• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MeshUpdater (MQ2Nav Meshes)

Software MeshUpdater (MQ2Nav Meshes) (1 Viewer) 1.0.0.0

"Failed to download remote update file. System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'mqmesh.com' at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uriaddress, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at NavMeshUpdater.Main.GetRemoteUpdateFile()

Double check the settings and make sure the EQ folder and the MQ folder are pointed to the correct locations.
Then ensure you're running the program with administrator permissions.

"Failed to download remote update file. System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'mqmesh.com' at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uriaddress, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at NavMeshUpdater.Main.GetRemoteUpdateFile()
not sure on that issue specifically, but you can go directly to > MQMesh.com < and download from there

Double check the settings and make sure the EQ folder and the MQ folder are pointed to the correct locations.
Then ensure you're running the program with administrator permissions.

I have used the NavMesh updater for years. The last update I did successfully was about 2 weeks ago when I decided to let it update the new zones for beta (worked great). I have not changed anything. Nada. Not sure why today it all of a sudden is not working. I will take Sic's suggestion and re-download it directly.

/shrug?

not sure on that issue specifically, but you can go directly to > MQMesh.com < and download from there

Just clicked your link thinking it was for the NavMesh updater and realized that was the link to all zones. Yeah, lazy cleric here not going to download every file in the chance there might be an update in 2 zones or such lol.

I will wait and see if the problem goes away! haha.

1st are the new mesh available.

2nd how does one install them in MQ2Next? (a button like the one on live would be cool, but since it does not exist, please provide step by step actions for those of us who are not even close to being programmers and maybe even are only just of average intelligence :P)

1st are the new mesh available.

2nd how does one install them in MQ2Next? (a button like the one on live would be cool, but since it does not exist, please provide step by step actions for those of us who are not even close to being programmers and maybe even are only just of average intelligence :P)
there are.

mqmesh.com extract to resources->MQ2Nav folder

or you can run your meshupdater and point it to your resources->MQ2Nav folder

Hi, log into new zone and ran the mess updater. The compass comes up and the goes down to the task bar and the update screen does not come up at all.

The MQ2 box sayes: chase assist mode requires a mesh for the zone.

chase works perfect in the older zones.

any idea's

thanks again

happy holidays

Hi, log into new zone and ran the mess updater. The compass comes up and the goes down to the task bar and the update screen does not come up at all.

The MQ2 box sayes: chase assist mode requires a mesh for the zone.

chase works perfect in the older zones.

any idea's

thanks again

happy holidays
howdy devildog,

you can also directly download the meshes at mqmesh.com

also, please consider updating to macroquest "Next"

Ok sic by a miracle i loaded NEXT got all toons in. I have a MQ box no MQ2 box and a Nav tool. is there suppose to be a control panel like there was before?
thanks

Yes Nav Ui works, but MQ2 box is gone! you cannot select a toon to chase etc....
i now assume you're talking about the cwtn plugins? saying "mq2 window" isn't super specific, and the mq2nav mesh thread isn't the place for that.

but everything is the same. > here < has a link on using the ui window

I play on a server that is unimportant to this question, and I am unable to get nav meshes loaded and working, The program just wont update them for me.

Last expacs I manually downloaded each mesh from someone having a program in here for it, and copy pasted into MQ2nav, but that seems to not have the new ones and be oudated,

Been at it for a while now trying to figure why my meshes wont load, any and all suggestions would be appriciated.

I have nothing against downloading the meshes one by one and copy pasting into the right file.

Thx in advance for help!

Not updating the proper folder is what tripped me up. I had a MQ2Nav folder in at a higher parent folder level that wasn't being used. So when I copied new meshes there, it had no effect. If issues, I would confirm you are updating the MQ2Nav folder under the 'resource' folder. (At least for MQNext)

How do we get meshloader to pair up with MQnext? I have run the loader but when in next says i have no meshes? i see the mesh pack that can be downloaded, I have downloaded all but i do not know where to place it.
I think you just have to move the updater to a different directory with next. I could be mistaken but I believe this is all that is needed. I'm without a real computer until tomorrow night at least. (Had a motherboard shorting parts out. Parts are in town but not delivered til between 1 and 8pm tomorrow). I can ask someone in discord tomorrow or the next day and update it to detect both by adding just a few lines of code and giving red the update. If they don't answer here first after seeing this. Discord doesn't run on this old of android.

I think you just have to move the updater to a different directory with next. I could be mistaken but I believe this is all that is needed. I'm without a real computer until tomorrow night at least. (Had a motherboard shorting parts out. Parts are in town but not delivered til between 1 and 8pm tomorrow). I can ask someone in discord tomorrow or the next day and update it to detect both by adding just a few lines of code and giving red the update. If they don't answer here first after seeing this. Discord doesn't run on this old of android.
Thank you, I started a new question thread, i am also dealing with a new computer and part of the issue is When i open launcher file location it does not appear to have many folders, I do not see a next folder. thank you for the quick help

I am having issues with NavMeshes ...I am standing in Cobalt Scar and trying to use the FIND to go to Western Wastes and, before, it would take me right there ...but now it does nothing whatsoever. What am I doing wrong???

here is mine
I put yours into my MQNext/MQNav folder and it is still not doing anything...do I need to get out of the game completely and comeback in? Never had an issue with this before until I migrated to MQNext. I also ran the MeshUpdater as well ....just FYI

I put yours into my MQNext/MQNav folder and it is still not doing anything...do I need to get out of the game completely and comeback in? Never had an issue with this before until I migrated to MQNext. I also ran the MeshUpdater as well ....just FYI
nope, just need to be in the correct location and then a /nav reload

Still getting Mysterious forces prevent you from finding your destination easily. I typed in /nav reload and says successfully loaded mesh for cobaltscartwo
that means you're likely not pressing the correct button. Did you have an opportunity to check out the functions and features demo? there are some "mental notes" for some of the few differences.

you are likely not control+clicking

It is OFFICIAL! MacroQuest is the version of MacroQuest that we offer here at RedGuides.

You will see this with "MacroQuest - Live" in the RG Launcher.

Please, check out this link: >>> Functions & Features Demo + Migration to the new MacroQuest<<<

mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases, there is no mq2yes plugin

that means you're likely not pressing the correct button. Did you have an opportunity to check out the functions and features demo? there are some "mental notes" for some of the few differences.

you are likely not control+clicking

It is OFFICIAL! MacroQuest is the version of MacroQuest that we offer here at RedGuides.

You will see this with "MacroQuest - Live" in the RG Launcher.

Please, check out this link: >>> Functions & Features Demo + Migration to the new MacroQuest<<<

mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases, there is no mq2yes plugin
100% Correct ...totally forgot about those as I have not been on in a while because I hurt my back. I will take a look at them all as I am sure this is the problem. Will only bug you again if something is still not working. Thanks again as always.

Bug Report:
MeshUpdater still features an option to "Switch to Pro" (File > Switch to PRO), but the Launcher does not install MeshUpdaterPro (or the DLLs necessary to launch it.
Pro was a useful tool for some. But even if it's never going to be re-released, the menu option should be removed at minimum.

Software MeshUpdater (MQ2Nav Meshes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back