo, but turns on if grouped. Can be turned off if desired

For this update I've cleaned up the commands that are sent to the bot for porting as well as improving their responses. They will report if they are memorizing the port spell...

MrInfernal updated NavHelper - Travel GUI. Druid/wizard ports and evacs! with a new update entry:

Improved evac message timing

Some tweaks to improve the timing for evac messaging and to prevent overlap between casting when the spell is ready or has to be memorized. If out of mana and an evac is called, it will report being out of mana, but will not sit down to med. This is to prevent getting sit aggro as it is probably an emergency situation.

I have also put in some placeholder commands for wizards. I'm not sure if wizards need to have their RGMercs restarted after forcing them to port or evac and I don't have...

wow I didn't expect this as i was using it as a single person but everyone on my ip using dan net was using this and well lets just say i was very surprised to see all 8 of my buffers taking off :f5: haha

wow I didn't expect this as i was using it as a single person but everyone on my ip using dan net was using this and well lets just say i was very surprised to see all 8 of my buffers taking off :f5: haha
I hope that didn’t cause any issues. I can update the commands to only affect grouped dannet members. I’m open to suggestions.

it would be nice to turn it off and on with a check box if that isnt to much to do that is. would hate for it to become a problem
Not a problem at all. There is a Settings tab at the top that enables toggling that. It does two group checks: 1) When the program is first loaded and 2) When it sees the message "You have joined the group". After that, the box can be checked on and off.

Settings.png

MrInfernal updated NavHelper - Travel GUI. Druid/wizard ports and evacs! with a new update entry:

GUI Overhaul!

• Updated the GUI to move everything onto a single tab, while still trying to maintain a clean feel
  • Added buttons to interrupt porters in case they're casting a spell that you need them to stop
  • Added an Evac button. Still able to use /nhevac
  • Tweaked Evac message timing messages
  • Travel commands can be set to only apply to: Self, Group, in Zone, and All DanNet Peers
Let me know if this works better or if you have any suggestions.

Fixed typo in 'Laurion' and added optional spell gem memorization

• Fixed the spelling of 'Laurion' for the self and group versions of the druid and wizard ports
  • Added the ability to set a gem number to memorize to when using slash commands
If a number is not added, it defaults to 5, otherwise it will use what you set. If the spell is already memorized, the number is ignored
/nh "ring of laurion" 7 -- Memorize Ring of Laurion to gem 7 if needed, otherwise just casts the port

Please let me know if there are any issues with...

Okay. Druid in my group is added to porters dannet channel.

mq.cmdf('/noparse /squelch /dgae porters /if (${Me.Book["%s"]}>0) /casting "%s" %s', portName, portName, spellGem) gives error "Couldn't parse '/casting "Circle of the Steppes" 5'"

mq.cmdf('/timed 2 /noparse /squelch /dgae porters /if (!${Me.Book["%s"]}>0) /dgt all Spell not known!', portName) sends "Spell Not Known" despite ${Me.Book["Circle of The Steppes"]} returning 239.

Goes through rest of the boundPort function without sending a command to memorize and recast the spell.

Last edited:

Fixed evac, nav pausing, and spell cancelling

Fixed the evac functions so that you can call an evac using the button (EVAC!) or with the slash command /nhevac
Nav can be paused to allow you to look at the nav route, go around an obstacle, or just to stop and grab some supplies
If you want your porter to cancel their spell so that you can get them to cast the port or evac, use the (Cancel) button

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but certain zones can't be selected in the ui, so I can't travel to it unless I type the command /travelto shortname. I know this is the case for Frontier mountains (EoK), I have seen 2 others but I don't remember which ones.

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but certain zones can't be selected in the ui, so I can't travel to it unless I type the command /travelto shortname. I know this is the case for Frontier mountains (EoK), I have seen 2 others but I don't remember which ones.

I ran into similar issues starting today. Everything works fine for a minute, but then it like hangs and only the search button works. WHen I go to select a result from the search, some in the result list are available to click on and some just won't let me select.

One that I tried was Great Divide. I typed Great, hit search, got several hits to show up. Then when I went to select the correct zone to then hit check for spell options, i wasn't able to select The Great Divide / greatdividetwo.

If I unloaded NavHelper and reloaded, I would get a few uses (incl greatdividetwo) but then it'd act up again and freeze requiring it to be restarted again.

Lua - NavHelper - Travel GUI. Includes druid/wizard ports and evacs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back