• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (1 Viewer)

Nav's UI is imgui, it's not part of the EQ UI, so /reloadui wouldn't do anything. If all else fails, you can open your MQ2Nav.ini and look at the settings.
here are the setting in the mq2nav config file
AutoBreak=off
AutoPause=off
AutoReload=on
ShowUI=on
ShowNavPath=on
UseSpawnFloorHeight=on
UseFindPolygonExtents=off
FindPolygonExtentsX=2
FindPolygonExtentsY=4
FindPolygonExtentsZ=2
OpenDoors=off
IgnoreScriptedDoors=on
MapLineEnabled=on
MapLineColor=4278255360
MapLineLayer=3
VisualNavPathBorderColor=0
VisualNavPathHiddenColor=14391348
VisualNavPathVisibleColor=1033457
VisualNavPathLinkColor=14365848
VisualNavPathVisibleOpacity=0.800000
VisualNavPathHiddenOpacity=0.600000
VisualNavPathBorderWidth=0.200000
VisualNavPathLineWidth=0.900000
DebugRenderPathing=off

this is from mq2navui
[Window][Debug##Default]
Pos=60,60
Size=400,400
Collapsed=0

[Window][MQ2Nav Tools]
Pos=-300,211
Size=400,400
Collapsed=0

the first set of settings look ok. Ive only toggled the Collapsed=0 as it was set to 1. still nothing.

Showui=off then save and log into game then type /nav ui and should bring it back, don't leave the nav ui open on zoning it will sometimes disappear and you can't bring it back easily.

The /nav ui command is not bringing up the UI overlay window. Is there some way to resolve this ?

Edit: mq2nav isnt opening doors either this is the reason im trying to get into the ui settings so I can see if the click door toggle is on or off.
this is an on-going issue that has been around for qiute a while. if you zone with the nav ui window open it can "ghost" where it isn't visible but it is still "there" - this can make areas of your screen unclickable because of the ghoste'd nav ui window and you need to unload and reload the plugin to make the ui window re-appear

Exact same issues with other users just a few posts behind yours.

Nav UI

Nav UI

Nav UI

etc

this is an on-going issue that has been around for qiute a while. if you zone with the nav ui window open it can "ghost" where it isn't visible but it is still "there" - this can make areas of your screen unclickable because of the ghoste'd nav ui window and you need to unload and reload the plugin to make the ui window re-appear

Exact same issues with other users just a few posts behind yours.

Nav UI

Nav UI

Nav UI

etc
Awesome that fixed it. Sic has all the answers =).

Is there a way to max the /nav UI window maximum size?

The plugin is working and has worked before. I have used the /nav UI window before. I have checked to find the UI window on multiple toons. I have tried moving windows around in case it got hidden. I tried to find it in multiple zones. I tried F10 - that made all the windows go away, so it didn't help me find one. I'm running out of things to try. Any help would be appreciated.

Is there a way to max the /nav UI window maximum size?

The plugin is working and has worked before. I have used the /nav UI window before. I have checked to find the UI window on multiple toons. I have tried moving windows around in case it got hidden. I tried to find it in multiple zones. I tried F10 - that made all the windows go away, so it didn't help me find one. I'm running out of things to try. Any help would be appreciated.
this is a semi-common issue that occurs when zoning with the mq2nav window displayed (which appears to be happening more frequently).

you need to unload and then re-load mq2nav
INI:
/plugin mq2nav unload
/plugin mq2nav load
/nav ui

Is there a way to make it where my puller stops running over traps? the trap shows up on the map, but he continuously chooses that path route in a wide-open zone.

Is there a way to make it where my puller stops running over traps? the trap shows up on the map, but he continuously chooses that path route in a wide-open zone.
you could block them out on your mesh - but i don't recall if they are static

Is it default y x z using /loc and when locations are listed on Alla's for instance?
EQ's locs are y x z
this is an echo with ${Me.Y}
and then an in-game /loc
1613514822520.png

if i /nav loc <y> <x> <z>
1613514878931.png
I will run to that location
1613514888386.png

if i wanted to mix it around i would have to

/nav locxyz -378 -35 -18
1613514959071.png

Since the last update I cannot left click my trader button in the bazzar and cannot left click the person to loot in ADVloot with my mouse. I tried F12 and the only thing that fixed it was unloading MQ2 ...any ideas on this? Thanks

sounds like you got a ghost window over your interface

try doing this:

/plugin mq2nav unload

and then

/plugin mq2nav load

see if that dont fix it.

Having a issue with Loping Plains from Steamfont. I used to have no problem now it won't go to Loping Plains. I'm getting a Meshless pathing to this point failed message. Any ideas? I a few weeks ago I didn't have this problem at all.

I’m sure it here someplace but can’t seem to word it right. How do you exit or stop KA from taking you to a target in a zone find or map directions? It’s happened to me a couple times, and suddenly my toon is running across the zone when I was not meaning to. Oh the trainz :f5:

I’m sure it here someplace but can’t seem to word it right. How do you exit or stop KA from taking you to a target in a zone find or map directions? It’s happened to me a couple times, and suddenly my toon is running across the zone when I was not meaning to. Oh the trainz :f5:

/nav stop

Also, you can bring up the ui with /nav ui and check what your "Break Behavior" is configured to do.

First off, mq2nav is not KA. Not sure if you meant to say KA was doing this, but KA generally only sticks you to a mob if it is with your camp radius.

As for mq2nav, there is a setting to break nav if you simply press any movement key. Ofc, /nav stop works too.

In the middle of the screen, from the center, all the way to the bottom, and often covering the entire right side, the mouse pointer changes from the EQ pointer to the Windows pointer. As such, I can click anything and everything and nothing will happen. No tooltip for hovering, no left or right click action for anything, including movement. Sometimes can use mouselook a bit and the issue will go away, only to come right back if I try to click on something.

Any ideas or suggestions?

plugins loaded: mq2shaman, mq2eskay, mq2enchanter

The issue occurs on my other 2 toons as well, that only use KA.

to fix this

issue these commands:

/plugin mq2nav unload
then
/plugin mq2nav load

this is the nav ui interface that gets bugged and ghosts your screen.

Damn! You guys always have the answers. Just loaded everything up on my laptop and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I had a dead spot upper left corner. It was invisible MQ2Nav UI. Thank you! It would have drove me insane.

Looking for advice: I want to create a macro that runs my mage from the zone in point to a safe area that paths near numerous see invis kos mobs. The mage has to follow a zig-zag path in order to avoid getting aggro. Is the best way to do this to string together a sequence of /nav to waypoint commands?

Background: A set of collectibles drop only from drake models in the CoV Skyshrine Crusader mission. The drakes are a considerable distance from where you zone in. There are numerous ice golem models that see invis along the patch. They are avoidable but just barely by following a crooked path with bard speed. When I run the path manually I get aggro about half the time.

I'd like to automate this run if possible. So far, the only method I can deduce is to just string together a series of nav to waypoint commands. A few of these will also have to be /open door commands too.

I'm just looking here for advice in case I'm not thinking this through!

@Trapper you need to make sure you don't have the /nav ui open on anyone while zoning or camping cause the issue is imgui trying to render the ui at the wrong time prior to your in game ui rendering. The only fix is to unload the plugin and reload it.

@Trapper you need to make sure you don't have the /nav ui open on anyone while zoning or camping cause the issue is imgui trying to render the ui at the wrong time prior to your in game ui rendering. The only fix is to unload the plugin and reload it.
Thanks Saar, I will try that.. not sure why it would have gotten open but maybe one of the hidden windows is open.
I will try reloading it on all toons so I can see the window and make sure there all minimized and then log off.

Looking for advice: I want to create a macro that runs my mage from the zone in point to a safe area that paths near numerous see invis kos mobs. The mage has to follow a zig-zag path in order to avoid getting aggro. Is the best way to do this to string together a sequence of /nav to waypoint commands?

Background: A set of collectibles drop only from drake models in the CoV Skyshrine Crusader mission. The drakes are a considerable distance from where you zone in. There are numerous ice golem models that see invis along the patch. They are avoidable but just barely by following a crooked path with bard speed. When I run the path manually I get aggro about half the time.

I'd like to automate this run if possible. So far, the only method I can deduce is to just string together a series of nav to waypoint commands. A few of these will also have to be /open door commands too.

I'm just looking here for advice in case I'm not thinking this through!
Look at mq2advpath /play ite even has a neat /record feature to build up the path.

Don't minimize you need to make sure that the window is closed it being in the minimize state or open is what's causing the issue you shouldn't have to run with the nav UI open unless you're doing troubleshooting within the zone just make sure that you close it when you're done

Hi guys,

I'm playing with MQ2 for the first time.
Watching Redbot's intro videos and following the instructions.
Two things I can't get working:
  • /nav commands work, but I can't get the nav UI to show. The command /nav ui does nothing.
  • I don't have the Mimic me, Follow me, and Come to me hotbuttons in my group window; only empty slots. How do I get these?
Thanks.

Hi guys,

I'm playing with MQ2 for the first time.
Watching Redbot's intro videos and following the instructions.
Two things I can't get working:
  • /nav commands work, but I can't get the nav UI to show. The command /nav ui does nothing.
  • I don't have the Mimic me, Follow me, and Come to me hotbuttons in my group window; only empty slots. How do I get these?
Thanks.
mq2nav sometimes bugs out with the window needing to unload and reload it - this can happen if you zone with the nav ui window open

1.you need to /plugin mq2nav unload and then /plugin mq2nav load and then you should be able to /nav ui

2. you need to be in a group to have those items showing

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back