• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Cast (1 Viewer)

I see. I got an RoF2 compile and have to say I coded a very limited number of macro's for it's compile. Something you might find useful would be my data.mac. You can type /mac data datatype and get the resulting members of that datatype output to your screen and to an ini file called data.ini. Typically I would provide you copy of my data.ini file and you would be able to look through all the existing data types. BUTTTTTT since you have an ROF build it sounds like this is a perfect time for it to find a use outside of the live servers.

In order to determine members of a datatype that you have access to you would need to know the name of the data type. IE: character, spawn, spell, gem for example. /mac data character, /mac data spawn, /mac data spell, /mac data window, mac data gem, etc etc.

The existing wiki should tell you the TLO's available. https://redguides.com/wiki/Category:Top-Level_Objects

Then knowing what members you have access to based on data type is useful.

/mac data string, /mac data int, for example.

The output of the file should be

Rich (BB code):
[datatype name]
Member1=somemember
Member2=someothermember

In the case of Character - Character is ${Me}, so if Character Member1=PctHP then ${Me.PctHP}

The information about it being for an EMU build would have been useful from the start as the code has advanced some since RoF2 build.

Please find attached data.mac, hopefully it works on the EMU build :-)

Attachments

• data.mac
    1.2 KB · Views: 11
cool thanks ill check it out. I have ran into another problem now i'm trying to make a sub for buffing on request rite now for my macro every part of it works except for the /target ${Param1} and /tell ${Param1} parts keeps returning there are no spawns matching any <Name> even though other toon standing rite next to cleric bot and the error stats the requesters name rite at the top of the macro i have setup 2 events
#Event Buff "#1#tells you, '#2# Please#*#"
#Event Buff "#1#tells the group, '#2# Please#*#"

the tell one is easy i can just use /rt and /reply but i'm wanting it to also work for requests in group chat to. i'm wondering if there is a plugin i need to load or something but i have not seen anything about a plugin needed in all the research i have done about it and the ${Param2} is working just fine

This is what i have so far for the Buff sub i made

Rich (BB code):
Sub Event_Buff

/if (${Me.Book[${Param2}]}) {
			/memorize  "${Param2}" 5
			/call WaitForSpell
			|/rt
			/target ${Param1}
		:Castagain
			/delay 1s
			/cast 5
			/delay 1s
			/doevents
			/if (!${Me.Casting.ID}) /goto :Castagain
			/tell ${Param1} casting ${Param2} on you now
		:Casting
			/delay 1s
			/doevents
			/if (${Me.Casting.ID}) /goto :Casting
			/call MemGem5
			/gsay done buffing ${Param1} lets get on with this
			/return
		}
		/return
}

- - - Updated - - -

data.mac will come in very handy its nice to be able to check what arguments i can use in a command on this version, there is a lot of them on the wiki that wont work for me i see, thanks ChatWithThisName

data.mac should also get information from plugins as well. IE: I wanted to know what I could access from the TLO ${Stick} from the plugin MQ2MoveUtils. So I did /mac data stick and the results returned were.

Rich (BB code):
[stick]
Member1=Status
Member2=Active
Member3=Distance
Member4=MoveBehind
Member5=MoveBack
Member6=Loose
Member7=Paused
Member8=Behind
Member9=Stopped
Member10=Pin
Member11=StickTarget
Member12=StickTargetName
Member13=DistMod
Member14=DistModPercent
Member15=Always
Member16=Broken

meaning I can do ${Stick.Member} for the 16 members listed. IE: ${Stick.Pin} ${Stick.Behind} ${Stick.Stopped} ${Stick.StickTargetName} etc

I’m testing MQ2Cast (MQNext version from RG). When I cast a shaman buff Talisman of the Enduring, it returns CAST_TAKEHOLD, which is warning the spell didn’t take hold, but it is taking hold (i.e., it's not blocked).

I’ve come across multiple buffs across multiple classes that return the same status versus CAST_SUCCESS.

Anyone have any thoughts?

What is the message it is returning?
MQ2Cast looks at events for this and the text might have changed or is no longer accurate for CAST_TAKEHOLD.
These are the events MQ2Cast looks for on CAST_TAKEHOLD

INI:
    aCastEvent(LIST289, CAST_TAKEHOLD, "#*#spell did not take hold. (Blocked by#*#");
    aCastEvent(LIST289, CAST_TAKEHOLD, "#*#spell did not take hold on#*#(Blocked by#*#");
    aCastEvent(LIST289, CAST_TAKEHOLD, "Your spell did not take hold#*#");
    aCastEvent(LIST289, CAST_TAKEHOLD, "Your spell would not have taken hold#*#");
    aCastEvent(LIST289, CAST_TAKEHOLD, "Your spell is too powerfull for your intended target#*#");
    aCastEvent(LIST289, CAST_TAKEHOLD, "You need to be in a more open area to summon a mount#*#");
    aCastEvent(LIST289, CAST_TAKEHOLD, "You can only summon a mount on dry land#*#");
    aCastEvent(LIST289, CAST_TAKEHOLD, "This pet may not be made invisible#*#");

Wow hi Maskoi, really long time since I saw you, great to see you again.

Anyway, in game error on the Shaman is "Your Talisman of the Enduring spell did not take hold. (Blocked by Talisman of the Tenacious.)".

So I get it that MQ2Cast is reading the in game Spell error, that part makes sense now, but the target character did receive the buff Talisman of the Enduring.

Waves claw "I am not the iksar you are looking for"

Looks Like MQ2Cast is working as intended and like you mentioned its an EQ thing.
Stuff like this is so annoying for macro writers.

PS Good to see you here at RG as well MacQ

My KA characters will mem spells, cast them, etc. but my class plugin ones tell me the spell is not memorized. Is this typical?
the cwtn class plugins do not use mq2cast at all. nor do we output that we do or don't have something memorized - we only output if we're missing a spell that we would like to have.

Plugin - MQ2Cast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back