• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Events (1 Viewer)

Morning Redguides, having a bit of trouble getting this to work. Steps I have taken:

1) Downloaded SIC's example Ini File and changed it to toonname etc and am simply renaming the the name of the toon I use:
1654326799870.png

2) Copied SIC's Icebound Avatar of War "Events"

3) /event Load in game:
1654326857081.png

4) /event list (which is where the failure is)
1654326882430.png

5) Copied code (from my warrior running MQ2War)
[kneel]
trigger=#1#The ice encrusted Avatar of War shouts that |${Me}| must bend the knee!#2#
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /attack off ; /keypress DUCK
[stand]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War nods, accepting the subservience of those that gave it#2#
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /keypress DUCK ; /attack on
[avatarp2]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War changes the rules and chooses a new field of battle!#2#
command=/multiline ; /target npc Icebound Avatar of War ; /attack on ; /nav spawn Icebound Avatar of War

Anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Thank you.

Morning Redguides, having a bit of trouble getting this to work. Steps I have taken:

1) Downloaded SIC's example Ini File and changed it to toonname etc and am simply renaming the the name of the toon I use:
View attachment 40196

2) Copied SIC's Icebound Avatar of War "Events"

3) /event Load in game:
View attachment 40197

4) /event list (which is where the failure is)
View attachment 40198

5) Copied code (from my warrior running MQ2War)
[kneel]
trigger=#1#The ice encrusted Avatar of War shouts that |${Me}| must bend the knee!#2#
command=/if (!${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /attack off ; /keypress DUCK
[stand]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War nods, accepting the subservience of those that gave it#2#
command=/if (${Me.Ducking}) /multiline ; /keypress DUCK ; /attack on
[avatarp2]
trigger=#1#The Avatar of War changes the rules and chooses a new field of battle!#2#
command=/multiline ; /target npc Icebound Avatar of War ; /attack on ; /nav spawn Icebound Avatar of War

Anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Thank you.
Are you sure you are renaming the file with the correct extension? The faq gives some common examples of issues

Are you sure you are renaming the file with the correct extension? The faq gives some common examples of issues
Hi Sic,

Yes - Just been through the FAQ and can confirm, happy to issue the file extension directly also. all saying: MQ2Events_PLAYERNAME.ini

Weird.

Hi Sic,

Yes - Just been through the FAQ and can confirm, happy to issue the file extension directly also. all saying: MQ2Events_PLAYERNAME.ini

Weird.
A stretch, but what program did you use to edit the INI file? Is it possible you opened it with Word or something and then saved the file before changing the extension?

A stretch, but what program did you use to edit the INI file? Is it possible you opened it with Word or something and then saved the file before changing the extension?
so, renamed file prior to opening, then opened up file (auto opens with notepad) then saved file, no save as etc.

further update as I try and work my way through this for some reason, my Warrior now has his events load when I do an event list.

1655714724013.png

The exact same file (just with zerk instead of war) returns this on the Berzerker?

1655714770851.png

Going to keep trying.

For the Aten event, will this work for a shaman instead of having the group run?

Shaman Hot:
[AtenRun]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at#*#
command=/multiline ; /docommand /boxr Pause; /stopcast; /target clear; /timed 10; /docommand /keypress F2;  /cast "Spirit of Renewal"; /docommand /box Unpause;

For the Aten event, will this work for a shaman instead of having the group run?

Shaman Hot:
[AtenRun]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at#*#
command=/multiline ; /docommand /boxr Pause; /stopcast; /target clear; /timed 10; /docommand /keypress F2;  /cast "Spirit of Renewal"; /docommand /box Unpause;
I'll second Szazor, its going to depend on the group, gear, AA etc. But the way you have it might work for you and your setup. Give it a go and see what happens.

I setup my group a little to the Eastern side of the center of the event area, then ONLY my shaman runs away to the West no matter who gets the emote. In the main pile is my cleric. So either way at least one healer is still able to heal and it works out good.

INI:
[AtenRun]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at #1# with one arm#*#
command=/multiline ; /g Running away! ; timed 1 /mqp on ; /timed 5 /afollow off ; /timed 6 /nav stop ; /timed 7 /target clear ; /timed 8 /chase off ; /timed 9 /nav wp West ; /timed 40 /mqp off; /timed 150 /chase on

So to get these events to work do i just save the mq2events_mytoonsname.ini in the config folder? or do they get saved somewhere else? I have not been able to get these to work as of late. i do a /events list and it will list them all but nothing actually happens when it is supposed to. Thanks, trying to get my toons to run away as specific times to kill the blade on TLP in PoW and this would have been perfect

Just checking to see if the mq2events plug in is currently working? trying to get it to make my toons do things like take group invites, run away, but nothing seems to be working. I made a mq2events_mytoonsname.ini file for each toon and saved them in the config folder with the other ini's and then made sure the plug was loaded and when i do a /event list is lists them all but not doing them. do i need to save the ini's to a differnet folder?

Yep, but use the right tool for the job

Mq2autoaccept you should use for taking trades and invites etc

Also there is no reason to make a new thread when you're already asking in the correct location.

Yep, but use the right tool for the job

Mq2autoaccept you should use for taking trades and invites etc

Also there is no reason to make a new thread when you're already asking in the correct location.
gotcha, sorry about the extra thread, so i have the inis saved in the right place then, the config folder? i will turn on autoaccept, thanks, was just trying to get it to work in events as a test

OK, after lots of reading today, for the ini on each character; Is there a Cap to how big these ini files should get? As such, should the number of items it checks not exceed say 20 items? the OP post covers 5 to 6 i believe. So adding more to this, will it lag the system since it has to read the file?

For instance, if i did events for all of COV and TOL, would these all fit in the same file and not lag out because of the amount items it has to search through?

OK, after lots of reading today, for the ini on each character; Is there a Cap to how big these ini files should get? As such, should the number of items it checks not exceed say 20 items? the OP post covers 5 to 6 i believe. So adding more to this, will it lag the system since it has to read the file?

For instance, if i did events for all of COV and TOL, would these all fit in the same file and not lag out because of the amount items it has to search through?
you should consider using LEM imo, much easier to utilize and manage than mq2events

mine use to work, took a 8 month hiatus, installed MacroNext etc, i know ini file is suppose to be in config dir, I see a list of my events when /event list. made sure its on and enabled and ran debugging and it sees the feed, but nothing is triggering. any ideas? not even a simple tell seems to be working

I found the bug, apparently in EQ

Log file shows : [Thu Oct 27 23:56:45 2022] char tells you, 'selos '

note the space after selos. This is new on tells apparently. Confirmed multiple times on every tell there is now an extra space in log file. No, i didnt type a space

added space in trigger and all is good

I found the bug, apparently in EQ

Log file shows : [Thu Oct 27 23:56:45 2022] char tells you, 'selos '

note the space after selos. This is new on tells apparently. Confirmed multiple times on every tell there is now an extra space in log file. No, i didnt type a space

added space in trigger and all is good
this is an eqbug with tells - has been for weeks

After some testing, I believe I have a clue to what's broken.
Triggers that have a PC character name in it are broken. For example:
MyDude tells the group, 'Follow Me!'

Removing the character name from the trigger works.
#*# tells the group, 'Follow Me!'

Looking into /eventdebug, the feed of chat text has character names as some sort of hyperlink that change color when you hover over them. Just a hunch, but I think mq2event doesn't know how to parse whatever this hyperlink stuff in the feed is. .

Was wondering if there is a way to make a event that ensures a PC with a raid emote (PBAE around that person) stays 50+ range from ANY PC until emote goes off and then can return to raid...

Example:

1. oh noz, i haz bad emote! i need to be 50+ range from any PC so i dont blow them or the raid up with my AOE
2. pauses that characters kissassist or CWTN
3. runs 50-60 range+ from any PC, and will keep moving away if a PC gets close to me
4. ok my emote went off, safe to return to raid (they are moving it’s not a single camp area) and unpause kiss/CWTN

thnx in advance

Last edited:
Was wondering if there is a way to make a event that ensures a PC with a bad emote (PBAE around that person) stays 50+ range from ANY PC until emote goes off and then can return to raid...

Example:

1. oh noz, i haz bad emote! i need to be 50+ range from any PC so i dont blow them or the raid up with my AOE
3. runs 50-60 range+ from any PC, and will keep moving away if a PC gets close to me
4. ok my emote went off, save to unpause kiss or CWTN and return to raid

would use a /nav loc, but the raid is constantly moving clockwise or something around a raid, and that player can be close to raid as it moves, just like 60-80 range from any PC before returning...

thnx in advance
/stick 50 moveback; /face fast

This will make it move 50 away from its target, but its situational. Look in MoveUtils... there's a lot more in there

Was wondering if there is a way to make a event that ensures a PC with a bad emote (PBAE around that person) stays 50+ range from ANY PC until emote goes off and then can return to raid...

Example:

4. ok my emote went off, save to unpause kiss or CWTN and return to raid

would use a /nav loc, but the raid is constantly moving clockwise or something around a raid, and that player can be close to raid as it moves, just like 60-80 range from any PC before returning...

thnx in advance
No, not really. What Myysterio posted would work to stay 50 range away from the players target only, but it won't do anything to actively monitor where multiple other PCs are at and continue to check for the duration of the emote check. The best you'll get is to pick an arbitrary spot that is far enough away from where you plan to put the rest of the group and then setup an event to /nav to that predetermined location upon getting the emote. You'll also need to configure the event to handle pausing any other automation macro or plugin that would try to move back in and fight as well as navigating back to the group after an appropriate amount of time has passed and then re-enabling the automation.

No, not really. What Myysterio posted would work to stay 50 range away from the players target only, but it won't do anything to actively monitor where multiple other PCs are at and continue to check for the duration of the emote check. The best you'll get is to pick an arbitrary spot that is far enough away from where you plan to put the rest of the group and then setup an event to /nav to that predetermined location upon getting the emote. You'll also need to configure the event to handle pausing any other automation macro or plugin that would try to move back in and fight as well as navigating back to the group after an appropriate amount of time has passed and then re-enabling the automation.
thnx

I cant get it to work for something as simple as: You begin casting Grace of Unity. (or any other spell for that matter). Is there a syntax thing that i am missing? Thanks in advance!

I cant get it to work for something as simple as: You begin casting Grace of Unity. (or any other spell for that matter). Is there a syntax thing that i am missing? Thanks in advance!
What is the exact line that you are using

Hi Sic, this is what i use:

[feather]
trigger=You begin casting Grace of Unity.
command=/g -- Unified Phoenix Feather -- is on (paragon clicky)!
did you have a look at the mq2events overview https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/mq2events.124/ ?

Here are some examples on how the events work

Also, I personally would use LEM over mq2events as it is much more flexible and powerful, but if you intend on using mq2events you will want to create the event like the examples on the overview page #*# are going to be your friend.

Plugin - MQ2Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back