• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MeshUpdater (MQ2Nav Meshes)

Software MeshUpdater (MQ2Nav Meshes) (1 Viewer) 1.0.0.0

RedCents
4,687¢
wired420 submitted a new resource:

MeshUpdater (MQ2Nav Meshes) - Basic updater for MQ2Nav meshes. No more wasting bandwidth.

A basic version of my NavMesh updater. I got tired of downloading a 2GB pack every update. This updater will download missing files, or files with a newer version on the server (Your choice, either/or both). This WILL overwrite custom meshes you've made. So back them up first if you wish to keep them. It will warn you before it overwrites anything.

Source: https://gitlab.com/wired420/mq2navmeshupdater
Uses NewtonSoft Json Library, and ILMerge to merge said library into...
Read more about this resource...

RedCents
4,687¢
that is very nice..but what is this pro version? lol
It was kinda named that as a joke. But it'll be the next version of this. It'll include everything from this + more. You'll be able to manage meshes while keeping your own easily, and it'll also run in the system tray and tell you when it sees new updates.

unknown (1).png

RedCents
169¢
Ok, I guess I'm the only one here too retarded to figure this out.

-I have downloaded everything - then when I take the file that says "mesh updater", which is an application, and put it in my release folder, it will run.. then nothing happens. I get the compass rose initial screen, but it disappears and everything stops

When I move ALL the files or just the application file to anywhere else, it will run, but it tells me I'm missing all the files, then creates a new mq2nav folder.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

RedCents
304¢
Could we have some way to ask before overwriting meshes? I have customized several and I don't want to overwrite those, but I know at the same time a lot of these meshes I made by just popping default in the mesh generator are probably inferior than the server's other meshes

RedCents
118¢
Could we have some way to ask before overwriting meshes? I have customized several and I don't want to overwrite those, but I know at the same time a lot of these meshes I made by just popping default in the mesh generator are probably inferior than the server's other meshes
it does ask if you want to overwrite the Mesh's you already have by default.

RedCents
4,687¢
Does the updater check to see if it can write to a file before starting a download and if not does it then move on to the next one ?
No. It checks if it can delete the file though. Had issues with overwriting leaving corrupt files on some systems, so simplest solution was to delete old file. Then replace with new.

RedCents
3,363¢
No. It checks if it can delete the file though. Had issues with overwriting leaving corrupt files on some systems, so simplest solution was to delete old file. Then replace with new.
If the delete fails does it stop or move on ? Trying to see if I can say mark file as readonly then update won't replace it ;)

AFAIK windows won't allow you to delete a readonly file.

RedCents
4,687¢
If the delete fails does it stop or move on ? Trying to see if I can say mark file as readonly then update won't replace it ;)

AFAIK windows won't allow you to delete a readonly file.
I mean its in a try catch. So it shouldn't crash. Lol. Never really thought of that situation. Testing now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)