• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Missing expansions (1 Viewer)

Blaiser3218

RedCents
190¢
So after returning from a 10 year or so break, i'm looking at owning 26 of 29 expansions. My question... is there a way to get 27, and 28 without having to purchase the NoS expansion? can you download just missing ones, or do you have to purchase the latest to get the missing ones? Thanks in advance guys!!

Solution
So after returning from a 10 year or so break, i'm looking at owning 26 of 29 expansions. My question... is there a way to get 27, and 28 without having to purchase the NoS expansion? can you download just missing ones, or do you have to purchase the latest to get the missing ones? Thanks in advance guys!!
no, buying the most recent gives you the ones in between. there is no way to buy old expacs al a carte
no, buying the most recent gives you the ones in between. there is no way to buy old expacs al a carte

Solution
Okay i get it, will just save up some and get the ones i'm missing. hard to play with others when you dont have the current expac. and i cant get max level without the ones i'm missing. thanx again Sic.

Okay i get it, will just save up some and get the ones i'm missing. hard to play with others when you dont have the current expac. and i cant get max level without the ones i'm missing. thanx again Sic.
You can buy the latest expansion for $35.00 and if your already paying a monthly subscription it would be 10% discount on that. You can also ask in your server general chat if any one has the Tradable: Night of Shadows for sale. Or do you maybe have a bunch of Daybreak Cash saved up from when you last played?

You can get to level 115 on the expansions you have free. If you were gone 10 years then you have some catchin up to do that's for sure. So work on getting all the Heroic stats, AA and other stuff until you get the funds to buy.

Remember the $35 gives you all expansions

WB and good luck!

You can buy the latest expansion for $35.00 and if your already paying a monthly subscription it would be 10% discount on that. You can also ask in your server general chat if any one has the Tradable: Night of Shadows for sale. Or do you maybe have a bunch of Daybreak Cash saved up from when you last played?

You can get to level 115 on the expansions you have free. If you were gone 10 years then you have some catchin up to do that's for sure. So work on getting all the Heroic stats, AA and other stuff until you get the funds to buy.

Remember the $35 gives you all expansions

WB and good luck!
A LOT of catching up to do!!! level 85 chanter w/800 aa's, 85 cleric w/1055 aa's, and a level 80 mage w/ 270 aa's. So yeah, a lot to get done. gonna ask here, should i go for level cap, or keep grinding aa's first until i can get the newest expansion?

I go experience.

If you do "collections", which are very easy in Tainted Karana and other zones where they started, then many of those reward you with 12 AA for each one completed. You can even buy individual items dirt cheap (1 plat) in the baz if you don't want to go hunting around.

If your paying for EQ monthly then switch to Auto Grant and it will award you most of the AA per level every 5 levels or so. If your not paying, then try to pay one for a month, then the next month switch to another account and pay it and Auto Grant and keep rotating around so all your guys get most of the AA free. The Auto Grant does not work on free accounts. But whatever AA you were given while running it during your paid time you will get to keep when you go back to free.

At 85 start doing Overseer. You can earn experience and collection items thru this. At first the experience is not that much but it soon will be nice and it runs in the background. All you have to do is set it up each day. 24 hour quests give the most exp.

And at your levels you are right where you need to be expansion wise. NOS would be a waste of money right now.

I go experience.

If you do "collections", which are very easy in Tainted Karana and other zones where they started, then many of those reward you with 12 AA for each one completed. You can even buy individual items dirt cheap (1 plat) in the baz if you don't want to go hunting around.

If your paying for EQ monthly then switch to Auto Grant and it will award you most of the AA per level every 5 levels or so. If your not paying, then try to pay one for a month, then the next month switch to another account and pay it and Auto Grant and keep rotating around so all your guys get most of the AA free. The Auto Grant does not work on free accounts. But whatever AA you were given while running it during your paid time you will get to keep when you go back to free.

At 85 start doing Overseer. You can earn experience and collection items thru this. At first the experience is not that much but it soon will be nice and it runs in the background. All you have to do is set it up each day. 24 hour quests give the most exp.

And at your levels you are right where you need to be expansion wise. NOS would be a waste of money right now.
Thanks Red,

yeah i'm working the overseer at the moment focusing on cleric first. got one krono to use when i get to the point i think i really need to use it. Gonna try to get my guys, at least the cleric to my current level cap, and then will worry about getting latest expacs. thanks for the helpful info. The collections are a new idea to me... will definately check those out as well... thanks again all you guys

Thanks Red,

yeah i'm working the overseer at the moment focusing on cleric first. got one krono to use when i get to the point i think i really need to use it. Gonna try to get my guys, at least the cleric to my current level cap, and then will worry about getting latest expacs. thanks for the helpful info. The collections are a new idea to me... will definately check those out as well... thanks again all you guys
Blaiser, use Overseer Lua:

I would not use collections on AA. I would use them to level instead personally, especially the post lvl 113 or so. Do AA as you go so you don't end up being high level but really squishy. I used to do 80/20 and adjust from there. Easier to get AA than percentage of a level toward the end.

I personally feel they really should allow for the purchase of past expansions at a largely discounted rate. But my guess as to why they do it this way is, it's incentive to purchase the newest expansion. Sort of like "Hey get this one and get all the other content for free!". Sort of thing. :shrug:

I personally feel they really should allow for the purchase of past expansions at a largely discounted rate. But my guess as to why they do it this way is, it's incentive to purchase the newest expansion. Sort of like "Hey get this one and get all the other content for free!". Sort of thing. :shrug:
unfortunately your correct, but... better than the old days, when it was like 30 bucks a pop for any expansion.

But then they would have to offer the special items that come with each expansion. This way they can get away with saying that buying the current expansion gives you access to all the "content" from past expansions (but does not included those special items)

And if you look at $35 for current that gives you the missing 2 expansions plus the newest one then that is $35 divided by 3 = $12 approx each expansion. And then take off the 10%

Or if you wanted a discounted rate and can wait until next Sept or so then they put the current one on sale.

I think the way they do it works good. Returning players and new free accounts getting 26 expansions will keep them busy until they can even get close to handling the later expansions.

Even though they just now lowered the level to 100 but I doubt many at that level will be successful in NOS:
Changed the minimum level on all Night of Shadow quests to 100

But then they would have to offer the special items that come with each expansion. This way they can get away with saying that buying the current expansion gives you access to all the "content" from past expansions (but does not included those special items)

And if you look at $35 for current that gives you the missing 2 expansions plus the newest one then that is $35 divided by 3 = $12 approx each expansion. And then take off the 10%

Or if you wanted a discounted rate and can wait until next Sept or so then they put the current one on sale.

I think the way they do it works good. Returning players and new free accounts getting 26 expansions will keep them busy until they can even get close to handling the later expansions.

Even though they just now lowered the level to 100 but I doubt many at that level will be successful in NOS:
Changed the minimum level on all Night of Shadow quests to 100
Or maybe just make all the past expansion special items available in the DB store? Talk about making the money. lol

You don't get the special items from past expansions when you purchase the latest one. You only get special items from the current expansion normally. I have seen them extend some of the other expansion special order items. But not usually. That's why.
yeah they do collectors editions of various ones from time to time still

yeah they do collectors editions of various ones from time to time still
Right as I said before, that happens from time to time. I am just remarking with my prior post that they should just take every expansion item ever released and put in the DB store and sell them individually. Would be a good marketing move for them. I certainly would get some of the things I missed out on.

Right as I said before, that happens from time to time. I am just remarking with my prior post that they should just take every expansion item ever released and put in the DB store and sell them individually. Would be a good marketing move for them. I certainly would get some of the things I missed out on.
yup makes sense now thanks! I agree I like getting stuff from marketboard but they suck at it!

A LOT of catching up to do!!! level 85 chanter w/800 aa's, 85 cleric w/1055 aa's, and a level 80 mage w/ 270 aa's. So yeah, a lot to get done. gonna ask here, should i go for level cap, or keep grinding aa's first until i can get the newest expansion?
I've just returned kinda.. every year i usually start and stop but I've definitely been playing more lately and wanna stay up to date. but yeah i have an SK/War for tanks and my Cleric,Mage,chanter,shaman and Bard that i use for groups and its frustrating getting back in the hang of where i left off and what needs to be done. ive been working on levling to 90-100 mainly right now and around 95-100 ill work AA more probably around 100. need to do epics on most of those toons still aswell. i know some have their 1.0 but need to do the others still. redguides is an awesome tool to have found for lvling alone though makes the game more enjoyable

Question - Missing expansions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back