• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MY REQUEST CLARIFIED (1 Viewer)

morganjo

RedCents
I am sorry if my request in an earlier post was miss leading. As of right now I do not wish to know all the .codes and /hacks. All I wish to know was how to autoforage and how to raise melee skills while afk. Just as the advertisement i read and then made my purchase promised me. I did find the gude on plat farming and will see how accurate a 2 year old guide still is. The runspeed modifier that is supposed to NOT get you introuble i am interested in and the zoneing for health also sounds nice. But as far as compiling pre compiling .exe .ini when people start talking like that I am like a monkey trying to do a math problem...Please if this can be explained to me in nice simple small words like you would use with someone with a 10th grade public school education who grew up before computers or internet or even cable tv was around I would greatly appreciate it i am an old fart who loves eq and wish to take a few of the minor aggrivations out of my game play. Can anyone please help me or was i just duped into buying a guide that ws sold to someone else a long time ago?

bro just try a little searching, there are macros and plug in's all over the site.

try a search for auto forage or skills macro, anything like that will likely bring up something useful.

No offense, but it sounds like you're taking out your minor aggrivations on this post. No need to rant. Here's what you need.

MQ2AutoForage is set on an .ini. That is a MQ2VIP plugin and the information can be found in general places on this board or at the MQ2VIP site.

There is no such thing as a *safe* plugin other than one that is not an active hack....since I have to put it in 10th grade language...an active hack is something that manipulates the data that your client sends back to the server...a passive hack is something that just manipulates your EQ Client on your computer but does not send it back to the server, like the Map feature or MQ2Exchange on MacroQuest2. A speed hack is an active hack. They do exist on this board, but its up to you whether or not you want to use it or not because it can get you suspended or banned.

Zoning is also an active hack and if you read up on the progression servers, warping and zoning has been the #1 reason bans/suspensions have happened.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble of high expectations from a front page that claims that it can hide its information from Verant...which was forever ago...but there are good things that do happen here that are a little better than your average, run-of-the-mill, "Go farm this and you'll be rich" guides. SoE is fast to nerf some things and other things they take an eternity or probably don't care about.

The reason that we have pre-compiles here at this current time is so that someone doesn't have to do all of the middle-man work since its done for you, however its not guaranteed that they will always be here.

Take a look around the site again, then let me know if you have any questions about things you don't understand. I'll be happy to answer your questions.

oh and could someone please tell me what "Sticky Thread" means i see it on various posts and figure it has to be somewhat quasi important to know the definition

No offense, but perhaps Macroquest isn't somthing you should be using. Even with the pre compiles it does take SOME knowledge of how to run the program. This is a forum board, we all pay for access here to, you yelling at us because you can't figure it out isn't cool. I'm sorry that you're frustrated, but if you would take the time to do some reading or use the search function of the board you might feel less annoyed... Or perhaps move along and don't look back at Macroquest. Not understand it and using it anyways, is a sure fire way of getting your account banned.

anonodrood I believe you are correct in that i should probably move on and not look back, I do whole heartedly apologize to any and all readers who took offence or thought I was yelling at you, I wasnt, and am truly sorry for it coming across that way. I do stand by the belief that if any service is going to be advertised and a fee charged then you should at a bare minimum have the very thing you sold me. Not take money and then when I am here say well its all changed look arouns for it. This is directed at the owners of this site not the multitude of gamers who like myself bought and paid for a subscription. I do not wish ANY of my fellow gamers to think I am upset in any way at them I have recieved several private messages and am getting a basic understanding of how this is supposed to work and a knowledge of how much knowledge I am lacking. To the VERY patient gamers who are trying to teach this old dog a new trick I thank you and will do my best to learn from you.As far as the walking away I just cant do that I paid for a one year subscription and I will use that full one year to learn what this world is about. I know I will get "flamed" as I have read the phrase ALOT. For that I take it as paying my dues and basically fair trade for any of you I have inadvertently offended. I just cant pay for something and then walk away from my money and since I have learned a few things so far I can not in good faith ask the administrators for a refund as I would feel I have stolen some service from them. So since the money has been spent some knowledge gained and 364 more days till another payment is due I guess I will be doing ALOT of reading. I have so far learned the differrance between active and passive hacks and decided AGAinst using the active hacks as I would screw it up an get banned and the passive hacks I will use while I am actually there at my puter to answer any tells I will search for any and all passive hacks and learn those. To all those that remember what it was like when the door to this world was first opened to you and you had to find your way around I promise to be as diligent as I can be and hope you can be as patient as possible with my noob mistakes thank you

anonodrood said:
No offense, but perhaps Macroquest isn't somthing you should be using. Even with the pre compiles it does take SOME knowledge of how to run the program. This is a forum board, we all pay for access here to, you yelling at us because you can't figure it out isn't cool. I'm sorry that you're frustrated, but if you would take the time to do some reading or use the search function of the board you might feel less annoyed... Or perhaps move along and don't look back at Macroquest. Not understand it and using it anyways, is a sure fire way of getting your account banned.
I didn't understand all this at all really when I started using it. But with people being understanding and helpful and, this is rare, kind, I think I'm pretty well off now. Moving along and not looking back? That's just admitting defeat. Don't tell someone crap like that. Be helpful.

It is a bit of a minefield when you first arrive on the site. My advice is to go to the Guides section first and read ALL of the PDFs there. This may take a day or so for it all to sink in.

I don't use Macroquest but still find the site well worth money spent.
yes I got (and still get) confused when people say things like "just /warp to target."
But the principles of the different stratagies still come through. Many are not doable by a single person without macroquest but can be done by your friendly group.

For instance in Grog's thread under stratagies and cheats (I have not seen this before...) he is telling you that if you open or kill the mushrooms near freemind you can again gain experience. This is quite important for people with evolving items as well as those wanting to work on their shroud abilities. It could also help you level some lower level players quickly.

I use a forage "macro" but I utilize the hot keys already available in EQ. Simply doability 1 where 1 is forage and use a mouse that clicks over and over.

Don't take too much offense from the people that know all. most have been around forever and have been jaded by the same questions over and over. Hang around a bit, read what is going on, and throw in your two cents when you know what your talking about. When asking a question always do a search first.

Basically take the tidbits of information you can use. You will find it well worth your time.

The problem, and the reason you may see flaming, is that all of the information IS HERE. All of the stuff you saw advertised...IS HERE. The issue is that you seem to be unable to search for it. So, in the spirit of helping you out:

Download the zip called "TurkReno08052006.zip" at the bottom of THIS post, which is currently the SECOND POST DOWN FROM THE TOP in the Strategies and Cheats section. Read the post where it says:
Usage:

1. Unzip this file completely wherever you'd like on your computer in a separate directory.
2. Move the UIFiles to your current UI directory.
3. Start MacroQuest2.exe.
4. Start EverQuest.

In there, you will have MQ2Autoforage.dll, which is something called a "plugin". Each plugin can be loaded, and subsequently have it's commands and abilities available to you by typing
Rich (BB code):
/plugin MQ2Autoforage
, changing the MQ2Autoforage to whatever the name of the plugin is. Then, to figure out how to USE said plugin, you would scroll down in TurkReno's post to where it says the syntax for MQ2Autoforage. So that I don't have to overwork your strenuously exerted brain, here's the info copied and pasted:

Rich (BB code):
/startforage - commence autoforaging.
/stopforage - stop autoforaging.
/keepitem "Item name" - add/change the item in the .ini file to auto-keep.
/destroyitem "Item name" - add/change the item in the .ini file to auto-destroy.

Example:
/keepitem "Brell's Bulbous Bag of Bullshit"

>then<

/startforage

That would cause you to automatically forage when a) not in combat and b) not sitting, singing, and a few other things. The idea is that you walk away from your computer and leave the char in a safe spot. Anyways, your character would forage every time the forage button popped up and drop anything that isn't "Brell's Bulbous Bag of Bullshit". You can add as many items via /keepitem as you want.

Any more questions?

The MQ2 forum (www.macroquest2.com) is also a good place to go; they have a Wiki with some documentation about how to get started. Some people start out there and then sign up here for extra goodies, and some people start here and end up going there for the extra help they can give.

Ok Heres how I had to show my Friends how to use MQ2 and understand what I was talking about MacroQuest2 Manual Last Updated: August 10, 2006 I told them to read about it and learn some of the commands like in MS-DOS. theres also a download on the same page with some other commands that are not shown in the 1st manual Both of them will show you how to run MQ2 will also tell you how to add plugins and macros other manual This will help some as for the macros and plugins most of them are outdated and dont work not because of the people useing MQ2 but because EQ is always changing so our programers here at redguides have to keep changing the macros and plugins for MQ2 as for the slang and terms thay use in the forums you will just have to learn it on your own as did everyone else that came here.

retired monkey you are quickly becoming my guru thank you and yes my limited grey matter is stretched quite thin with recent RL issues and i will do the reading and looking but you hit the nail on the head when you went the extra step and explained the how and why the autoforage works.I was wondering if it would not be too much of a hassle if you could give the step by step on what i have done wrong in this scenerio and how i can fix it. I went to the mq2 site and downloaded it, unzipped it and found the .exe ( yes i figured out that means executable and is usually accompinied by a graphic instaed of a picture of paper) shut down my eq and left clicked the .exe it said i needed to reinstall since the .dll (dont know what that means) could not be found. I obviously did something wrong. For now I will do as you have suggested and download the "TurkReno08052006.zip" that you have suggested and the unzip and look for the UI since i have loaded some custom UI's from the web and got them to work I think I can handle that much. will post a responce on what reaction i got from my puter in a few minutes thanks again

OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU It worked I did step by step as you instructed downloaded the file unziped it found the UI copied it and placed it in the UI file in EQ also found the .exe for mq2 and created a shortcut shut down everything started mq2 then eq and brought my toon up placed her in guild lobby ( is that as safe a spot as I can get) and typed /strtforage and I am autoforaging...I think I might wet myself from the joy I will stay with this as I learn more and then probably hit up the help boards if i cant figure it out on the possible use of the melee skills thing ( not sure about that since it sounds like an active hack)but again Thank you I will prolly have 8 bags of water but right now I dont care its working.I will learn how to do the /keep and /destroy commands as soon as I can so as to keep the goodies I want thank you you have made an old man very happy and after the day I have had that is saying ALOT

One thing I have found interesting in the time I have been on Reds is there are always people willing to help me step by step when I am brain dead ..... happens often after playing 30 hours or so .... but it is all in the approach... I see this thread pointing that out I also see some of these guys who help out tons of people being stretched thin ...

I have to look back and see how scared I was in the beginning to ask questions and the final lesson was put as much info in the question as you can then put a little more just to make sure they can look at it and respond to facts ....

I am trying to learn compiling now and hit the wall every night with something but I ask and I get info.... just remember with bans, patches, and lil wars sometimes it might just be a bad day so put your flame suit on and reword your question and see if that helps....

Going to the MQ2 site and downloading that file is actually an UNCOMPILED version of mq2... meaning you would have to compile it yourself to get a "vanilla" version of mq2 ( just the basic stuff ).... What TheZ directed to you as TurkReno08052006.zip is actually a PRE-COMPILED version, meaning you do not have to compile it and all you have to do is start the .exe and boom. run it.

Edit: ^^^^ me not reading the second page posts...

obviously you figured it out :)

MQ2Melee + MQ2Cursor for all your foraging ;)

Make sure both plugins are loader:
/plugin MQ2Melee
/plugin MQ2Cursor

Then turn on the Melee plugin:
/melee plugin=on

Then make it auto forage:
/melee forage=on

Now you just have to populate your MQ2Cursor keep/destroy list. You do this by holding the item you wish to drop/destroy or keep on your cursor. Then these commands are used to handle that part:

To drop/destroy (depends on the setting of MQ2Cursor), aka keep 0:
/cursor 0

To keep 2 stacks:
/cursor 2 st

To keep 80
/cursor 80

Make sure your inventory window is closed, or MQ2Cursor will not handle the items on your cursor. There are other windows as well such as Banker, Trader, TradePC, Give and most likely a few others I forgot, that will also "pause" MQ2Cursor.

Now, if you added an item to your list, that you wish to change or remove, just keep your inventory window open (so that MQ2Cursor pauses), hold the item which you wish to change on the cursor and type the appropriate command to either keep or destroy (keep 0). Can also remove it completely from the list by typing:
/cursor rem

And now that you have MQ2Melee anyway, you can set it to autouse all your various skills during combat (or just while running around for some of them):

Sneak/Hide whenever they are ready, and you're not already sneak/hiding:
/melee sneak=on
/melee hide=on

Kick your target whenever you can, and are in combat:
/melee kick=on

There's simply so much functionality in MQ2Melee that I can't (and won't) list even a tenth of it. Find the thread here on these boards called MQ2Melee and also read the MQ2 Wiki entry for MQ2Melee.

What I think he wants is some way to afk work on his melee skills, not use melee to activate them during combat.

As for why I used autoforage rather than melee/cursor...tbh, for someone just starting out, it's much, MUCH simpler.

While I love Melee, it's got so much involved with it that even fairly experienced users can still get lost easily. And while you can set up Cursor, too...since all he wants is to forage, Autoforage = #1 for simplicity. Obviously as he continues to understand more and more, he may wish to switch, but for now, what he's got is golden.

BTW, to elaborate and explain what Devlin meant: the zip available at the MQ2 website contains the source code for several plugins, though not many. Think of the source code as the raw materials...it allows you to build MQ2, but only if you know how to use the raw materials.

For now, I'd recommend staying with TurkReno's precompile. Check the thread often, as he posts tons of updates and fixes for problems, sometimes even before you encounter them. I suggest reading through and figuring out as many of the plugins as you can...each one presents a new ability for you, and can be a game-changing new thing. Just make sure you go slowly, and understand things as you go along...if you don't get it, you can log into IRC chat and ask about it, or post on the boards. If you want to log into the IRC chat channel for redguides, the information on how to do that is in THIS thread.

Oh, and my name is "TheZ"...i say it so that it rhymes with rez, but it could just be "The Z". Retired monkey is my title...there used to be a common complaint from some plugin developers that a trained monkey could compile MQ2, so I called myself the "Head Monkey". Now that I've retired from compiling for the use of Redguides users, I refered to myself as a Retired Monkey.

morganjo said:
retired monkey you are quickly becoming my guru thank you and yes my limited grey matter is stretched quite thin with recent RL issues and i will do the reading and looking but you hit the nail on the head when you went the extra step and explained the how and why the autoforage works.I was wondering if it would not be too much of a hassle if you could give the step by step on what i have done wrong in this scenerio and how i can fix it. I went to the mq2 site and downloaded it, unzipped it and found the .exe ( yes i figured out that means executable and is usually accompinied by a graphic instaed of a picture of paper) shut down my eq and left clicked the .exe it said i needed to reinstall since the .dll (dont know what that means) could not be found. I obviously did something wrong. For now I will do as you have suggested and download the "TurkReno08052006.zip" that you have suggested and the unzip and look for the UI since i have loaded some custom UI's from the web and got them to work I think I can handle that much. will post a responce on what reaction i got from my puter in a few minutes thanks again
You also need to download all of the other .zip files that are there and put the MQ2XXXX.DLL into your MQ2 Folder that you extracted. Some of those are hotfixes or plugins that I've mistakenly left out. The .cpp files you do not need to worry about unless you start coding.

Hotter said:
I didn't understand all this at all really when I started using it. But with people being understanding and helpful and, this is rare, kind, I think I'm pretty well off now. Moving along and not looking back? That's just admitting defeat. Don't tell someone crap like that. Be helpful.
I do have to say, I agree with Hotter...Just whatever you do, don't tell the people on your server that you use MQ2.

I strongly recommend that you read my GM Misconceptions post so that you can have an idea on what you should and should not do if this is the path that you're going to take.

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=11449

That's the link for you.

I'm not trying to any way scare you away from MacroQuest, but you need to know exactly what types of risks there are and what can happen...what to look for...and how to be a smarter cheater.

Just another 2cp from me.

MY REQUEST CLARIFIED

Users who are viewing this thread

Back