• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MySEQ

Software MySEQ (1 Viewer) 2022-04-25

If you go to File>Options>Filters tab>select a wav file to play for rares/caution/etc , i assume it's just a file path you need to enter... i've not used MySEQ in years until now just to look at the interface

Is there a place where I can read about audio alerts? The program itself leaves much to be desired in terms of instructions.

Mainly, I'm looking for an alert for the Ancient Cyclops as well as the Oracle of D'Arnon. I'd like the game to play an audio file anytime they spawn, but I can't find ANY place anywhere that will help me set up an alert. I know there are alerts in the game, but I'm unsure how to add them (except using HTML to edit the text file, which still leaves the question about audio alerts).

Please help!

So the audio alert is in File - Options then filter-tab

To get them to work you will want to have mobs added that you need to be alerted to

1554073911024.png

You can do this a couple of ways.

You can right click on the name of a mob and add ti zone rare alert
1554073943463.png

it pops up a box which you can press OK to add the mob you selected, or you can type in another name

1554073976789.png

So you can use that to add Ancient Cyclops for example --- for Oracle of D'Arnon I would just add Oracle or Arnon as myseq doesn't like `, ', or , usually

You can also do this edit zone alert filters

1554074082037.png

and can edit in the Alert section

1554074109153.png

you could edit that to include whatever names you wanted

INI:
    <section name="Alert">
        <oldfilter><regex>Sicpro</regex></oldfilter>
        <oldfilter><regex>Kaen001</regex></oldfilter>
        <oldfilter><regex>ChatWithThisName</regex></oldfilter>
        <oldfilter><regex>MaskoiSaysChatWithName/Delay10</regex></oldfilter>
        <oldfilter><regex>Redbot</regex></oldfilter>
    </section>
[/code

If you add code here make sure you reload alerts
1554074229604.png

Hola everyone,

I've been trying to do my own research on the pros vs cons of using the VV in game map vs MySEQ.

So far, it looks like MySEQ just lists the various mobs, their locations, and maybe some spawning information?
How is that any different from the in game map, and what are the pros and cons of each?

Also, completely unrelated, but was there ever any conclusion to the twitch bans this Summer? Did anyone get their chars back? Was there any clarification from DBG?
I've been trying to look through old threads, but it looks like the primary one was closed.

If this is a sensitive subject, just ignore the question, I don't mean to stir up anything.

It's personal preference. I think MySEQ runs smoother so I use it.

And yes, the conclusion is that we can't stream on twitch. Because DBG doesn't want us to promote their game on streams, we plan increase emu support so we can help popularize those servers.

In game map = Easy and available from any toon's screen. Slightly customizable such as KissAssist drawing in your pull range and such. /mapfilter for in game changes. You can mimic some of the MySEQ features by also running MQ2SpawnMaster.

MySEQ = (I haven't used it in awhile so take this with a grain of salt) little more setup and may require copy/pasting the new MySEQ offsets i you wanting it running right after every patch. Has a few extra features that you don't get from the MQ2 map.
  • Text window with notices - Has a nice mini text window to show important stuff like named up or spawn times.
  • Draw Trails - MySEQ can track mob "trails" and draw them on the map. So you can leave it running overnight, with an FD toon or safe spot, and see where all the mobs walk. Great for finding new safe spots or camps.
  • Spawn timers - Very useful if you're farming older named that are on 8 hour timers or such. You can leave a toon in zone and catch the latest kill time, then know roughly when it will be back up.
  • Beeps/Announce - You can also set it up to beep/speak text/play wav file when Named pop and filter mobs into categories with different warnings.
  • PVP - MySEQ also have some nice player warning features if you happen to play on a PVP server.
  • Extra safety - If you're playing on a no-MQ2 server/emu, mySEQ (or at least the old Linux version) can be setup to run from a completely different computer and packet sniff the info feed to your EQ computer. So it can make the map without being detectable even to a game run computer/memory scan. Of course if you're bee-lining to every new Named, that can be noticed by a GM, but they can't "see" the program.
I personally run the Vanilla built-in map. I turn on spawnmaster if I need it, but usually just camp next to the named. It is nice getting a notice that another named popped across the zone, like maybe that group just left or something. I have MySEQ setup and ready, but rarely need it.

Rather than start a new thread, i'll attach my question here.

Is there any way to get myseq to make noise? When I started using it, i selected a sound to play when a hunt mob spawned. I think it was one of the base windows sounds, and isn't even used anymore, but because it tried to do so, Windows would make an error sound which alerted me a named spawned. That all of a sudden stopped. Any way to get it back? I don't think I changed a windows setting to turn off errors so I don't think its that.

Has this been taken out, or did the offset not update correctly? Mobs no longer show what they are holding on the seq map. even my own toons, just say "axe" but only half of them render a primary

Wondering if there's a way to load up multiple MySEQ clients on the same machine. I've tried, but when I load up the 2nd one the first client disconnects.

Assuming that you want to view MySEQ from the perspective of another character, there's an option to change the character being viewed. If you want a 2nd instance for some other reason, I'm not sure it's supported.

Wondering if there's a way to load up multiple MySEQ clients on the same machine. I've tried, but when I load up the 2nd one the first client disconnects.
you have to run 2 instances of the server and then you can

Hmm, tried but can't seem to get it to launch. Says something like the port is still in use.
you can install in 2 diff places, and then in your myseqserver.ini you would just change the port so they both run on different ports

Is there a way to make the Map Magnification stay the same? Ideally I set it to 500% and every time I zone it stays there. Looked at Options and saved preferences but always rolls back to default.

Re: MySEQ Open 2.3.1.2 EqMule build

nope don't know, this is so basic that one really isn't needed:

1. Start server.exe
2. start myseq.exe

log into eq and play look at the window, click around on the controls check out stuff... rightclick a mob or your level 20 plee to set concolor by its level, to see what mobs are looking like for him on the map...

I use it all the time when I powerlevel using my druid, makes it easy to pull all mobs in zone that are for example yellow to the level 20.

You should mention that the serve ini file needs to be updated after every patch. Besides this its just about 1. & 2. :)

I am not sure if I should be installing these. Could someone tell me what these are pertaining to in my EQ game? I did not have these on my launcher prior to yesterday's patch.

I believe they may have to do something with the interactive in game map?

Attachments

• Myseq.png
    Myseq.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 11
I am not sure if I should be installing these. Could someone tell me what these are pertaining to in my EQ game? I did not have these on my launcher prior to yesterday's patch.

I believe they may have to do something with the interactive in game map?
yes, if you want to use special maps for myseq you would want to install that stuff - you don't have to, i personally dont

Anyone else having issues with MySEQ loading maps after the most recent patch? Spawns show up within MySEQ, just no maps in any zone. I've removed everything with the MySEQ folder and have re-run the installer and re-downloaded the maps. The only other odd thing is there are now 5 filters.

Attachments

• myseq.JPG
    myseq.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 7
Anyone else having issues with MySEQ loading maps after the most recent patch? Spawns show up within MySEQ, just no maps in any zone. I've removed everything with the MySEQ folder and have re-run the installer and re-downloaded the maps. The only other odd thing is there are now 5 filters.
Try and repoint it towards your actual eq map folder. The new 64bit myseq might not like the cool maps

I am also having problems. Maps are not working and it is pointing to the right location and seems like the whole program is all messed up.

This all happened with the new patch.

I am using the RG Launcher.

I am also having problems. Maps are not working and it is pointing to the right location and seems like the whole program is all messed up.

This all happened with the new patch.

I am using the RG Launcher.
Try and repoint it towards your actual eq map folder. The new 64bit myseq might not like the cool maps

I have mine pointed directly to my good map directory and it works as expected

Thanks for the suggestion Sic, that seemed to have worked...somewhat. I randomly zoned into different zones and some maps would load with zone in and others would not. Some I got to load by closing and reopening MySEQ a few times and eventually it would load the map, but if I zoned out and zoned back in the map would not load again. Will do some more testing tomorrow.

Software MySEQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back