• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (2 Viewers)

I ran the updater from the launcher and all files were sent to mq2nav folder. In game advpath and nav are loaded on all toons. All I get is no nav mesh available in MQ window when I try to move my group. Any help is appreciated.

i got some problems with mqnav. i get often following error and the toon is getting stucked
1649922618251.png
i reloaded the complete meshes and reseted them. This happens in amost every zone. Cant figure out whats the problem is... mybe the meshes of the newer zones are not complete?

Last edited:
anyone know why nav wont take me automaticly to a zone when i click it on ctrl+F anymore
There are a couple of small, yet important changes with MacroQuet vs the old MQ2 as explained > HERE <

Moving to MacroQuest mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases
6. your ini configuration files (like for kissassist) now reside in your "Config" folder and not your "Macro" folder

Just curious- would it be possible/a good idea to have nav stay looking at the floor when moving through high lag zones like the lobby?

Last edited:
Just curious- would it be possible/a good idea to have nav stay looking at the floor when moving through high lag zones like the lobby?
just turn on the "hide people/mercs/pets" in those zones - check your eq alt-o --- I'd also suggest adjusting your shownames

just turn on the "hide people/mercs/pets" in those zones - check your eq alt-o --- I'd also suggest adjusting your shownames
you can do it per zone whaaaat?! oh snap I see it now. thanks for the tip!

edit: any idea if there's a command for this so I can propagate it through my crew quickly?

when I log in my character I get a second duplicate box that pops on my tools bar at the bottom of my screen labeled MQ2Nav Tools. When you click on it it's a copy of my normal character box. Instead of one logged in box I have two with the second named MQ2Nav Tools. Any idea what causes this.

I keep getting this message on one of my characters.
Couldn't load mesh file. Ran out of memory!
I've tried restarting MQ.. then restarted EQ.. then restarted entire computer.
I have plenty of RAM on the computer, so unsure what is generating this.
thanks.

I keep getting this message on one of my characters.
Couldn't load mesh file. Ran out of memory!
I've tried restarting MQ.. then restarted EQ.. then restarted entire computer.
I have plenty of RAM on the computer, so unsure what is generating this.
thanks.

is this on the legacy emu MQ2 build?

> thy this here <

Hi, how do I determine the "item_name" for a door in any given zone.

door [item_name | id <#>] [click]navigate to door / object (and click it).

Last edited:
easiest is to use the nav ui and find the doors list, its sorted by distance so just walk up to it.
Thank you. I am getting close to figuring it out.

I have "/nav door FACADE 17 click" for my PoK to Guilld Lobby button. Character runs to the door, but will not click it to zone in. Might you be able to help me figure out the click part?

Also, "/nav door FACADE 17" is the same door as The Bazaar. So If I am closer to the bazaar, it will run to that door. If I am closer to Lobby, it will run to that door.

Clearly I am doing something wrong. Is there an easier way to make a button to zone into "zone X" the same way EasyFind does?

Last edited:
you're better off using easyfind to connect zones (unless you're on emu). but the syntax would be /nav door id <id> click or /nav door <name> click.
if you supply both the name and id it won't interpret the command properly.

Would anyone be willing to edit the ToV Eastern Wastes mesh for me?
My pullertank keeps trying to walk through the wall instead of using the door.
Northern building in the giant fort.
I've opened mesh generator... but I'm still working through the tutorial :(
EQ000003.jpg

Finished the tutorial and gave it a try!

Still doesn't like going through the door to the left, but made it to LOS for pull.

If anyone cares to look, here's the file.

Attachments

• eastwastestwo.navmesh
    10.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
when you deactivate MQ2EasyFind you can still move your toon with mq2nav. But i cant figure out which loc mq2nav is using
can you be specific.

if you are saying "run to bilbo" then it is using bilbo's location
if you are saying "run to the location im providing it" then it is using the location you are providing it

what *specifically* are you doing with mq2nav?

if instead you mean "how does it determine the route it takes" it is calculating based on the mesh squares that are generated when you generate the zone mesh - depending on your nav settings you will also dynamically recalculate as you travel in case it finds a different / faster / more efficient route as you're moving along

as an example: i deactivate mq2easyfind
i send one of my toon over the Alt+F Window with CTRL+left click to a zoneline. The loc hes trying to run are not the loc which are in the yaml file from mq2easyfind and i just wonder where it take the loc from.
Its a hard to discribe and iam pretty sure the is an super easy solution... but i didnt get it
I hope you can understand my question based on the information above

i send one of my toon over the Alt+F Window with CTRL+left click to a zoneline. The loc hes trying to run are not the loc which are in the yaml file from mq2easyfind and i just wonder where it take the loc from.
Its a hard to discribe and iam pretty sure the is an super easy solution... but i didnt get it

This is an easyfind question...

well going to locations in the find window is mq2easyfind are you *sure* you're unloading mq2easyfind

Hey, just FYI, if you try to autonav to nexus from PoK to Nexus, it takes you to Field of Bone (old)

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back