• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - My wife and I both want to box 3 characters but be in the same group. (1 Viewer)

If you guys are living in the same house , your fine using 1 Red Guides account.

But if your not and running from different IP. Then you may need to talk to Red Bots and see what he can do for you.

You should be fine either way and should be good to go soon as you download the patcher

ok it good we in same room. Just wasn't sure because using mqnext my bccmd works but hers does not i thought maybe that was why.

Thanks

If you're on two separate computers and want to not share a connection and thus prevent each other from issuing commands to each other you'll just need to make sure both computers are running their own EQBCS

If you're using two separate computers and you want to be able to control her character and for her to be able to control your characters then you need some additional setup beyond what is typically done with EQBC.

EQBC uses a Server, and a Client. The server is run seperately outside of EQ, and each account logged into a specific computer is a Client. When you run MQ2EQBC and /bccmd connect, the default is 127.0.01 on port 2112

127.0.0.1 is an "imaginary" IP address, which indicates the local computer. Your actual IP address is likely different, something like 192.168.2.102 (this isn't your actual local IP address)

Since you're running on two computers, only the computer who is hosting the server can connect to it using 127.0.01
you can click on your windows Start button then type in cmd and hit enter.

then you can type ipconfig and hit enter.

It will spit out a bunch of information.

One bit of that information will be the connection with a "Default Gateway" entry filled in, and you want the IPv4 that populates under that option. This will be that 192.168.X.XXX number I mentioned above. The computer that isn't hosting EQBC server would /bccmd connect 192.168.X.XXX 2112

If all goes well, they'll connect to the other local computer's EQBC Server, and you'll both be connected to the same EQBC server.

We do not want to controller each others characters, but i think we need to wait till we can update live (giving the dates do not match error). mqnext eqbcs does not connect at all for either of us.

Thanks though :)

there is no reinstall for live for us it reads "patch day - unavailable"
Hail, and Well Met!
Yes "MQ2" is down. EQ Patched today. :(
MQ2 "legacy" is unlikely to be rebuilt until tomorrow. :'(
MacroQuest "Next" is patched, however. :)
You should upgrade to MacroQuest "Next" and you can be back in-game in like 10 minutes. :)
If you are looking for meshes:

We did migrate, mind you we are brand new so didnt have much to migrate( we just downloaded everything today), but we did get the navmesh to migrate which does allow us to use the come to button but follow me button doesnt work. it doesnt seem to understand the commands of that one.

Most of this is out of my realm so I watch Sic's videos(probably more than I should need to) and pickup up new things here and there. If you already migrated to the latest version I would think you should change your drop down selection from "live" to "next". Give that a whirl.

EQBCS not connecting is going to be either what CWTN pointed out or a firewall issue. But, given that you’re brand new…have you tried dannet?

IRL - My wife and I both want to box 3 characters but be in the same group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back