• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2FeedMe

Plugin - MQ2FeedMe (1 Viewer)

I run two toons on the same computer. I run MQ2FeedMe. I can see in the log that both the food and drink are consumed as per instruction. And still, from time to time, my stat food disappears. This never happend when I was running just one toon, but now with two ones online at the same time, it happens (rarely, but still). Is this a bug (known or unknown)? Or is there some other reason this might happen? The threshhold level is set quite a bit above the level where you need to eat/drink. Are my settings wrong?

These are the settings:
FeedMe settings:
[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=0
DrinkWarn=0
[Food]
Food1=Misty Thicket Picnic
[Drink]
Drink1=Kaladim Constitutional
[Toon1]
AutoDrink=3500
AutoFeed=3500
[Toon2]
AutoDrink=3500
AutoFeed=3500

Wrong forum
It could be, also some races are hungrier than others. Are you running any halflings?
I've heard that mounts can affect hunger as well.
Iksar and half-elf, never use mounts. Iksar is first toon and these settings worked 100% for a year when I was only playing him. But now that I added a second toon, this started to happen.
(Btw, when I run a plugin like MQ2FeedMe and I "unload/load" to restart it and load the new settings, do I need to do that on both accounts, or is it enough to do this on one of the accounts? I just did it on both, to be sure.)

Iksar are a hungry race, odd that no issues for a year with him solo though. I'm not sure.

I believe one reload should do it for all.

Iksar are a hungry race, odd that no issues for a year with him solo though. I'm not sure.

I believe one reload should do it for all.
Alright. Updating again just to mention that stat food was still eaten, even though I raised the limit from 3500 to 4500, and I most certainly do have plenty of the "replacement food" in my inventory.
The ini-file is as the one posted above, but with the thresholds set to 4500 for both food and drink.

Just to note, there are some times when the plugin cannot feed you. For example if you are Feign Death or if you are in a merchant window it wont work. So if you afk in a state where it cannot feed you for too long then the game will consume the stat food.

Just to note, there are some times when the plugin cannot feed you. For example if you are Feign Death or if you are in a merchant window it wont work. So if you afk in a state where it cannot feed you for too long then the game will consume the stat food.
Both toons are standing up (in lobby) and have been so for about 48 hours straight,.

Perhaps someone summoned you a mage rod or something else on your cursor? I've not tested this since I have them all blocked but I've heard it can cause issues as well.
Oh, this happens ALL the time. That could be the reason. However, it only happened on one of the two toons that were online at the same time in the same place. I will implemenrt a "desreoy ar once" snippert in my luas.

Ehrr... it is too early in the morning for thinking... Does anyone have a two-liner for doing this? :O

Something like this, right?
Lua:
if mq.TLO.Cursor.Name() == "Summoned: Dazzling Modulation Rod" then
    mq.cmd("/autoinventory")
end

Place in inventory just in case you might want to keep for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Folks just using water/fish at 1000 stacks for feed. How long does this last in real time?

Wondering if i need to make 1000 stacks of kaladim constitution or something. I really don't want to have to remember to buy more stuff twice a day or anything.

My tank ate his food, but very rarely do I /unload and its probably what happen. I'm about to set all my guys up with new LS food, I'll report if I have any issues.

I love this one, I would make a request if it is revisited to have a /feedme status and it pop out something like this:

Current Hunger : X Threshold is : Y next item to eat is [food]
Current Thirst : X Threshold is : Y next item to eat is [drink]

Something ate my wizards food again, after 2 weeks of it being on 700+ water and 850+ fish left. No idea what happen. Pluginman showed mq2feedme as green. type /autofeed /autodrink ate a fish and drank a water. Not sure if this forces eat/drink before the threshold or if something disabled auto mode. Not a bit deal i'm over flowing in materials, just giving some feedback. Wish I could pinpoint it better.

I am having the same issue with stat food being eaten.

UPDATE: Actually noticed no thresh hold was set in the ini. Fixed and working.

Last edited:
I'm a newbie with MQ and LOVE IT. I have been using it for about 3 wks now. I set up my autofeed and added waterflask and misty thicket picnics for auto feed and then set my autofeed=5000 like it was suggested. After a few days, I noticed that my stat food was being consumed but only on 1 of my toons ( my main, DE cleric). The rest of my boxes (each on their own computer, running main pc + 3 laptops) are fine and not consuming their stat food. What did I do wrong?
Other toons Human monk, Half Elf Druid, Gnome Enchanter

I changed my settings to 7500 hoping that it would eat the junk food sooner. Here are my settings:

[Settings]
Announce=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1
[Drink]
Drink1=Water Flask
Drink2=Bounty Coffee
Drink3=Tnexus' Terrible Tasting Tea
[Food]
Food1=Misty Thicket Picnic
Food2=Barbequed Brell's Bounty Jerky

[Synellee]
AutoFeed=7500
AutoDrink=7500

I'd also do something like Iron rations, or fish, or cheese as the 'junk food' and keep the water flasks or bottles of milk as your 'junk drink' Thing that can stack to 1k are probably best.

I am a baker/brewer so I just eat a bunch of stuff that I made. I have LOTS and I don't mind consuming. My stat food I am trying to conserve is Cheerful Apple Cider and Croaking Cricket Cookies from the event quests

Each resource on RG has an Overview / Discussion Thread and either a link to their wiki or tabs with FAQ, Commands, Etc.
Please make sure to post in the respective discussion thread, and check the FAQ/Commands/Wiki for information before posting.

I am a baker/brewer so I just eat a bunch of stuff that I made. I have LOTS and I don't mind consuming. My stat food I am trying to conserve is Cheerful Apple Cider and Croaking Cricket Cookies from the event quests
Then these cannot go into your first slots in your bags. I would advise that you put your real stat food/drink in your first 2 bag slots (excluding TS Bags), the other food you want to consume in slots 3 thru x, and then whatever behind all of those. Then you should not be eating the quest food at all.

Yeah I had the stat food in the first 2 slots and then junky food in the same bag after it. Still seems to keep eating the stat food :(

BTW TY for responding and trying to help me figure this thing out. I really appreciate any of the feedback you have given.

In your feedme file are all of your toons listed? I know above you only put 1. NM, I see you said each is running on its own machine..

Can you verify that the plugin is loaded on that machine?

I keep watching and seeing these reports where some have stat food consumed and it's puzzling so I thought I would throw out some info to see if it helps diagnose it for folks.

I use it on 3 diff groups where the tank has stat food in the first bag in the inventory slot and the food/drink is in the first 2 slots. The bag is a collection reward bag/raid bag for each toon, not a backpack or player made one for what thats worth. The tank in each group is the only one with the stat food there and listed in the ini with a consumption amount of 5k for both on a regular basis. The other toons do not use stat food for group content, so their values are set to zero.

For raiding, I turn on the autofeed/autodrink to 5000 and then move the stat food to spots 1/2 for every toon.
The food I want them to consume in the ini is in the same bag as the stat food, but in the last couple of spots in that bag with no other food/water/consumables in that bag.
None of the toons consume the stat food, so the plugin has to be working.

One difference I noticed is in the ini. I kinda doubt it's the issue, but since it's a difference I thought I would mention it. My food entires are first and drink second.

INI:
[Settings]
Announce=0
bAnnConsume=1
FoodWarn=1
DrinkWarn=1
[Food]
Food1=Summoned: Black Bread
Food2=Restless Meat Slurry
Food3=Iron Ration
Food4=Spiritual Luclin Flesh
Food5=Serene Game Meat
[Drink]
Drink1=Summoned: Globe of Water
Drink2=Water Flask
Drink3=Restless Ice Slush

What is the exact purpose of Song of Sustenance?
The lvl 15 bard song says:
An energetic song that fills your group with energy, eliminating their need for food and water.

I sing it on my group in the guild lobby or guild hall overnight and my party still eats food with the MQ2feedme running.
I am wondering if it stops eating at a set point or if it will make you just not suffer the negative penalties of not eating and drinking i.e. regen and mana regen penalties?

The only testing I have done so far is singing the song with MQ2feedme turned on and EASY. Lua on which shows the hunger/thirst counter and with the song running the hunger/thirst meter still counts down.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set your MQ2feedme up so it wont auto eat/drink if a bard is singing the song.

What is the exact purpose of Song of Sustenance?
The lvl 15 bard song says:
An energetic song that fills your group with energy, eliminating their need for food and water.

I sing it on my group in the guild lobby or guild hall overnight and my party still eats food with the MQ2feedme running.
I am wondering if it stops eating at a set point or if it will make you just not suffer the negative penalties of not eating and drinking i.e. regen and mana regen penalties?

The only testing I have done so far is singing the song with MQ2feedme turned on and EASY. Lua on which shows the hunger/thirst counter and with the song running the hunger/thirst meter still counts down.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set your MQ2feedme up so it wont auto eat/drink if a bard is singing the song.
I would say it's going to consume food because you have the macro running. It's does not check for songs or anything else because it's goal is to keep you fed automatically so you do not consume your stat food.

Probably best to make a hotkey to turn autofeed/autodrink off if you plan to sit in the lobby so A) the song will do it's thing and B) You don't scream "look at me, I'm using automation to eat while afk".

I turn mine off when I dont have stat food in my first slot(s) and let the game eat as normal.

Plugin - MQ2FeedMe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back