• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2AutoGroup (1 Viewer)

Does this require eqbc? Because I switched to Dan net
What is the big difference between the two?

My only complaint about this is that, I believe this is the cause, mercs get auto-suspended when the group forms, even if that player had a designated mercenary slot in the group. The only result is having to wait for the timer to cool down and re-summon the merc(s).

Last edited:
What is the big difference between the two?

My only complaint about this is that, I believe this is the cause, mercs get auto-suspended when the group forms, even if that player had a designated mercenary slot in the group. The only result is having to wait for the timer to coll down and re-summon the merc(s).

I'm looking into this and think I've found the bug that caused it. I need to test it and will ship the updated version soon.

I ended up finding a bug in how MQ2AutoGroup registers names to determine the group someone is in that disallows me from autogrouping them.

If the leader of Group 1's name is a proper subset of the leader of Group 2's name, MQ2autogroup presumes the leader of group1 is in group2. For example:

Group 1 Leader: Fernin
Group 2 Leader: Ferninado

MQ2AutoGroup presumes Fernin is in Group 2.

Screenshot: 1572101370350.png

Several updates for the newest version.

1. Added the ability to add players that are connected through MQ2Dannet.
2. Fixed a bug that was suspending merc's even when you were explicitly suppose to use them within the group.
3. The plugin will only suspend merc's when a player is in a full group and isn't suppose to have one.

I ended up finding a bug in how MQ2AutoGroup registers names to determine the group someone is in that disallows me from autogrouping them.

If the leader of Group 1's name is a proper subset of the leader of Group 2's name, MQ2autogroup presumes the leader of group1 is in group2. For example:

Screenshot: View attachment 18111

I'll look into getting this fixed.

plure,

So even with me only getting your plugin to halfway work I love it. I have been able to get the plugin to auto group my members. What a time saver. I have a question about the second part, the "start command" section. I am sure my problem is a setting in my macro section and not your plugin but am hoping you can send me to the proper discussion thread so I can figure out my setup and fine tune it a bit. The reason I think it is not your plugin is that the macro does start but aborts because I have not targeted a player. My hotkey manual startup looks like this.

/tar player1
/pause 03
/mac kissassist

When I use a start command in your plugin "/mac kissassist" it does start but then aborts the macro since there was no player1 targeted. My first question is, do I need to set the player target in your plugin startup command or somewhere else? A simple example of how would be helpful.

I also noticed that every time I zone the macros are reloaded. It looks like this is to have zone specific macros loaded automatically. This could be helpful but I have no idea how this would be set up. Which brings me to my second question, what mechanism determines which macro gets loaded for which zone? I am guessing there is a discussion thread somewhere on how your /macro startshit command works. I tried searching for startshit but found nothing. Any tips on where to look that would help me understand how to set this part up would be helpful. Right now, I have nothing set in the "start command" section and everything runs fine I just have to manually start my macros after they are auto grouped.

Thanks for sharing this with us as it is already saving me a bunch of time every login. Just hoping I can take your plugin to the next level. AnotherJohn

Uhoh,

I tried to add a set up for a second group and cant seem to do it. Not sure where I went wrong so I deleted the the Mq2autogroup.ini and attempted to start over. I am getting stuck at adding the first group member. I load the plugin, type "/autogroup create" and get the message "Successfully created group: number 1". I then target the second player and type "/autogroup add player" and get the message "You are not in a group, you need to create a group or be added to a group before you can add someone to it." I checked /autogroup status and see "Group member number1 is: Mytoonname". I am stuck here. How can I show in group but not in a group at the same time? Save me from myself. Thanks, AnotherJohn

Last edited:
plure,

So even with me only getting your plugin to halfway work I love it. I have been able to get the plugin to auto group my members. What a time saver. I have a question about the second part, the "start command" section. I am sure my problem is a setting in my macro section and not your plugin but am hoping you can send me to the proper discussion thread so I can figure out my setup and fine tune it a bit. The reason I think it is not your plugin is that the macro does start but aborts because I have not targeted a player. My hotkey manual startup looks like this.

/tar player1
/pause 03
/mac kissassist

When I use a start command in your plugin "/mac kissassist" it does start but then aborts the macro since there was no player1 targeted. My first question is, do I need to set the player target in your plugin startup command or somewhere else? A simple example of how would be helpful.

I also noticed that every time I zone the macros are reloaded. It looks like this is to have zone specific macros loaded automatically. This could be helpful but I have no idea how this would be set up. Which brings me to my second question, what mechanism determines which macro gets loaded for which zone? I am guessing there is a discussion thread somewhere on how your /macro startshit command works. I tried searching for startshit but found nothing. Any tips on where to look that would help me understand how to set this part up would be helpful. Right now, I have nothing set in the "start command" section and everything runs fine I just have to manually start my macros after they are auto grouped.

Thanks for sharing this with us as it is already saving me a bunch of time every login. Just hoping I can take your plugin to the next level. AnotherJohn

I've attached some lines from my startup routine. I haven't attached them all as I don't really want to post which zones I hunt in, but it should be enough to get you started.
INI:
Sub Main
    /delay 1
    /plugin MQ2Nav unload
    /delay 50
    /plugin MQ2Nav
    /if (${Me.Level} < 105) {
        /return
    }
    /if (${Zone.ShortName.Equal[PoKnowledge]}) {
        /return
    }
    /if (${Group.Puller.Name.Equal[${Me.Name}]}) {
        /delay 30s
        /if (${Group.MainTank.Name.Equal[${Me.Name}]}) {
            /macro kissassist pullertank ${Group.MainAssist.Name}
        } else {
            /macro kissassist puller ${Group.MainAssist.Name}
        }
    } else {
        /macro kissassist assist ${Group.MainAssist.Name}
    }
/return

The plugin should not be restarting the start macro everytime you zone. I'll send the fix to the repository tonight.

Screenshot: View attachment 18111

I solved the issue when a character's name is a subset of another name, will upload to the repository tonight.

@plure great plugin :).

I am wondering if it is possible to force invites to be sent out.

The use cases that I can think of are
1) I have disbanded a raid, and now I want to regroup
2) I want invites to be sent out even to characters not in the same zone
3) I want someone that is not normally the leader to send invites.

1) is the most common for me, currently I am logging out and then back in.

@plure great plugin :).

I am wondering if it is possible to force invites to be sent out.

The use cases that I can think of are
1) I have disbanded a raid, and now I want to regroup
2) I want invites to be sent out even to characters not in the same zone
3) I want someone that is not normally the leader to send invites.

1) is the most common for me, currently I am logging out and then back in.

Let me look into what it would take to reset a group, i suspect I could create some command with minimal effort.. I'll look into it once the holiday's are done.

Hey Plure, I've noticed in zones with decent bits of login or server lag, the invites get sent but the clients don't see them to accept. While a broadcast /invite solves this, thought you may want to know. Seeing it mostly in PoK on FV.

Let me look into what it would take to reset a group, i suspect I could create some command with minimal effort.. I'll look into it once the holiday's are done.

Was there any ever traction with this? I'm in the exact same boat and would absolutely LOVE a easy button for grouping all my toons on demand.

As is said above, make a simple hotkey with

/invite toonname1
/invite toonname2
/invite toonname3

etc, that way, if any miss the invite, a simple press of that hotkey will invite them all, and any that didnt accept the auto invite due to lag, will accept the group invite.

Emu has a bug where your leader will lose his group roles (which is what CWTN mods work off of) on zoning, and you can't set them back without either passing lead and having the new lead resetting the roles, or by rebuilding the group. I came up with this as it also catches the case where the client lagged and didn't auto accept the invite.

/resetgroup=/multiline ; /disb; /timed 5 /plugin mq2autogroup unload; /timed 10 /plugin mq2autogroup load; /timed 15 /noparse /bcaa //if (!${Group}) /inv
/acceptall=/noparse /bcaa //if (!${Group}) /inv

I am having trouble with MQ2AutoGroup pplugin, where group invites are being sent from the leader to the other toons, I see the invite on them and they have the follow button up, but the other toons are not automatically accepting the invites. The MQ2AutoGroup.ini file shows them as a group. It was working at one time but does not work now! Any suggestions as to what I did to make it stop working!

I am having trouble with MQ2AutoGroup pplugin, where group invites are being sent from the leader to the other toons, I see the invite on them and they have the follow button up, but the other toons are not automatically accepting the invites. The MQ2AutoGroup.ini file shows them as a group. It was working at one time but does not work now! Any suggestions as to what I did to make it stop working!
/plugin mq2autoaccept

is it possible to set up different group combinations with one character .... ex: Group 1 such and such players with Healer and then Group 2 different players but same Healer
I get message saying that player is already in a group ... is there a way around this as I don't have a ton of toons?

is it possible to set up different group combinations with one character .... ex: Group 1 such and such players with Healer and then Group 2 different players but same Healer
I get message saying that player is already in a group ... is there a way around this as I don't have a ton of toons?
autogroup isn't super flexible in this manner. you'd likely be better off using > MakeCrew.lua < which is available for MQ "next"

So my goal is to get a seamless transition from clicking to load my characters to having them grouped up. I cannot get that to work however. Ive edited the .ini file, ive wiped it and started over, and no matter what i do the group leader will only send out an invite once and if it isnt responded to (>90% chance of that happening) the leader never sends out another invite.

Honestly ive tried everything, and everytime i think I have it working, the very next time I login nothing works again. I suspect it mighthave something to do with connecting to the eqbc server. its supposed to happen after they group but it never does.The best I can get is 3 out of 6 characters to autojoin the group. No idea why I cant get all 6 to join from a fresh launch.

So my goal is to get a seamless transition from clicking to load my characters to having them grouped up. I cannot get that to work however. Ive edited the .ini file, ive wiped it and started over, and no matter what i do the group leader will only send out an invite once and if it isnt responded to (>90% chance of that happening) the leader never sends out another invite.

Honestly ive tried everything, and everytime i think I have it working, the very next time I login nothing works again. I suspect it mighthave something to do with connecting to the eqbc server. its supposed to happen after they group but it never does.The best I can get is 3 out of 6 characters to autojoin the group. No idea why I cant get all 6 to join from a fresh launch.
there are limitations with autogroup about only sending once, and requires folks to be connected to like eqbc.

I have a video here that explains some of that, if you find that useful:

MacroQuest "Next" also has Lua and there is a cool > MakeCrew.lua < that has some more flex and might be more what you're looking for.

ok, so the functionalityh I am looking for doesnt exist then and is not possible due to the very nature of the technology itself.

Autogroup is useless and a waste of a lot of my time today. I will be disabling that useless plugin.

ok, so the functionalityh I am looking for doesnt exist then and is not possible due to the very nature of the technology itself.

Autogroup is useless and a waste of a lot of my time today. I will be disabling that useless plugin.
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

I don't feel like you checked out the info I shared, since less than 1 min reply, which might shed some light on the difference in your expectations and experience.

Before you rage quit I'd suggest checking that info to see if it is helpful, and then checking the other option I shared.

Sorry its jsut that I am having multiple issues that I dont understand why they are happening. Now my characters are randomly logging out to the character select screen and i cannot fro the life of me figure out why. At this point ive spent nearly 6 hours screwing around with this macro stuff and almost nothing works. pretty darn frustrating when I was hoping to play eq, not play figure out why mq2 dont work.

So between autogroup not working, my characters randomly drop group and they randomly log out.

Im getting quite upset, I jsut completely wiped the software from my computer totally, think I may go back to the other software I was using. Wasnt as automated as this but at least it workeda nd behaved consistently. This software is jsut too unpredictable and i spend all my time trying to get it to work rather than having it actually work.

I gave it a try, I was excited at first at how neat this software seemed to be but I am really dissappointed to find out it falls flat in implementation.

Last edited:
Are you using KissAssist or a plug-in? If you are using KA, you should post the ini file of the characters logging out randomly. Let a few of the KA experts take a look at it.
I did a total wipe of the software and started over. Seems to be working better now, although still waiting to see if the autogroup functionality works correctly. Thanks!

Plugin - MQ2AutoGroup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back