• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav Meshes

Software MQ2Nav Meshes (1 Viewer) 2019-11-13

@wired420 Mesh report: the mesh in Kaeltwo include a disconnected area near Cobalt Scar that doesn't allow navigation between zone-in from EW and CS. I added a walkable path between the two meshes (quick, easy fix) so I can nav between them. File is attached. I never did much in this zone, so it doesn't have any other changes compared to the original, but it is convenient if you're just passing through.

Attachments

• kaeltwo.navmesh
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
So I never saw this thread before, can we submit the mesh changes we have made to address issues we have come across in specific zones that help alleviate pathing concerns? I have made some changes for several ToV zones, that I see have also been submitted in this thread. Are the ones submitted, make the general repository for download, or are these completely independent meshes people have made available to try out?

So I never saw this thread before, can we submit the mesh changes we have made to address issues we have come across in specific zones that help alleviate pathing concerns? I have made some changes for several ToV zones, that I see have also been submitted in this thread. Are the ones submitted, make the general repository for download, or are these completely independent meshes people have made available to try out?
The updating and adding stuff is good, but it isn't a free for all "any mesh that is sent" gets uploaded, as I've seen people break zones to fix 1 area etc.

It is good to build off of current meshes, so areas can be fixed and added to, rather than started over

The updating and adding stuff is good, but it isn't a free for all "any mesh that is sent" gets uploaded, as I've seen people break zones to fix 1 area etc.

It is good to build off of current meshes, so areas can be fixed and added to, rather than started over
That is what I typically do, build on the already existing mesh for certain zones where pathing is a little odd, disconnected, etc. RyGorr cave is a good example, there is a tiny spot where dead/alive mobs transition areas that is disconnected, and some of the ground spawns are unreachable, so I connected those areas.

My ogre and troll characters keep getting suck in the guild lobby on the poles with wings on them. Any way to increase the distance from corners and light poles.

Also Burning Woods my ogre and trolls keep getting stuck on trees.
Yes. you'll need to use the program meshgenerator.exe and edit the mesh files to put an exclusion zone around the poles and trees you don't want to run into.

My ogre and troll characters keep getting suck in the guild lobby on the poles with wings on them. Any way to increase the distance from corners and light poles.

Also Burning Woods my ogre and trolls keep getting stuck on trees.
Updating mesh right now to improve getting stuck in guildlobby problems

This made me think, something that I guess isn't all that important. But that's the way my brain works.

Who updates the mesh? Who keeps it working?

If they're here can we RedCent them? Or is there another to contribute?

Thanks-
BB~

This made me think, something that I guess isn't all that important. But that's the way my brain works.

Who updates the mesh? Who keeps it working?

If they're here can we RedCent them? Or is there another to contribute?

Thanks-
BB~
Meshes are updated by general users, @wired420 is the overall owner of the program, and pulls in those user meshes.

anyone having issues with the umbral planes mesh not naving to firefall?
It's been a while since you posted, so hopefully you can still use this, but here is a mesh that fixes that missing navigation path near the FFP zone line. This will let you nav through to FFP. I don't recall making any other changes to the mesh.

Attachments

• umbraltwo.navmesh
    28.7 MB · Views: 2
Hey guys,

Is there a way to save a mesh as a completely new zone? The EMU I play on has changed all of the zone names and unfortunately, it is not as simple as just changing the "zonename.navmesh" file as when I go to load it I get a loadMesh: zone name mismatch! mesh is for "name".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Update: I have managed to sort this issue, I needed to change the name in the Zones.ini file sitting in the resources folder.

Last edited:
Two of these zones were created by a dev who hates people and left little copy/paste objects about 75 miles away from where the content is, making the zone file much larger than it needs to be.

If you're compiling these on your own, you'll have problems with Unkempt Woods, and will need to raise the Y-axis bounding box.

Oh, btw, 0% of these appear to be recycled PoP or any other zones. It looks like 100% new content.... which is the first time in a long, long time.

zones.ini:
[Laurion's Song]
Ankexfen Keep=ankexfen
Laurion's Inn=laurioninn
Moors of Nokk=moorsofnokk
Pal'Lomen=pallomen
The Hero's Forge=herosforge
Timorous Falls=timorousfalls
Unkempt Woods=unkemptwoods

Attachments

• unkemptwoods.navmesh
    11.3 MB · Views: 6
  • timorousfalls.navmesh
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
  • herosforge.navmesh
    10.8 MB · Views: 4
  • pallomen.navmesh
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
  • moorsofnokk.navmesh
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
  • laurioninn.navmesh
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • ankexfen.navmesh
    7.1 MB · Views: 4
I created and modified those meshes manually from the beta zone files. I believe I got most of the spots that would be an issue but it's based on zero experience in these zones and so I mostly just made sure you'd be able to navigate anywhere you appear to need to navigate. So let me know if there are any issues with them. If there are issues you'll need to provide the zone name and location of the issue.

Having major problems with the trees in PAL'LOMEN.... there is a "Y" shape to the base and the characters attempt to run right through the tree and get stuck in the Y. They tend to do ok going the other direction, they path up and over.

PAL'LOMEN 001.png PAL'LOMEN 002.png

Yea, everyone is having this issue right now in LS zones. For the time being, you’d have to manual change it in the generator to “avoid” certain areas.

Software MQ2Nav Meshes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back