• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (4 Viewers)

Hello everyone.

I'm experiencing an issue with adding accounts to MQ AutoLogin UI. Each account I add overwrites the previous in the Accounts list. This also overwrites the associated account with any characters I have added to the Characters list.

All of my accounts have different names and passwords, the only shared element in this process is the EQ Install.

I'm going to provide some screenshot below to help explain the issue.

First account added:
View attachment 57477

Adding a second account: Here I have added a character to the characters tab.
View attachment 57479 View attachment 57481
Note the first added account is listed as eq (test) above.

Result of adding the second account (EQ1): Here you can see that the account for the character has changed.
View attachment 57480 View attachment 57482
Note that the account list has changed from eq (test) to eq1 (test). This repeats no matter if I try to edit an existing account or add a new account.

Any guidance as to how I should be completing this process is appreciated. I suspect this might actually be a user error.

EQ74
Are these menus from a Git download? Never seen them.

And this mq2autologin update is AWESOME !

Few comments :

1708337584292.png
Shouldn't button in (2) be called "Add Character" instead of "Add Profile" ? Seems redundant with the "Create" profile button in (1). Same for window title in (3) ?

I have 2 installs of EQ : one for driver toons with graphic settings set to normal and log on. And a secondary EQ install for non driver toons with all graphics turned down and log off. I set each account to run on an install, depending on the type of toons it will run. Above is a non driver toon, his account is tied to the EQ secondary install :
1708338437100.png

Adding a character to a profile :
1708337941337.png
EQ Path says "Default", I would expect it to inherit the path set for the related account (EQ secondary, C:\Program Files (x86)\Everquest 2\) but it does not.

3. Would be nice if hitting Escape on keyboard would behave as clicking the "Cancel" button, when applicable.
4. Would be nice if double clicking a line in a list would behave a clicking the "Edit" button, when applicable.

Thanks @dannuic for taking the time to update this. It will be very convenient.

I was going to echo what Canardvc [posted about the Add Profile button in 2, should probably be 'Add Character (to profile)'

I also noticed if you right click on the character that is part of the profile, it says 'Remove Profile' rather than remove character. I went ahead and clicked it, and the profile remained, but the character was removed from the profile.

Awesome job! Just some minor tweaks :)

Last edited:
A few caveats I would point out. If you go to the settings to Load the Legacy Config, it tends to make a mess (mainly because I had years of login info in the file, so a lot of old entries for InnerSpace usage, etc). It made a lot of unnecessary profiles and characters, so I ended up removing most of them. Also, if you do that, they come in without the password set, so you will then have to go into all of the accounts and set their passwords. Not a big deal, just pointing that out for the next person who might come on here and complain about autologin not working when they imported their old file.

Net result, it may be easier just to create your profiles and accounts from scratch, as then they will be exactly what you want from the beginning.

This is absolutely different than when I last MQd about a month ago.

Why can I no longer load a profile set, or select / deselect which profiles to load?
Are we no longer allowed to load a folder at a time?

Edit: Never mind, there's an entirely new window that has to be launched to use this function now. One more thing to make everything take longer!

Anyone noticing hotkeys like 1708553042160.png not working properly ?

Unfortunately I cannot give a reproduction protocol, but almost everytime I load a group of characters from the profiles, be it 1 char at a time or via the launch profile button, some hotkeys won't work. They are not always the same, sometimes a hotkey starts working. And I even have all hotkeys work at the same time ...But only once :P

I am on AZERTY keyboard, if that matters.

Anyone noticing hotkeys like View attachment 57659 not working properly ?

Unfortunately I cannot give a reproduction protocol, but almost everytime I load a group of characters from the profiles, be it 1 char at a time or via the launch profile button, some hotkeys won't work. They are not always the same, sometimes a hotkey starts working. And I even have all hotkeys work at the same time ...But only once :P

I am having the same issue ( not on a azerty keyboard, just using msi laptop, qwerty keyboard). Trying to see what i can do fix it

Last edited:
ok I used to do 3 clicks to load 3 teams now I am click happy to load up 3 teams.. I hope we get the ability to load all toons in a folder at once again :)

when I click on a single name in the list it only loads that character just like before. I normally it the load all button above the list of names but that is no longer an option.

@Irulann Left click the profile set. It still will load the entire group of toons.

- Ability to right-click "check" and "uncheck" a toon from a profile set seems to be gone? Now the UI must be open to check and uncheck specific toons.
- profile sets has been reordered (alpha). Can this be changed to allow the sets to be moved around?

Same for me. "Profiles" shows my hotkeys, but if I edit the same char in "Characters", it does show "empty". I'll test to set the hotkeys there as well, later.

The primary change here (from a graphical standpoint) is that the full GUI is for editing while the Quick Launch is for Quick Launch.

For ordering profiles, that's just drag and drop -- move your characters into any order you want in the GUI and that will persist. This is done from the main UI and not from the Quick Launch menu.

As others have mentioned the "load all" button functionality exists by clicking on the profile itself (instead of an individual character). We'll look at adding back the load all "name" so that it is clearer.

As others have mentioned the "load all" button functionality exists by clicking on the profile itself (instead of an individual character). We'll look at adding back the load all "name" so that it is clearer.

My "load all" is not working properly. I click on the profile and it loads up 7 instances, but it does not go any further than that.

I checked my ini and it shows AutoLogin=1, I manually logged in and AutoLogin is green in my pluginman.

Any ideas on how to get past this point?

My hotkeys are not working either.. Well some do some dont.. I use Cnt+Alt+1 2 3 4 5 6 and so on.. 1 2 work.. 3 nothing.. 4 works.. 5 6 nothing.. I dont get why some work and some dont.. Also I am on a standard QWERTY Keyboard.. Never had this issue till this patch.

Ive changed all my hotkeys and still doesnt work.. same toons messed up.. I then rebooted my PC.. and all the changes I made are all reverted.. It saved nothing. I changed hotkeys to 9 toons and even deleted a second profile.. but when i came back after reboot everything was reverted to before the patch? The ini file for toons seems to be gone now as well. So im guessing it was intigrated and cant fix it ourselfs

I had gone through and entered all the passwords for all of the accounts that were in the autologin. I even added a couple of new accounts to the list. I then restarted the computer after about 1o minutes, and when I started the Macroquest again, it prompted me to set a master password. I told it no for now, and not to ask again. When I tried to autologin a toon, it would not go past the login screen, so I went and looked for the passwords I had set on the account, and none of the passwords were there anymore. What's strange also, is the new accounts I had added were in the list.

Is there a way to make sure those save from now on?

Eh, all my login have changed. Am I doing something wrong? When I try to edit all the toons show the same account but won't log in under even that account.

BB~

Eh, all my login have changed. Am I doing something wrong? When I try to edit all the toons show the same account but won't log in under even that account.

BB~
You will probably have to add the password to the account again.
some reason i had to add the password to all mine too :'( once i figured it out it wasn't too bad fixing it, but not being sure what the issue was, was annoying

I had gone through and entered all the passwords for all of the accounts that were in the autologin. I even added a couple of new accounts to the list. I then restarted the computer after about 1o minutes, and when I started the Macroquest again, it prompted me to set a master password. I told it no for now, and not to ask again. When I tried to autologin a toon, it would not go past the login screen, so I went and looked for the passwords I had set on the account, and none of the passwords were there anymore. What's strange also, is the new accounts I had added were in the list.

Is there a way to make sure those save from now on?
That is where mine is getting stuck as well. I had to manually click the profile for each of my 7 accounts.

Ya I just saw that.. Also all my profile folders are in alpha order vs order of creation...which is a pita...
I like that order. BUT I have my logins as #1 <toon name>, #2 <toon name> etc. The order of log in of my characters.

now I just have to figure out how to log my toons in. Lol

BB~

For the record, no issues for me at all. Felt like someone needed to give some positive feedback...

All info saved for 16 toons and all info worked to log in. I clicked the name of the profile to log in all checked characters or click the individual character to log in just that one. Haven't added a new toon yet, but so far like the new GUI. Also re-ordered them in my preferred way in the full GUI screen- super easy.

Same. All went smoothly with the upgrade. I did set a master password though so I am not sure if that process had anything to do with it as it appears a few that are experiencing issues with the migration/upgrade bypassed that option.

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

• grimmier
  • M
Back