• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Merc Cleric doesn't follow toon stays with the group (1 Viewer)

robkey

RedCents
190¢
I use my Mage for a tanking and pulling but the last few days my merc cleric stays with the MQ2 boxed toons and doesn't follow me to heal...any ideas whats up? Any help would be appreciated

Mercenaries in Everquest are coded not to follow anyone with the Puller role. I believe they will also stick to the person assigned with the Main Assist role. In general they never stick to you like a boxed toon will.

Mercenaries in Everquest are coded not to follow anyone with the Puller role. I believe they will also stick to the person assigned with the Main Assist role. In general they never stick to you like a boxed toon will.
That makes sense....just started boxing so there's a lot to learn...TY

You can deselect the puller in the group window as puller and the merc will follow you as you pull if this is what you like, but like robkey says, if you are selected as puller in the group window the merc will stay with the group.

Don't count on them healing you when you get back to camp right away either;) Its like they're upset they couldn't go with you so now they are going to make you wait for a heal!

@robkey You can make a hot key to switch his stance. putting him on manual and just ordering him to heal can save your butt (i think you can do a multi line with a /target, /start,stop extra or make hot keys of the for there stance. There is an advantage to manual stance and telling him to heal. Something like it loosens up his restriction on targets and distances.

putting him on manual and just ordering him to heal
example of this? do you mean
/mercassist on
and
/mercassist

or are there more commands than this?
  • /mercassist on - Turns on Mercenary assist.
  • /mercassist off - Turn this off.
  • /mercassist - this activates the merc when /mercassist is on.
  • /stance passive - puts the merc in a passive stance.
  • /stance aggressive - this puts your merc in the aggressive stance.
  • /stance burn - puts the caster/melee dps merc in a burn stance (warning: high agro).
  • /stance balanced - puts the merc in a balanced attack/heal stance.
  • /stance efficient - puts the healer merc in a efficient stance.
  • /stance reactive - puts the healer merc in a reactive stance (note: best overall healing setting).

@Robban If i remember correctly, make the hot button and place it. You should be able to click it and see the command. It should make a social in the first available empty spot. They can get out of hand real quick. I'll be logging in after a break. I have been working on my computer all day. well sence like 3pm yesterday.

@Robban yes those are correct. It is also better to make them with out click and drag. Let me point out that if you it is set to passive. You will need to activate a stance be fore you call the assist. No one comes out and says, but while auto assist is off dps mercs will only attach when given assist command.
merc.jpg

Question - Merc Cleric doesn't follow toon stays with the group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back