• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2AutoGroup (1 Viewer)

I saw your vid about mq2 next I was going to wait until it's official on the launcher. All these ini files and plugins is a lot to take in. I haver never done so much reading in the pass few days lol.

I saw your vid about mq2 next I was going to wait until it's official on the launcher. All these ini files and plugins is a lot to take in. I haver never done so much reading in the pass few days lol.
It’s already official. Do it now before you are forced

all the sudden my leader does not auto group invite all the others anymore not sure what i missed up

all the sudden my leader does not auto group invite all the others anymore not sure what i missed up
autogroup is very conservative for doing the invites - everyone needs to be in the same zone and connected to eqbc/dan, and it will only do the invite once

nearly every time someone has this issue it is because of those things

autogroup is very conservative for doing the invites - everyone needs to be in the same zone and connected to eqbc/dan, and it will only do the invite once

nearly every time someone has this issue it is because of those things
Yup I made sure everyone is in same zone also made sure eqbc is online. it's been going on for about 3 days or so. i do have a hot key to invite everyone and everyone autojoins with no problem. then i just set my tank as main tank and main assist. just for some reason he don't auto invite the group on his own like before

Hi, I may have programmed something wrong ... what is happening:

[(msg)Toon1] //invite

I am not typing this. This is being done right during startup. I have removed this toon from the group on multiple start ups but it gets reinvited.

I have 1 group with 2 toons. This is autogroup 1 at startup and it auto joins correctly.
I would like to make another autogroup (2) that does not autoinvite at startup, only when i give a command to do it.

Is this possible? The reason I just don’t make an in game macro is I want the additional toons to auto accept my invite.

I have 1 group with 2 toons. This is autogroup 1 at startup and it auto joins correctly.
I would like to make another autogroup (2) that does not autoinvite at startup, only when i give a command to do it.

Is this possible? The reason I just don’t make an in game macro is I want the additional toons to auto accept my invite.
Use auto accept and a hotkey. Your first bunch will auto group up. if you have auto accept set for the other 2, they will accept any invite you send to them.

[Group1]
Member1=Toon1|Puller|Main Assist|Mark NPC|Master Looter
Member2=Merc|Toon1
Member3=Toon2
Member4=Merc|Toon2
Member5=Toon3
Member6=

Problem:
1. I can not set Merc|Toon1 as MT by targeting Member2 and do </autogroup set maintank>, echo = [Your target needs to be in a group to give them a role].
However, Merc|Toon1 is already in the group, what's the problem?
So I manually added Merc|Toon1 as Main Tank in MQ2AutoGroup.ini, saved .ini file, and relog Toon1 and Toon2,
When log back in, auto grouped, no problem with roles set for Toon1, but Merc|Toon1 still didnt have MT tag in group window.

2. In 03:18 of the video says I can add a player into group by name, so I target Toon1(myself) and did [/autogroup add player Toon3], but it did not work for me,
echo = [Toon1 is already in a group.] I can only add Toon3 by targeting Toon3 and do [/autogroup add player]

Last edited:
Problem:
1. I can not set Merc|Toon1 as MT by targeting Member2 and do </autogroup set maintank>, echo = [Your target needs to be in a group to give them a role].
However, Merc|Toon1 is already in the group, what's the problem?
So I manually added Merc|Toon1 as Main Tank in MQ2AutoGroup.ini, saved .ini file, and relog Toon1 and Toon2,
When log back in, auto grouped, no problem with roles set for Toon1, but Merc|Toon1 still didnt have MT tag in group window.
Confirmed. It appears the intent of the merc feature is a group place holder, and to revive/unsuspend a missing mercs. Perhaps you can use the [StartCommand] section to run a custom command/script to set that.

2. In 03:18 of the video says I can add a player into group by name, so I target Toon1(myself) and did [/autogroup add player Toon3], but it did not work for me,
echo = [Toon1 is already in a group.] I can only add Toon3 by targeting Toon3 and do [/autogroup add player]
You found an wrinkle in the space time continuum, a glitch in the matrix. He did say that, but the video demonstration aligns with your own testing. Public speaking and live streaming are performing arts, not a substitute for technical documentation.

Greeting,

There is no MT tag shown on my tank merc in group window, I have to manually set it again, is there a solution?

Setting in MQ2AutoGroup.ini
[Group1]
Member1=Toon1|Puller|Main Assist|Mark NPC
Member2=Merc|Toon1|Main Tank
Member3=Toon2
Member4=Merc|Toon2
Member5=Toon3
Member6=Merc|Toon3

MQ echo ok
Tank merc name = Xulshul
ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 21 11.31.jpg

But no MT tag on merc, I have to set it manually again.
ScreenHunter_04 Nov. 21 11.54.jpg

I personally would abandon the usage of autogroup, i find it cumbersome and limiting to use.
There is a great Lua script that does it much better without limitations : https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/make-crew-bind.2161/
Greeting @kaen01,

1. I tried it and yes MakeCrew is more flexible than AutoGroup, thank you for the information.

2. However there's still no MT tag on tank merc
MQ echo ok when doing /mc Toon1 save
ScreenHunter_05 Nov. 21 12.55.jpg

Setting in Crew.ini
[Toon1]
Member0=Toon1
Member1=Xulshul
Member2=Toon2
Member3=a clockwork soother DXCV
Member4=Toon3
Member5=a hired goblin
Roles0=Puller,MarkNpc,MasterLooter
Roles1=MainTank
Roles2=MainAssist

But can't work on Mercs when I disband the group and do /mc Toon1 again
1669008307303.png

So still no MT tag on tank merc
ScreenHunter_06 Nov. 21 12.56.jpg

3. It seems I have to run /lua run binds/makecrew before doing /mc <CrewName> evertime I login, not like /plugins auto-loaded, is it correct?

4. How many RedCents can I give out daily? I got an error message.
ScreenHunter_08 Nov. 21 13.18.jpg

3. You can automate the loading using CFG files for your toon. See link here: https://docs.macroquest.org/main/features/cfg-files/?h=cfg
INI:
1. Navigate to your Config folder
2. Add a file with format: SERVER_CHARACTERNAME.cfg
3. Open the newly created file
4. Add the line: /lua run binds/makecrew
5. Save file and reload character
6. LUA should now be autoloaded

4. Its 3 or 4 every 24 hours.
Greetings @neophys

Ah...understood, so it's the same logic as MuleAssist UI, to add </lua run maui> in CFG.
So I can have two lines in it, correct?
server_character.cfg
/lua run binds/makecrew
/lua run maui

Noted with thanks, 3-4 RedCents daily.

i wonder if eq simply just doesnt like maintank mercs
Brings me back to the elusive (never figured out how to get it to work). You can change the role in game, but couldn't get the macro to do it. I'm sure it can be done. Even more so with Lua.
INI:
| TRYING TO SET MERC TO MAIN TANK
|    /if (${Mercenary.State.Equal[ACTIVE]} && !${Group.MainTank.Name.Equal[${Mercenary.CleanName}]}) {
|                /grouproles set "${Mercenary.CleanName}" 1
|                /call AssignGroupRole set "${Mercenary.CleanName}" 1
|                /echo setting tank merc
|            }

I just tried for first time to set this up and ran into a snag.

Running SK as creator and I /autogroup create then set myself as maintank / mainassist and then set up my shaman as masterlooter it screws it all up. My SK is no longer considered part of the group and when I do status I am no longer part of any group. Then I discover the shaman is now leader somehow and I have to use him to /autogroup delete 1 so I can start over.

Tried this a few times and same result. Only way I can get around it is to set the SK who is the creator as masterlooter. Does not look like I can change that.

Last edited:
I have been using this and it works great. I have a macro that I need to target the ${Group.Leader} before I run the macro can this be done with MQ2AutoGroup like

[StartCommand]
firiona_Hoosierbilly= /mac startshit ${Group.Leader}

would this pass the group leader to the macro?

thanks for all the hard work.

I have AgtoGroup up and running. Only thing is I'd like the group maintank to also be the mainassist.

I have the following in .ini <the names have been changed to protect the innocent>
INI:
[Settings]
Version=1.01
HandleMerc=1
NumberOfGroups=1

[Group1]
Server=SomePlace
Member1=CoolMage
Member2=CoolCleric
Member3=CoolShammy
Member4=KindaMehMage
Member5=CoolBard|Master Looter
Member6=CoolTank|Main Tank|Main Assist

When I log in the group joins up and the TankieTank it detected as the MainTank but not Main assist. I saw in the example .ini it was listed as the same way I have it. I tried to add as MainAssist in game as well without success.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks-
BB~

I have AgtoGroup up and running. Only thing is I'd like the group maintank to also be the mainassist.

I have the following in .ini <the names have been changed to protect the innocent>
INI:
[Settings]
Version=1.01
HandleMerc=1
NumberOfGroups=1

[Group1]
Server=SomePlace
Member1=CoolMage
Member2=CoolCleric
Member3=CoolShammy
Member4=KindaMehMage
Member5=CoolBard|Master Looter
Member6=CoolTank|Main Tank|Main Assist

When I log in the group joins up and the TankieTank it detected as the MainTank but not Main assist. I saw in the example .ini it was listed as the same way I have it. I tried to add as MainAssist in game as well without success.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks-
BB~
Try switching 6 with 1. That's how I have it and it works perfectly everytime!

Why did I never see this before? I started with makecrew, or my own hotkey for invites because I am very particular about the order I like to see my toons in the group window. Tank, Heals, CC, DPS.

Why did I never see this before? I started with makecrew, or my own hotkey for invites because I am very particular about the order I like to see my toons in the group window. Tank, Heals, CC, DPS.
I have a vid on it, and go over some of the "gotchas", it isn't perfect, but I still use it

Not sure what I am doing wrong - I have to set up my groups each time I log in my team :(

it is not remembering my group members even after I re-add them. Is there a new save feature I am supposed to be doing?

Went digging and found the config and it was rather odd. There was an entire blank group in the middle for some reason. So I deleted that group and manually created a group in the config. Let's see if this one works.

I also dug up my mq2autoaccept, but it only had one toon listed ... have never had issues before - not sure what f&^kery is afoot

*edit* - so it seemed to work after I manually created the INI for the rest of the night - the big test will be when I get home today and launch the group. Have honestly never seen it do that though, I should have grabbed a screen cap I guess - but the group was there, created, with only the LDR and all other team members blanked out. Quite strange. Science here we come!**

Last edited:
Hello everyone! This is my first posting. I've done a lot of reading and troubleshooting but I'm at a loss. I'll try to keep this as concise as possible.

Main Issue: I cannot get my autogroup to save on my laptop (2nd place I installed MQ&VV)
Context:
1. I have everything working on my PC but on my 2nd install and execution (laptop) I cannot form a proper group.

2. I did have it all working (except pulling) prior but the nav plugin wouldn't load on the laptop since the account thought it had all the meshes already but they were only loaded on the PC. I had to run the navupdater.exe from the folder in order to DL it.

3. After dl'ing the meshes I closed MQ and did an update through the launcher and then reopened MQ. I had to re-enter my autologin information. When I got back in, NAV was working great however I am now stuck with my Main Issue of not being able to get Autogroup to function nor can I save my autogroup or assign roles. I can create a group, add the players but when I assign a role they all get removed from group. Sometimes the puller stays behind in the original group when I go to delete it and remake it from the LDR/Inviter. If I start the group, make my guy tank/assist/ml and or puller I can invite the others but when I use /mac kissassist I get an error saying I cannot be the MA. Even if I give that role to other group members it makes the same error.

4. Slightly off topic but maybe relevant - I noticed when I use my /dge or /dgae on either computer it sends the commands to the other characters as well. The in-game MQ window shows information from both parties. Is there a way to separate this? I suspect that it's possible that this shared window somehow makes the groups compete for Group 1 or Group 2 slots in AutoGroup but even when I have everything set up as G1 and G2 the laptop group (G2) still doesn't function.

I hope that wasn't too confusing - I would appreciate a point in the right direction.

One additional thing - I'm using starlink for my ISP and it does not allow port forwarding. I have been unable to connect to EQBC as a result. From reading it seems like dannet should allow me to communicate between all acc. and that this shouldn't cause me any problems but I thought I might as well add it.

EDIT: I FIGURED IT OUT. Somehow I had two different folders. I ended up opening MQ folder through the launcher and lo and behold it was in a different path. I don't know how it happened but I had two separate INI's for my toons. I was tipped off when the one I was editing said I was level 67 and I have been 68 for a little while. The other INI had my tank as assist which is why it was having an error.

Last edited:
So i am trying to setup my autogroup and getting frustrated with results im sure its user error because i know the user hehe

so i target myself and do /autogroup create
i then target myself and do /autogroup add player
i click my other 3 chars and do /autogroup add player

i can check status with /autogroup status and shows all 4 in group

the second i target myself or bard and do either /autogroup set maintank or puller when i try and do next roll i get message you are not in a group need to create a group

Try these steps:

1. /autogroup create
2. /autogroup set main tank (whoever is targeted)
3. /autogroup set main assist (whoever is targeted)
4. /autogroup add player (whoever is targeted) to the rest of your group members.
5. /autogroup status to get a confirmation printout of the autogroup you just created.

You don't need to target yourself or add yourself when you're the creator of the group. The creator of the group will be the first character listed.

Once you have the group created, it'll probably have you setup as group#2. My OCD didn't agree with this when it happened to me. You can manually edit the autogroup.ini. I can help you there if needed.

I think Deadcities is "dead" on here. :D

You can find your mq2autogroup.ini in your config folder and it should look similar to;

[Settings]
Version=1.01
HandleMerc=1
NumberOfGroups=1
[Group1]
Server=servername
Member1=Toon1|Main Tank|Main Assist
Member2=Toon2
Member3=Toon3
Member4=Toon4
Member5=Toon5
Member6=Toon6