• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Most iconic class + single game item combo? (1 Viewer)

1.0 on iksar shaman. sweet baby cazic did that look impressive. dominates the cowboys (barbs) or the filthy trolls and ogres. to this day, if i see an iksar shaman w/o the 1.0 ornament, i judge them. =p

honorable mention because it satisfies sic's requirement of "yeah that dude knows what's up" in both style and results was a troll in full cobalt. i couldn't find a picture of a troll w/ the purple eyes (my favorite) , but every time i saw one of these guys in full cobalt w/ his 1.0s, i thought, 'damn, homeboy isn't screwing around.' i can't remember one of these trolls disappointing me with their in game play. gotta be the cobalt!

rimp.jpg

Any class that could use it: Pre-nerfed Copper Hammer of Striking (especially at slightly lower levels you knew you were gonna kill quickly)

Necro & Zlandicars heart: That necro turned up to your group with that on you knew you'd be safe also, haha.

From my experience in Ever Quest when I was a kid (back in the good ole days), most iconic setup was Ikky Necro with 1.0....saw some gnomes with 1.0s but not as awesome looking as the Ikky.

Druid epic. Only epic you could see a mile away.

Fbss was next for me. Then fungi. My monk had both.

Last was leatherfoot haversacks. Back then bags with 10 slots, that held anything weightless, were also almost weightless and NOT lore did not exist before. I made a fortune making and selling them.

Anybody remember the Warrior with the Earthshaker doing Earthshaker pulls?
That guy always made me think, "He knows what's up."

Necro + massive set of balls
There are necros who do stuff that I don’t have the bulls to do with my full group that can do probably 3-5 mil when burning and a decently geared SK with about 400k health and a raid geared cleric and that necro still can do stuff I can’t it makes me so angry the funny part is watching them just face to face next to a dragon like say something bitch and I’ll F you up

Troll SK armor was much cooler looking...What was it Blood forged???

btw - on some of my toons I still have Old Troll Models turned on - I love watching that Old model scratch his fleas!

Though this question is subjective, as to what is most important to the beholder, I would go with:

Shaman + Blessed Spiritstaff of the Heyokah - crazy increase to group critical damage, a health regen and a small decrease in hate to boot. Its still viable in current game even though its aged.

--Taz

Though I did do the Monk/Fungi as my first toon, I'm going to have to stick with my original pick, Shaman/BSotH.

-Taz

My most iconic would have been my Erudite SK and getting the Greenmist.

Had to work hard to faction for Cabalis, then doing the quest. I was the first in my Guild (and probably the only one) and one of the few on my server back in the day to get the Greenmist as a Non-Iksar. That katana look and the fact it gave +Bane to Shissar because we were grinding in Temple to hard back then makes it iconic to me.

Late to the party, but even with all of the great suggestions above, I have to agree with another. Nec and PreNerf CoS. I loved mine. Allowed me to break into areas solo where full groups struggled. Second would be Monk, prenerf JBoots.

Monk with a Manastone : "Sorry, I wasn't feigning death when I avoided your finishing blow in pvp."

Of course in the next expansion mansions was needed, so that trick didn't work anymore /cry. Saved me so much plat.

Discussion - Most iconic class + single game item combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back