• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2GroupInfo

Plugin - MQ2GroupInfo (1 Viewer)

I use the veryvanilla 'Follow Me' button (/dgge /afollow spawn${me.ID}) on emu and it works great even in tight areas like solb or lguk.
The toons seem to 'mimic' my mains movements through the area (hugging walls, zigging, zagging) definitely does not work like regular follow.

Unfortunately it seems like you've tried the troubleshooting steps I already would have suggested. Hope someone finds an answer for you.

I use the veryvanilla 'Follow Me' button (/dgge /afollow spawn${me.ID}) on emu and it works great even in tight areas like solb or lguk.
The toons seem to 'mimic' my mains movements through the area (hugging walls, zigging, zagging) definitely does not work like regular follow.

Unfortunately it seems like you've tried the troubleshooting steps I already would have suggested. Hope someone finds an answer for you.
Come to me uses meshes to nav to you (smart pathing) /afollow says get over here, straight line. they work different.

Come to me uses meshes to nav to you (smart pathing) /afollow says get over here, straight line. they work different.
Right, I gotcha. I'm just saying when I use the 'follow me' button they definitely do not follow the nav meshes, but they do clone my movements well enough for tight zones. I'm going to check out the chase Lua utility based on this threads advice, might work even better for me!

I'm going to check it "chase" as I've never tried it before.

I use "follow me" but I always have to be aware of trees and right corners and such.

I think if it like driving a semi truck. Take wide turns and such. It's much better than /follow which we all grew up on, but I have found that the tactics I used while using /follow work well when using "follow me".

Follow Me will have the other characters attempt to mimic your movements. But, if you click Follow Me when your other toons are not close to you they first try to go to your current location (cant start mimicking from a totally different location). This is a straight-line movement and will get them stuck on things.

If you need to use Follow Me (say to move through lava or run off a cliff), your best bet is to first use Come to Me to get them to you, then Follow Me after that.

Oh, and of course, don't mix Chase mode with Follow Me. It gets weird.

1674686389315.png

It was about 9 months ago this happened and I remember Sic saying how to fix it, but I never did and ended up taking a long break from the game. Now I'm back and forgot how to fix it. Does anyone remember?

The window always returns to this position no matter if it's a clean logout.

Thanks in advance!

looks like an issue with your custom ui to make sure your grp window is updated
It's with the UI or not. It was something to do with when they redid MQ. They did a big update almost a year ago. When they made the launcher say "MacroQuest - Live" instead of MQ1 or something like that. They said to reinstall something, but I can't remember what.

View attachment 45483

It was about 9 months ago this happened and I remember Sic saying how to fix it, but I never did and ended up taking a long break from the game. Now I'm back and forgot how to fix it. Does anyone remember?

The window always returns to this position no matter if it's a clean logout.

Thanks in advance!
I edit my zliz group window to have space for it. You will need to do the same

It's with the UI or not. It was something to do with when they redid MQ. They did a big update almost a year ago. When they made the launcher say "MacroQuest - Live" instead of MQ1 or something like that. They said to reinstall something, but I can't remember what.
yup its likely as listed above your ui.

Nav is loaded and working. I have active mesh but they aren't working. It does not work on any of my toons in any zone.
I get the following line:
/multiline;/afollow off; /nav stop; timed 5/ then a nav ID number.
Anyone know what I can check to fix this?

Do you have dannet/EQBS up and are all the toons connected?
Thank you for responding. I have DanNet loaded. How do I check that all my group toons are connected and how do I know if it is working?
None of the /dge group commands, like wave, are working.

Make sure mq2dannet is working. There are instructions at the resource.

I looked at the commands in the resource but don't understand the jargon. mq2dannet is loaded but none of my group responds to my /dge commands. It doesn't appear to be working. Do I need to turn it on or something?
I'm sorry. I just don't understand.

Thank you for responding. I have DanNet loaded. How do I check that all my group toons are connected and how do I know if it is working?

I looked at the commands in the resource but don't understand the jargon. mq2dannet is loaded but none of my group responds to my /dge commands. It doesn't appear to be working. Do I need to turn it on or something?
click the instructions page and go to the link there
  • Some complicated network topologies won't be supported (a server interface is a better solution)
  • If for some reason the peers aren't self-discovering on a local network
    • check the output of /dnet interface
    • set one of the discovered interface names with /dnet interface "<name>"
    • unload and then reload the plugin
    • if you are using a VPN you need to ensure that your VPN isn't blocking local traffic
    • > post with pictures here <
    • failing that, I'll have to look into why, so contact dannuic with as much info as possible

With EQBCS you need to connect each character and Sic linked the best guide to that that I know about. I don't use Dannet much but the link gives all the basics there as well. But if you have questions once done with the videos there are always folks that can help with the details.

I must be doing something wrong cause when I am trying to get a quest from a NPC and I press the Mimic button sometimes accepting a quest it works fine and other times it's nothing but spam flooding the area of what I do in the say channel as in /say his children. That just happened in PoK and I am sure the Ban hammer is incoming :) It actually happened in EW and then I gated out to think that would stop it and of course I gated to PoK and it kept spamming so camped to dekstop,

So what am I doing wrong or just don't use that button if I still have 6 accounts anymore?

Don't think so, but I was not using the Leader and used one of the others in the group so maybe that caused it.
if toon a has mimic me clicked on and toon b has mimic me clicked on and then you /say hi on toon b - a is going to mimic b and b is going to mimic a and again

if toon a has mimic me clicked on and toon b has mimic me clicked on and then you /say hi on toon b - a is going to mimic b and b is going to mimic a and again
hehe yeah I see how it works. But I am not sure how that happened and was not the only time. So I will have to make sure only one Mimic is clicked. I just tried it on the Leader in GH with no one else there and it worked fine, then I clicked Mimic off and tried it on another in the group and clicked Mimic and it worked fine on the other.

I noticed that the highlight that Mimic is engaged seems to go off on it's own after awhile, but is it actually still on? Maybe that is my problem.

It is a good question. It has given me direction to try and fix these functions. It is quirky. Even unloading and loading the plugin (mq2groupinfo) again and refreshing injections did not fix it completely. I ended up camping out completely and logging each back in (w/out restarting MQ) before it would work again.

A little bit surprisingly, since dannet is on by default in vanilla. It should just work out of the box. Or mq2groupinfo would handle either w/out needing to edit the config.

My Wife and I play Eq on project Lazarus. I box 5 characters with kissassist and she only plays her one, however, she runs very vanilla also because she likes to use the auto nav and easy find features since she gets lost easily. The problem we are running into is the follow me and come to me buttons take control of her character too. So my question is how do I stop that from happening without disabling her ability to use the nav features?. For additional info I run the mac kissassist command on my bots but do not run it on her character. We are using two separate computers and two separate red guide accounts.

Hey Sic, perhaps I'm just not seeing it. But is there a way to assign a hotkey / button to the buttons? The GrouInfo.cfg doesn't seem to have any thing to reference there either. Thanks!

The upper ones yes, but to clarify im specifically talking about the lower ones; and if there is a way to assign a button / combination to them (say SHFT 4, or CTRL B for example)View attachment 55865
ah yes, you probably cant tie them from there
but the commands they do are listed here
so technically you could do your own button in the ordinary hotbar and tie that one like you would do normally. If you understand what I mean =)

ah yes, you probably cant tie them from there
but the commands they do are listed here
so technically you could do your own button in the ordinary hotbar and tie that one like you would do normally. If you understand what I mean =)
Yeah, for the interim I made my own; but that does require two separate buttons to achieve what the single 'Follow Me' button does as a toggle function.

Upon logging in this morning, I noticed that my 3 buttons I had for the follow me/ mimic me/ come to me buttons, along with the options of right clicking any name in group and being able to swap to that screen, or make me leader, etc, are all gone. I'm unaware of which plugin this actually used. I tried a small search of "followme/mimicme/ etc buttons disappearing and didnt' see anything, although I'm sure it's come up before. I couldn't track down a fix, does anyone have a link to anyone else's thread that may have had this issue before? Or an idea how to fix it? Ran all the updates to RGL, I tried unloading and unloading mq2nav(which I think is which plugin utilizes those options?) but having some issues w/ it this morning.

Upon logging in this morning, I noticed that my 3 buttons I had for the follow me/ mimic me/ come to me buttons, along with the options of right clicking any name in group and being able to swap to that screen, or make me leader, etc, are all gone. I'm unaware of which plugin this actually used. I tried a small search of "followme/mimicme/ etc buttons disappearing and didnt' see anything, although I'm sure it's come up before. I couldn't track down a fix, does anyone have a link to anyone else's thread that may have had this issue before? Or an idea how to fix it? Ran all the updates to RGL, I tried unloading and unloading mq2nav(which I think is which plugin utilizes those options?) but having some issues w/ it this morning.
mq2groupinfo

Wrong forum

i replied to you and moved your thread.

you don't need to make another new thread.

Plugin - MQ2GroupInfo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back