• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2AutoGroup (1 Viewer)

wacky

RedCents
480¢
I saw your vid about mq2 next I was going to wait until it's official on the launcher. All these ini files and plugins is a lot to take in. I haver never done so much reading in the pass few days lol.

brainiac

RedCents
8,311¢
I saw your vid about mq2 next I was going to wait until it's official on the launcher. All these ini files and plugins is a lot to take in. I haver never done so much reading in the pass few days lol.
It’s already official. Do it now before you are forced

wacky

RedCents
480¢
all the sudden my leader does not auto group invite all the others anymore not sure what i missed up

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
33,964¢
all the sudden my leader does not auto group invite all the others anymore not sure what i missed up
autogroup is very conservative for doing the invites - everyone needs to be in the same zone and connected to eqbc/dan, and it will only do the invite once

nearly every time someone has this issue it is because of those things

wacky

RedCents
480¢
autogroup is very conservative for doing the invites - everyone needs to be in the same zone and connected to eqbc/dan, and it will only do the invite once

nearly every time someone has this issue it is because of those things
Yup I made sure everyone is in same zone also made sure eqbc is online. it's been going on for about 3 days or so. i do have a hot key to invite everyone and everyone autojoins with no problem. then i just set my tank as main tank and main assist. just for some reason he don't auto invite the group on his own like before

Jelly Belly

RedCents
233¢
Hi, I may have programmed something wrong ... what is happening:

[(msg)Toon1] //invite

I am not typing this. This is being done right during startup. I have removed this toon from the group on multiple start ups but it gets reinvited.

Jelly Belly

RedCents
233¢
I have 1 group with 2 toons. This is autogroup 1 at startup and it auto joins correctly.
I would like to make another autogroup (2) that does not autoinvite at startup, only when i give a command to do it.

Is this possible? The reason I just don’t make an in game macro is I want the additional toons to auto accept my invite.

RedCents
1,209¢
I have 1 group with 2 toons. This is autogroup 1 at startup and it auto joins correctly.
I would like to make another autogroup (2) that does not autoinvite at startup, only when i give a command to do it.

Is this possible? The reason I just don’t make an in game macro is I want the additional toons to auto accept my invite.
Use auto accept and a hotkey. Your first bunch will auto group up. if you have auto accept set for the other 2, they will accept any invite you send to them.

RedCents
461¢
[Group1]
Member1=Toon1|Puller|Main Assist|Mark NPC|Master Looter
Member2=Merc|Toon1
Member3=Toon2
Member4=Merc|Toon2
Member5=Toon3
Member6=

Problem:
1. I can not set Merc|Toon1 as MT by targeting Member2 and do </autogroup set maintank>, echo = [Your target needs to be in a group to give them a role].
However, Merc|Toon1 is already in the group, what's the problem?
So I manually added Merc|Toon1 as Main Tank in MQ2AutoGroup.ini, saved .ini file, and relog Toon1 and Toon2,
When log back in, auto grouped, no problem with roles set for Toon1, but Merc|Toon1 still didnt have MT tag in group window.

2. In 03:18 of the video says I can add a player into group by name, so I target Toon1(myself) and did [/autogroup add player Toon3], but it did not work for me,
echo = [Toon1 is already in a group.] I can only add Toon3 by targeting Toon3 and do [/autogroup add player]

Last edited:
RedCents
426¢
Problem:
1. I can not set Merc|Toon1 as MT by targeting Member2 and do </autogroup set maintank>, echo = [Your target needs to be in a group to give them a role].
However, Merc|Toon1 is already in the group, what's the problem?
So I manually added Merc|Toon1 as Main Tank in MQ2AutoGroup.ini, saved .ini file, and relog Toon1 and Toon2,
When log back in, auto grouped, no problem with roles set for Toon1, but Merc|Toon1 still didnt have MT tag in group window.
Confirmed. It appears the intent of the merc feature is a group place holder, and to revive/unsuspend a missing mercs. Perhaps you can use the [StartCommand] section to run a custom command/script to set that.

2. In 03:18 of the video says I can add a player into group by name, so I target Toon1(myself) and did [/autogroup add player Toon3], but it did not work for me,
echo = [Toon1 is already in a group.] I can only add Toon3 by targeting Toon3 and do [/autogroup add player]
You found an wrinkle in the space time continuum, a glitch in the matrix. He did say that, but the video demonstration aligns with your own testing. Public speaking and live streaming are performing arts, not a substitute for technical documentation.

RedCents
461¢
Greeting,

There is no MT tag shown on my tank merc in group window, I have to manually set it again, is there a solution?

Setting in MQ2AutoGroup.ini
[Group1]
Member1=Toon1|Puller|Main Assist|Mark NPC
Member2=Merc|Toon1|Main Tank
Member3=Toon2
Member4=Merc|Toon2
Member5=Toon3
Member6=Merc|Toon3

MQ echo ok
Tank merc name = Xulshul
ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 21 11.31.jpg

But no MT tag on merc, I have to set it manually again.
ScreenHunter_04 Nov. 21 11.54.jpg

RedCents
461¢
I personally would abandon the usage of autogroup, i find it cumbersome and limiting to use.
There is a great lua script that does it much better without limitations : https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/make-crew-bind.2161/
Greeting @kaen01,

1. I tried it and yes MakeCrew is more flexible than AutoGroup, thank you for the information.

2. However there's still no MT tag on tank merc
MQ echo ok when doing /mc Toon1 save
ScreenHunter_05 Nov. 21 12.55.jpg

Setting in Crew.ini
[Toon1]
Member0=Toon1
Member1=Xulshul
Member2=Toon2
Member3=a clockwork soother DXCV
Member4=Toon3
Member5=a hired goblin
Roles0=Puller,MarkNpc,MasterLooter
Roles1=MainTank
Roles2=MainAssist

But can't work on Mercs when I disband the group and do /mc Toon1 again
1669008307303.png

So still no MT tag on tank merc
ScreenHunter_06 Nov. 21 12.56.jpg

3. It seems I have to run /lua run binds/makecrew before doing /mc <CrewName> evertime I login, not like /plugins auto-loaded, is it correct?

4. How many RedCents can I give out daily? I got an error message.
ScreenHunter_08 Nov. 21 13.18.jpg

RedCents
461¢
3. You can automate the loading using CFG files for your toon. See link here: https://docs.macroquest.org/main/features/cfg-files/?h=cfg
INI:
1. Navigate to your Config folder
2. Add a file with format: SERVER_CHARACTERNAME.cfg
3. Open the newly created file
4. Add the line: /lua run binds/makecrew
5. Save file and reload character
6. LUA should now be autoloaded

4. Its 3 or 4 every 24 hours.
Greetings @neophys

Ah...understood, so it's the same logic as MuleAssist UI, to add </lua run maui> in CFG.
So I can have two lines in it, correct?
server_character.cfg
/lua run binds/makecrew
/lua run maui

Noted with thanks, 3-4 RedCents daily.

Cannonballdex

Mad Scientist
RedCents
701¢
i wonder if eq simply just doesnt like maintank mercs
Brings me back to the elusive (never figured out how to get it to work). You can change the role in game, but couldn't get the macro to do it. I'm sure it can be done. Even more so with LUA.
INI:
| TRYING TO SET MERC TO MAIN TANK
|    /if (${Mercenary.State.Equal[ACTIVE]} && !${Group.MainTank.Name.Equal[${Mercenary.CleanName}]}) {
|                /grouproles set "${Mercenary.CleanName}" 1
|                /call AssignGroupRole set "${Mercenary.CleanName}" 1
|                /echo setting tank merc
|            }

Users who are viewing this thread