• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Utility MQ2AutoGroup

Other Authors
plure, knightly, brainiac
Included in Very Vanilla
Very Vanilla Included! No need to download.
Server Type
🏢 Live 🏘️ Emu TLP Test

Wiki Manual
Here is a little guide video that includes information on mq2autogroup

MQ2AutoGroup is my plugin that will create your group, set group roles, and then run a command. Your MQ2AutoGroup.ini entries will look something like this:

Rich (BB code):
[StartCommand]
firiona_Hoosierbilly=/macro startshit
firiona_Eqmule=/macro startshit
firiona_Redbot=/macro startshit
firiona_Plure=/macro startshit
firiona_Masuri=/macro startshit
firiona_Noobhaxor=/macro startshit
[Group1]
Server=firiona
Member1=Hoosierbilly|Master Looter
Member2=Eqmule
Member3=Redbot|Main Tank|Main Assist
Member4=Plure
Member5=Masuri
Member6=Noobhaxor
NEVER POST YOUR INI FILE

Member1 is always going to be leader of the group. He is going to invite the other when they are in the same zone, they will only be invited one time. As people join the leader will assign group roles based on what you set in the ini. If for some reason your leader isn't Member1, no group roles will be assigned.

Group slots can be reserved for mercenaries. If you set one of your characters to use their mercenary they will attempt to revive them if dead, or if you don't set a character to have a mercenary and they are up they will be suspended. This action is only done right away, it doesn't continue through your time playing.

Open group slots can be set aside to be used by anyone connected to your eqbc server or on dannet. The group leader will invite anyone that connected to either service that is in the same zone as the group leader.

After all of the group members join, or you invite someone manually and the group is full each character will run one command that you have set for them. I have all of my characters run start.mac, it decides what macro to run by the zone your in, puts in a delay for my puller to give the buffers time to do their buffing etc.

Commands:

SyntaxDescription
/autogroup [option] [setting]Configures MQ2AutoGroup much faster than writing an .ini from scratch.

If you want to donate krono PM and we can set something up, or to donate through paypal click here:
Source Repository
https://github.com/RedGuides/MQ2AutoGroup
[git] Automation options?
Yes
Author
Knightly
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from Knightly

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. 20230219

〰️Commits Update for v143 Addresses https://github.com/macroquest/macroquest/issues/635...
  2. fixes

Fixed a couple bugs - plure
  3. MQ2Dannet support, plays nice with mercs

1. Added the ability to add players that are connected through MQ2Dannet. 2. Fixed a bug that...

Latest reviews

I recently reinstalled everything and had to start fresh, which meant taking a look at plugins I overlooked when I first got started and everything felt a little overwhelming. After being a VV user for a couple years, I've just realized how much convenience Autogroup adds! You don't even have to run multiple groups to have this one add a ton of convenience.
Back