• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Most iconic class + single game item combo? (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
29,661¢
Pronouns
He/Him
For some reason this question has been stuck in my head all day, and I was curious what everyone else would come up with.

If you had to pick the single most iconic class+item combo for eq what would it be, and why?

monk + fungi tunic !?
cleric + water sprinkler !?

Though this question is subjective, as to what is most important to the beholder, I would go with:

Shaman + Blessed Spiritstaff of the Heyokah - crazy increase to group critical damage, a health regen and a small decrease in hate to boot. Its still viable in current game even though its aged.

--Taz

Last edited:
definitely correct about the "this is subjective" thing

maybe my question was poorly articulated

I mean the most *iconic*

not necessarily the most OP or the "best" combo, or even the best item for a class in a specific era - I mean just something that makes you go "yeah that dude knows what's up"

sure sk and epic 2.0 is OP and arguably one of, if not the best items in the game

like the first time i saw a necro with the duck-stick i was like "holy shit", first raid i went on and saw a cleric with their sprinkler

Oooold Old school - Erudite Necromancer with Harvester because we couldn't see shit in the dark and it made us look like actual necromancers before duck sticks.
Iconic overall? Tie between Pally with their flaming sword and Warrior + Epic 1.0

But hell yea , at Kunark time it was impressive to see the first epics and to that time all of them were really nice to have.

Necro + pre nerf Circlet of Shadow
omg how did i not think of this. I had a preferf on my (rip) necro and i could do some naaaaaasty stuff with that thing, a necro with a pre-nerf cos (before the AA) was definitely dangerous.

For me, it's Bard with 1.0.

My main was a bard 20 years ago and I was so jealous every time I saw someone with those little notes floating about. When I finally got mine it was, well, epic. It helps that it was still relevant well into PoP.

My personal moments was on the pvp server and seeing a melee toon running at you with a glowing orange weapon from Solteris, always an oh-shit moment. Second was being able to get in on an Earthshaker run, and in awe of the massive pulls.

So many good ones here ... but the one that always stuck with me was: Any class + Guise of the Deceiver

nothing like watching that huge troll shammy or SK turn into a lil inkie to fit into the dungeon spaces of Lower Guk.

For some reason this question has been stuck in my head all day, and I was curious what everyone else would come up with.

If you had to pick the single most iconic class+item combo for eq what would it be, and why?

monk + fungi tunic !?
cleric + water sprinkler !?
Druid + Clicky Nuke Stick + Fungi + Jboots + manastone on original and kunark launch... Let the kiting of spectre island in SRO never end...
Necro + Staff of Dread Gaze + Manarobe ... fear me...forevah (endless reverse kiting)

Druid + Clicky Nuke Stick + Fungi + Jboots + manastone on original and kunark launch... Let the kiting of spectre island in SRO never end...
Necro + Staff of Dread Gaze + Manarobe ... fear me...forevah (endless reverse kiting)
Fail. 😝

Single item, single class.

This may not be along the same vein, but this reminded me of when my original monk went from being one of the good monks on the server to being "whoa, that's MISTER Punchy"

Late '99 I had best in slot equipment for everything but back, waist, head. Mostly because I wasn't getting CoF or one of the good belts anytime soon. However, we were making a Naggy run. Tranix was up, dropped the crown. Much to the disappointment of the bards on the raid, I won the roll.

Monks knew that the Crown of King Tranix was the pimpliest.

Look, it's MISTER Punchy.

Fail. 😝

Single item, single class.
Revenge Of The Sith Power GIF by Star Wars

monkie+2.0 ...back when mobs were not immune to stun. Fuckin invincible.
Druid+ Elder Spiritist's Vambraces. Root rotting was never the same.
Necro + Staff of the Dreaded Gaze. Multi-mob fear kiting was so fun.
Ranger+bow of the destroyer. Pew pew.
Monkie with stave of shielding in offhand.

Last edited:
Defining Iconic as "wow factor", the parent to epics comes to mind. Pally with fiery avenger.

Having originally been a druid the leaf blower is a close runner up. Loved using the trail of clovers to help people following me.

Shaman and JBB, was last man standing killing Rahg in Ssra, out of mana, and got the killing blow with it!
Ahhhh fun times back then.
I remember as a teenager when I was getting into this game I would spend time at an internet cafe. I would just watch this one guy that played a shaman with his JBB killing raptors in Timorous Deep while I rolled around on my level 5 Necromancer on another PC. I felt like that guy was such a badass. Fun memory of that item for me.

Discussion - Most iconic class + single game item combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back